PDA

View Full Version : Monday thoughts and news!

HHURRICANE
11-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Sirrius this AM finally gave the Bills there deserved criticism for bebuilding a team with offensive weapons and manning it with a joke offensive line. Finally gald to see that the national media recognizes that our FO is cheap and stupid.

Just as an FYI, the annoucers sounded fairly impressed with Peters play. As I have said numerous times the FO blew this starting two years ago when they decided to pay him half of what Dockery and Walker was making. Nice job FO.

hydro
11-09-2009, 08:42 AM
http://images.goldenstateofmind.com/images/admin/broken_record.jpg

yordad
11-09-2009, 09:03 AM
So, some guy on the radio is "fairly" impressed with the highest paid offensive lineman ever?

Well, I'm fairly unimpressed.

The last buffalo fan
11-09-2009, 09:07 AM
:spit:

trapezeus
11-09-2009, 09:12 AM
peters gets a lot of "he sucks" and "he's awesome" from philly announcers.

NFL network showed some impressive footage of peters throughout the season, shutting down top linemen. however, last night, he also jumped offsides on 4th and inches when the eagles had some momentum and were looking to close out the game. instead they punt and eventually lose that game.

i think regardless of his output, he didn't want to be in buffalo and we essentially got wood for him and wood is coming along pretty well as a rookie.

ddaryl
11-09-2009, 09:43 AM
the bottom line is Peters was offered a 9+ million a year contract and he still wouldn't sign.

I also don't believe the Dockery or Walker situation should of had any effect on Peters. He deserved more money and the Bills were working on his 2nd significant pay increase in less then 3 years... He had nothing to complain about. Nothing at all. he just didn't want to be in Buffalo unless he was overpaid to do so.

MassEffect218435
11-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Did the front office screw up with Peters? No doubt... Should have they paid him before the contract even became an issue? No doubt... But the guy did NOT want to play in Buffalo. If the reports are true that Buffalo offered Peters $9 million a year and he rejected it then it's hard to ultimately fault the Bills.

Give it a few years and Buffalo should have another franchise LT.

HAMMER
11-09-2009, 10:06 AM
He was stoning Demarcus Ware last night, owned him on nearly every play.

yordad
11-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I would like to say this thread's title is misleading.

MassEffect218435
11-09-2009, 10:11 AM
He was stoning Demarcus Ware last night, owned him on nearly every play.Yeah, he was very impressive last night minus the penalty on 4th down. He did such a good job on Ware last night that the Cowboys moved Ware over to Justice' side quite a bit to try and generate a rush. There's no doubt that Peters is a special talent.

bigbub2352
11-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Peters situation takes 2 sides, one we didnt want to pay him and 2 he didnt want to be here
Marv Levy on 103.3 the edge clearly stated Peters was a huge lockerroom problem and also was a not willing to play with dings and bruises and since he was so blown up with the media believed his own and agents hype and had no intentions of signing here

That being said he is an athlete and a rare one but u he dumb and injury prone, and also vastly overratted by the media
i say good riddance and for once i agree with the Bills FO ship his fat ass out and we drafted Wood with his pick he is everything you should be looking for in an OLineman, build the line around him!

Ickybaluky
11-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Peters does still suffer occasional mental lapses which hurt his team. That can't be denied. But watching him last night shows why Philly went out and traded for him.

Watching him play it is obvious how incredibly strong he is. He must be one of the functionally strongest players in the NFL. It reminds me a little of when Dallas had Larry Allen at guard, and he would just overpower guys who should not be pushed around. Peters plays with that kind of freakish strength.

That is what makes Peters a rare player. There are some athletic OL in the NFL, but what separates Peters from most is his tremendous strength to go with good athleticism. If he can match that with more consistent effort and better technique, he has the talent to be a HOF-caliber player.

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Peters has allowed 4 sacks this season. Buffalo's LT, Demetrius Bell, has allowed 5.

MassEffect218435
11-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Peters has allowed 4 sacks this season. Buffalo's LT, Demetrius Bell, has allowed 5.There's a reason why that's not an official statistic; because there is absolutely no way for you or any of us to truly know who's fault a sack is. The only people that know are him and the coaches.

Goobylal
11-09-2009, 02:28 PM
...and the Eagles still lost. Having a guy like Peters tie-up 8-10% of your cap and still have mental lapses just isn't good enough.

bigbub2352
11-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Peters has allowed 4 sacks this season. Buffalo's LT, Demetrius Bell, has allowed 5.
kinda makes u think doesnt it?
Bell hugely inexperianced at the pro level let alone football experiance
and 1 less sack then a guy making 10mil a yr?
Peters was media hyped here, he was also hugely overratted and injury prone
I was glad that we traded him and still am
He didnt want to be here and played like it
I dont care what he does in philly he insulted the fanbase here
he is a halfass player
I will take a developmental prospect with the same potential who is willing to work than over someone who is a big baby and a traitor to the organization that put him in the position he is in today

bigbub2352
11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
There's a reason why that's not an official statistic; because there is absolutely no way for you or any of us to truly know who's fault a sack is. The only people that know are him and the coaches.
I beg to differ, at that level, coaches or no coaches it is the statistion who decides that i believe
and when u get paid 10 mil and ur still false starting and getting beat inside whether u have help or not u still get beat its your fault
he is suppossed to be all world. all world tackles make up for other peoples mistakes, they hold there blocks to the whistle, the dont get beat to the outside or by double moves, all these thing are considered when crediting him with giving up a sack or the guy getting the sack against him

Peters is an above average LT nothing more, not worth the money or the hype
he is everything wrong with the NFL

Ickybaluky
11-09-2009, 03:21 PM
...and the Eagles still lost. Having a guy like Peters tie-up 8-10% of your cap and still have mental lapses just isn't good enough.

He doesn't take up 8% to 10% of their cap. His cap number is $3.375M this year, about 2.7% of their cap.

Peters contract was in line with what LT make. Jordan Gross got basically the exact same contract. Jake Long and Jason Smith got a higher average per season and more guaranteed money.

He is a well-paid guy, but top LT make that kind of money. It is the second-highest paying position in the NFL.

Philagape
11-09-2009, 04:13 PM
If he can match that with more willing effort and better technique, he has the talent to be a HOF-caliber player.

fixed

jamze132
11-09-2009, 06:02 PM
:sigh:

Goobylal
11-09-2009, 08:58 PM
He doesn't take up 8% to 10% of their cap. His cap number is $3.375M this year, about 2.7% of their cap.

Peters contract was in line with what LT make. Jordan Gross got basically the exact same contract. Jake Long and Jason Smith got a higher average per season and more guaranteed money.

He is a well-paid guy, but top LT make that kind of money. It is the second-highest paying position in the NFL.
Your cap number for Peters this year is grossly inaccurate, NE. It's actually $12.7M, which is almost 13% of the Bills' actual cap money spent, and 8.6% of the Eagles' cap. He's getting a guaranteed base salary of $10.5M, plus an $11M signing bonus amortized over 6 years, plus some additional bonus. Sure it drops down significantly in 2010, but it goes right back up in 2011 and beyond. And if he keeps making the Pro Bowl, he'll probably sit-out and demand more money.

BillsWin
11-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Peters is garbage.

Buddo
11-10-2009, 04:43 AM
For all his ability - and he does have the ability - Peters will never be an 'elite' tackle. There is a simple reason for this. He has the knack of stuffing up, when it matters. The truly 'elite' tackles just do not do that. He was the same for the Bills. Sure he might get beaten just on the odd occasion, but it was an odd occasion that nearly always cost the Bills. Now, I didn't see the game, but the description of him going offside on 4th and inches, is exactly what I'm talking about. By the sounds of it, that was likely the momentum killer that swung the game in favour of the Cowgirls.
In all honesty, that sort of thing happens too often with Peters, for it to be simply coincidence. He may not make mistakes often, but when he does, they always seem like big ones.

HHURRICANE
11-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Papa and Cross yesterday criticized the Bills for having offenisve talent without having an o-line. We also watched Peters play extremely well on the Sunday Night game and the annoucers said as much.

For the last time:

1) The Bills never offered Peters 9 million a year. Never, ever. Find me where he did. He got offered an incentive laden deal which he passed on. Furthermore the market was 10 million a year so why was he signing a 9 million a year deal? So he could leave 5 million on the table?

2) Read again. The Bills had no intention of keeping him so those who say Peters did not want to be here is a joke. The Bills did not want to pay out the money because we are cheap. Same reason Pat Williams is not here.

3) Levy is the same fool who signed Hargrove, let Clements walk by promising not to fanchise him, traded up for McCargo, overpaid for Robert Royal, brought in every FA offensive lineman under the sun which none our left on the roster. This guy is a fool and is 90% of the reason Peters left. If the old fool hadn't overpaid for Dockery and Walker, Peters might still be here.

Bottom line is you can blame the QB, Owens, our young TEs but our problems start with the offensive line.

And even if we do get another franchise LT do you really trust the Bills to keep him here long term? The Bills keep extending the wrong players. Parrish and Schobel for examples.