X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Just A thought when do you forgive

I was just wondering by the posts of some of you when do you forgive someone for anything...In the case of Mike Vick....

1. He did his time
    2. He is by all reports doing what he needs to do to stay in the league
    3. He has a right to make a living like any other person who has come back into society

Tony Dungy-a Devout Christian is his adviser...Dungy is simply following his principles .. Second chances are an example of what we who believe should give our fellow men.. Vick has earned it ..

The talk about him coming to Buffalo should be about his abilty to play football.

Which is in question...

If he comes to Buffalo it won't be via trade

The Eagles are not going to pay him all that money next year so i expect him to be released..

So the question should be do we pay a guy starter money to come here when he has not shown anything since his return ?

If signed wherever he goes it will have to be a bonus based deal for two years with a thrid year option. The contract will be based on him starting ,winning games , making the playoffs and being named to the pro bowl.

It would great if we could have a football conversation..

That's were i'm at ...As a life long dog owner.. I was appalled by what he did ...He did however do his time and i believe he has started to make the changes in his life to be a better man...

Tony Dungy a man with great integrity belief in him is enough for me.

Should he come to Buffalo i am not sure about that .. But it won't be because of his past mistakes off the field. It will be because of his curent shortcomings on it.

2Corn5:17
    Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Bmax
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: Just A thought when do you forgive

i dont care about any off the field issues when it comes to vick

i care that he isnt a very good qb great athlete but not a qb

Comment

• MassEffect218435
      • Apr 2009

Honestly, I'm over what Vick did. He served his time to society and he appears to be sincere in his attempt to start his life over. I honestly hope he gets his life back in order, I don't think he's a bad guy, just not very smart.

Comment

• Bmax
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Masseffect218345
        Honestly, I'm over what Vick did. He served his time to society and he appears to be sincere in his attempt to start his life over. I honestly hope he gets his life back in order, I don't think he's a bad guy, just not very smart.
        I would agree..He made some really bad choices...that doesn't even include his criminal acts...which he served time for....

Let's hope he gets to play in some mop up situations so we can see if he has anything left....

Bmax

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

I have no love for Mr. Vick, and I probably will never let what he did go. No different then any other violent felon out there for me.

I loathe him as a human, and that will never change. He did what he did, and really hasn't done anything to amend for that.

As for Dungy... it's his christian bible thumping crap that turns me off from him as a coach or caring about anything he says.
          Last edited by ddaryl; 11-09-2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

1. I think Vick is a dirtbag for what he did.
            2. That being said, he did his time and he has the right to make a living, so it's time to let it go.
            3. I still don't want him on the Bills because he's just not a very good qb. All style, no substance.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TheBrownBear
              • Dec 2004

I don't think Vick is a good guy who did a bad thing. I think he's just a bad seed. And worse, a bad seed with poor judgment. Dogs, drugs, Ron Mexico, flippin the bird to his own fans, jeez the list goes on and on. Why even get involved with a player like this? All he can do is drag this organization into the mud.

Yes, he did his time and he's rightly a free man. But if I'm an employer, there's no way in hell I touch this guy.
              Last edited by TheBrownBear; 11-09-2009, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                • Jul 2004

If we were able to 12-4 and get a Super Bowl win with Dante Stallworth, Mike Vick and OJ Simpson ... BRING EM ON... I am ready to WIN.... Whatever it takes to win

With that said Vick isnt the answer.. but if he was I would be game with him being a Bill....
                @Hemlepp53

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

we usually forgive them when we hire them.See TO.

When they leave they become idiots.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

If he's not intelligent enough to realise that dog fighting is seriously illegal, he's not bright enough to be a starting QB

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                      • Feb 2005

Vick did his time and that is all you can ask, really. Let the man live his life.

That said, you can take a man out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of a man. You can't change that he's a ghetto black man. He can only do his best to stay out of trouble and focus on his career.

Comment

• Bmax
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        I have no love for Mr. Vick, and I probably will never let what he did go. No different then any other violent felon out there for me.

I loathe him as a human, and that will never change. He did what he did, and really hasn't done anything to amend for that.

As for Dungy... it's his christian bible thumping crap that turns me off from him as a coach or caring about anything he says.

Well i have never known Dungy to force his his faith on anyone...We are free to express our beliefs...It's each person choice to accept and believe what he or she wants... That's what free will is all about...

I would rather have a man of principle like Dungy..a guy who gets the best out of people than Jauron who is clueless when it comes to leadership..

Bmax

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

He sucks. Getting Vick would be another move strictly to sell tickets.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan

What were TO's crimes against society ? An over blown ego is no where close to what Vick did time for !
                            Last edited by sdbillsfan2; 11-09-2009, 12:35 PM.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan

LOL, so true!
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X