PDA

View Full Version : Just A thought when do you forgive

Bmax
11-09-2009, 10:40 AM
I was just wondering by the posts of some of you when do you forgive someone for anything...In the case of Mike Vick....

1. He did his time
2. He is by all reports doing what he needs to do to stay in the league
3. He has a right to make a living like any other person who has come back into society

Tony Dungy-a Devout Christian is his adviser...Dungy is simply following his principles .. Second chances are an example of what we who believe should give our fellow men.. Vick has earned it ..

The talk about him coming to Buffalo should be about his abilty to play football.

Which is in question...

If he comes to Buffalo it won't be via trade

The Eagles are not going to pay him all that money next year so i expect him to be released..

So the question should be do we pay a guy starter money to come here when he has not shown anything since his return ?

If signed wherever he goes it will have to be a bonus based deal for two years with a thrid year option. The contract will be based on him starting ,winning games , making the playoffs and being named to the pro bowl.

It would great if we could have a football conversation..

That's were i'm at ...As a life long dog owner.. I was appalled by what he did ...He did however do his time and i believe he has started to make the changes in his life to be a better man...

Tony Dungy a man with great integrity belief in him is enough for me.

Should he come to Buffalo i am not sure about that .. But it won't be because of his past mistakes off the field. It will be because of his curent shortcomings on it.

2Corn5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Bmax

djjimkelly
11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
i dont care about any off the field issues when it comes to vick

i care that he isnt a very good qb great athlete but not a qb

MassEffect218435
11-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Honestly, I'm over what Vick did. He served his time to society and he appears to be sincere in his attempt to start his life over. I honestly hope he gets his life back in order, I don't think he's a bad guy, just not very smart.

Bmax
11-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Honestly, I'm over what Vick did. He served his time to society and he appears to be sincere in his attempt to start his life over. I honestly hope he gets his life back in order, I don't think he's a bad guy, just not very smart.

I would agree..He made some really bad choices...that doesn't even include his criminal acts...which he served time for....

Let's hope he gets to play in some mop up situations so we can see if he has anything left....

Bmax

ddaryl
11-09-2009, 11:14 AM
I have no love for Mr. Vick, and I probably will never let what he did go. No different then any other violent felon out there for me.

I loathe him as a human, and that will never change. He did what he did, and really hasn't done anything to amend for that.

As for Dungy... it's his christian bible thumping crap that turns me off from him as a coach or caring about anything he says.

OpIv37
11-09-2009, 11:20 AM
1. I think Vick is a dirtbag for what he did.
2. That being said, he did his time and he has the right to make a living, so it's time to let it go.
3. I still don't want him on the Bills because he's just not a very good qb. All style, no substance.

TheBrownBear
11-09-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't think Vick is a good guy who did a bad thing. I think he's just a bad seed. And worse, a bad seed with poor judgment. Dogs, drugs, Ron Mexico, flippin the bird to his own fans, jeez the list goes on and on. Why even get involved with a player like this? All he can do is drag this organization into the mud.

Yes, he did his time and he's rightly a free man. But if I'm an employer, there's no way in hell I touch this guy.

Hemlepp53
11-09-2009, 12:08 PM
If we were able to 12-4 and get a Super Bowl win with Dante Stallworth, Mike Vick and OJ Simpson ... BRING EM ON... I am ready to WIN.... Whatever it takes to win

With that said Vick isnt the answer.. but if he was I would be game with him being a Bill....

justasportsfan
11-09-2009, 12:11 PM
we usually forgive them when we hire them.See TO.

When they leave they become idiots.

kernowboy
11-09-2009, 12:11 PM
If he's not intelligent enough to realise that dog fighting is seriously illegal, he's not bright enough to be a starting QB

DMBcrew36
11-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Vick did his time and that is all you can ask, really. Let the man live his life.

That said, you can take a man out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of a man. You can't change that he's a ghetto black man. He can only do his best to stay out of trouble and focus on his career.

Bmax
11-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I have no love for Mr. Vick, and I probably will never let what he did go. No different then any other violent felon out there for me.

I loathe him as a human, and that will never change. He did what he did, and really hasn't done anything to amend for that.

As for Dungy... it's his christian bible thumping crap that turns me off from him as a coach or caring about anything he says.

Well i have never known Dungy to force his his faith on anyone...We are free to express our beliefs...It's each person choice to accept and believe what he or she wants... That's what free will is all about...

I would rather have a man of principle like Dungy..a guy who gets the best out of people than Jauron who is clueless when it comes to leadership..

Bmax

BillsWin
11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
He sucks. Getting Vick would be another move strictly to sell tickets.

sdbillsfan2
11-09-2009, 12:34 PM

What were TO's crimes against society ? An over blown ego is no where close to what Vick did time for !

Luisito23
11-09-2009, 12:37 PM

LOL, so true!

ddaryl
11-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Well i have never known Dungy to force his his faith on anyone...We are free to express our beliefs...It's each person choice to accept and believe what he or she wants... That's what free will is all about...

I would rather have a man of principle like Dungy..a guy who gets the best out of people than Jauron who is clueless when it comes to leadership..

Bmax

That's fine but for me it is annoying and aggravating and I would be much happier if I didn't have to listen to it. No different then having to deal with the mormons who knock on the door.

I am all for him having a belief, but when he drags it into his press conferences, and into the game of football like he does then it crosses a line for me. I am not a christian and I don't think I should have to be force fed religous idealogies through my teams head coach.

bigbub2352
11-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Vick is and was extremely overratted and should have been a RB from day 1, i dont want to rebuild a franchise with him starting QB no thanks
my personel opinion

Bmax
11-09-2009, 01:04 PM
That's fine but for me it is annoying and aggravating and I would be much happier if I didn't have to listen to it. No different then having to deal with the mormons who knock on the door.

I am all for him having a belief, but when he drags it into his press conferences, and into the game of football like he does then it crosses a line for me. I am not a christian and I don't think I should have to be force fed religous idealogies through my teams head coach.

That being said...Would you or anyone else be opposed to Kurt Warner or Tim Tebow coming to Buffalo....I wouldn't if they played great ...Both are very devout and outspoken they often do it at their press conferences...I think Bills fans just want a winner.

My guess is that Tony Dungy or whatever coach was up at the podium thanking his God and his Lord and Savior for the Super Bowl win as Bills head coach..It would be ok...Hey we finally won the Big one ....

Bmax

PECKERWOOD
11-09-2009, 01:15 PM
After their first touchdown.

ddaryl
11-09-2009, 02:14 PM
That being said...Would you or anyone else be opposed to Kurt Warner or Tim Tebow coming to Buffalo....I wouldn't if they played great ...Both are very devout and outspoken they often do it at their press conferences...I think Bills fans just want a winner.

My guess is that Tony Dungy or whatever coach was up at the podium thanking his God and his Lord and Savior for the Super Bowl win as Bills head coach..It would be ok...Hey we finally won the Big one ....

Bmax

I have issues with it. It would be frustrating to have to hear their god being thanked every week for things that no supreme being would even truly care about... like football.

if they can keep their beliefs in check or keep them in proper forums then I have no problem with it at all, but to have to hear these proclimations on a constant basis during football interviews etc... would be like dragging your finger nails down a chalkboard for me... Not very conducive to enjoying the sport

baalworship
11-09-2009, 02:59 PM
I would take Vick but I hope the Bills draft someone at QB as well.

Ed
11-09-2009, 05:28 PM
If he's not intelligent enough to realise that dog fighting is seriously illegal, he's not bright enough to be a starting QB
Vick definitely knew what he was doing was illegal. He just didn't care until he finally got caught. That's the kind of person he is.

Tailspin
11-09-2009, 09:02 PM
If you were a contractor and you got arrested for dog fighting you would do your time and probably go back to being a contractor. I don't like him personally but he has a right to earn a living in his trade. Pedophiles,rapists and murderers should have their balls blown off but this guys crime was against animals not people.

Ground Chuck
11-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Some guy called The_Philster is going crazy over Vick on the stadium wall.

What's the huge deal? Ray Lewis killed people and Marshawn hit a woman with a car. Vick did his time and he's out.

Jan Reimers
11-10-2009, 09:07 AM
From a legal standpoint, Vick has done his time.

From a humanistic standpoint, Vick is an evil person who should never be forgiven for his heartless and systematic killing and maiming of innocent creatures.

From a football standpoint, he is mediocre at best. Why would we waste another season or two with an overrated idiot at QB?

justasportsfan
11-10-2009, 09:11 AM
What were TO's crimes against society ? An over blown ego is no where close to what Vick did time for !

I wasn't talking about crimes . TO was a crybaby and a cancer. He didn't even play a snap and they gave him the key to the city . We'll see if they ask for that key back once he leaves next year.

Lone Stranger
11-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I believe in foregiveness. I just don't think Vick is a good football player. I think the Eagles are looking to pick up some draft choices. Smart on their part.

Jeff1220
11-10-2009, 10:24 AM

Tony Dungy doesn't force feed anything on anybody. I don't know what you're watching.

Slick
11-10-2009, 12:53 PM
I will never forgive Ralph for firing Bill Polian. NEVER.

ddaryl
11-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Tony Dungy doesn't force feed anything on anybody. I don't know what you're watching.

You are correct and I am over zealous on my distaste for having to deal with religion. My over zealousness peaked do to what George Bush did to this country, and how the Evangelicans and hardcore right wing christians supported him. This is where my issues with the subject have been pushed a little to far.

Those 8 years pushed me over an edge and I get bent out of shape now whenever someone brings religion into politics or it infiltrates one of my forms of entertainment with the need to declare their religion and faith for them winning or whatever.

I have watched a few interviews with Dungy where he announces his fatih and his belief and kind of lays it on thick, or too thick for my likings. But this has a lot to do with what I witnessed in this country starting in 2000.. The attempted take over of the country / politics by religion... and this worries me.

yes I have issues to deal with, and I struggle with these daily. last night I stewed in bed about the posts I made in this topic in this regard and felt regret for posting it. But I honestly would not make Dungy my 1st choice for a HC based simply on the fact that I know he will mention his faith during press conferences etc....

Would I oppose Dungy.. No, he would make the Bills a better team over Jauron, and I would deal with it...

Throne Logic
11-10-2009, 03:05 PM
It is not about forgiving his actions for me.

My issue with Vick is that he is mentally put together in a way that allows for the situations that he has been caught in. These "actions" were not accidents or one-time mistakes due to a single poor decision one random evening in June. He does not have a clear understanding between right and wrong. He may now realize that society believes that dog fighting is morally wrong. However, there are plenty of other situations that I'm sure he will wind up in because he, internally, does not understand why they are wrong.

sdbillsfan2
11-10-2009, 03:28 PM
If you were a contractor and you got arrested for dog fighting you would do your time and probably go back to being a contractor. I don't like him personally but he has a right to earn a living in his trade. Pedophiles,rapists and murderers should have their balls blown off but this guys crime was against animals not people.

I agree . The contractor has ever right to resume his career as a contractor. Where you and I may differ is , While he may still be a contractor ,it doesn't mean I have to hire him to do any work for me . I don't owe him squat. His crime was not only agianst animals but society as well. When a person purposely ignores the laws of man, it's a slap in the face to all of us! We do agree ,we don't like him personally. In my own case. I've never liked him . period. lol