• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Sign LJ, Trade Lynch? Jackson-LJ Combo

LJ-Jackson combo could be as good as Lynch-Jackson combo.

And Lynch def has more value than LJ. You can get a 2nd and 5th for Lynch. LJ is a jerkoff though. But I still think he has something left in tank. He was cut by KC today. Make Jackson the starter and LJ the hammer as change of pace like Tenn with Johnson and White.

I am a Lynch supporter. And love him and feel he is a better RB option than Jackson but I think the dropoff would be very minimal if we replace him with Larry and the gains in draft picks maybe worth it.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Sign LJ, Trade Lynch? Jackson-LJ Combo

You can find good talent at RB anywhere in the draft.

If you're going to trade Lynch, it should be to solidify the offensive line, and you can use a late pick on his replacement.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

And the sign-the-big-name disease strikes again.

Work for the cure! There is always hope!
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

I'd sign LJ, it's pretty hilarious that they had to flat out cut him though, lol.

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
          I'd sign LJ, it's pretty hilarious that they had to flat out cut him though, lol.
          Why? The trade deadline has passed.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mudflap1
            Why? The trade deadline has passed.
            So they could have benched him for rest of year. Traded in offseason. I'm sure they would have gotten something.

Comment

• Raptor
              • Jan 2009

LJ sucks his big years were mostly a product of running behind the best run blocking OL in the NFL. Now that that is gone he's been exposed

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

LJ is washed up and the trade deadline has passed. HORRIBLE idea.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

No.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Yeah right, dude.

A team like Arizona, New England, Cincinnati, Seattle or Detroit should be all over this.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                      LJ-Jackson combo could be as good as Lynch-Jackson combo.
                      The Bills run game hasn't been the same since Lynch came back.

Fred Jackson had 291 yards rushing in the 3 games he was starter.

In the 5 games Lynch has been the #1 guy he has 217 yards.

Lynch is just another overrated Bills player by some.

Lets' not forget it took Lynch 11 weeks last year to rush for 100 yards.

I don't get the love affair that some people have for this guy.
                      Last edited by TacklingDummy; 11-09-2009, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

Once defenses started putting 8 in the box again because Edwards is so not scary, the run game suffered. The offense has been predictable as it has been described by opposing defenders. The O-line could use some work, too, wouldn't you say?

We've all seen what Lynch is capable of.
                        Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 11-09-2009, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Demon
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Crisis
                          You can find good talent at RB anywhere in the draft.

If you're going to trade Lynch, it should be to solidify the offensive line, and you can use a late pick on his replacement.
                          I'm not arguing you're overall point, i wouldn't trae Lynch at all, unless they can get a steal for him to help the line. While Jackson isn't getting any younger, at 30 years old, he doesn't have as many miles on his game as many 30 year old running backs.

My point is, i think you're totally incorrect about the you can draft a QB anywhere in the draft part. The Bills had been trying to fill the RB role. In 2005 we picked Lional Gates in the 7th round. In 2007, we pick Lynch 12th overall and Dwayne Wright in the 4th round. In 2008, we picked Xavier Omon in the 6th round.

Only one to work out in 4 year span, was the first round pick. I never considered much out of Gates, but I remember a lot of people said Wright would be the better pick between him and Lynch.... and Omon had a lot of expectations too dispite being a late round pick.
                          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

LJ will be 30 in the next couple of weeks, and has some issues. I'll pass.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

And apparently Lynch has also made Jackson worse? Because Jackson's yards per carry is even worse than Lynch's. Coincidence? Or just that we actually had an almost healthy line.

Also, of those 291, Fred had 163 in one game vs the horrendous Bucs.
                              -15 for 57 against the Pats
                              -18 for 71 vs. NO

So other than his explosion against the Bucs, he averaged a pedestrian 3.8 ypc in those 3 games.

lastly, since week 4, Fred has 61 carries for 154 yards, a measly 2.5 ypc. Lynch, on the other hand, is averaging a whopping 3.1 yards himself.

My point being...Jackson has worse numbers against the same competition, and I love Fred as a change of pace back but I dont get the love affair that some people have for Fred.

Comment

Working...
                              X