PDA

View Full Version : Sign LJ, Trade Lynch? Jackson-LJ Combo

BuffaloBlitz83
11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
LJ-Jackson combo could be as good as Lynch-Jackson combo.

And Lynch def has more value than LJ. You can get a 2nd and 5th for Lynch. LJ is a jerkoff though. But I still think he has something left in tank. He was cut by KC today. Make Jackson the starter and LJ the hammer as change of pace like Tenn with Johnson and White.

I am a Lynch supporter. And love him and feel he is a better RB option than Jackson but I think the dropoff would be very minimal if we replace him with Larry and the gains in draft picks maybe worth it.

Crisis
11-09-2009, 02:37 PM
You can find good talent at RB anywhere in the draft.

If you're going to trade Lynch, it should be to solidify the offensive line, and you can use a late pick on his replacement.

Philagape
11-09-2009, 02:37 PM
And the sign-the-big-name disease strikes again.

Work for the cure! There is always hope!

PECKERWOOD
11-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I'd sign LJ, it's pretty hilarious that they had to flat out cut him though, lol.

Mudflap1
11-09-2009, 02:53 PM
I'd sign LJ, it's pretty hilarious that they had to flat out cut him though, lol.

Why? The trade deadline has passed.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Why? The trade deadline has passed.

So they could have benched him for rest of year. Traded in offseason. I'm sure they would have gotten something.

Raptor
11-09-2009, 03:15 PM
LJ sucks his big years were mostly a product of running behind the best run blocking OL in the NFL. Now that that is gone he's been exposed

THATHURMANATOR
11-09-2009, 03:54 PM
LJ is washed up and the trade deadline has passed. HORRIBLE idea.

ServoBillieves
11-09-2009, 04:00 PM
No.

PECKERWOOD
11-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah right, dude.

A team like Arizona, New England, Cincinnati, Seattle or Detroit should be all over this.

TacklingDummy
11-09-2009, 04:15 PM
LJ-Jackson combo could be as good as Lynch-Jackson combo.

The Bills run game hasn't been the same since Lynch came back.

Fred Jackson had 291 yards rushing in the 3 games he was starter.

In the 5 games Lynch has been the #1 guy he has 217 yards.

Lynch is just another overrated Bills player by some.

Lets' not forget it took Lynch 11 weeks last year to rush for 100 yards.

I don't get the love affair that some people have for this guy.

ParanoidAndroid
11-09-2009, 04:19 PM

Once defenses started putting 8 in the box again because Edwards is so not scary, the run game suffered. The offense has been predictable as it has been described by opposing defenders. The O-line could use some work, too, wouldn't you say?

We've all seen what Lynch is capable of.

Demon
11-09-2009, 04:22 PM
You can find good talent at RB anywhere in the draft.

If you're going to trade Lynch, it should be to solidify the offensive line, and you can use a late pick on his replacement.

I'm not arguing you're overall point, i wouldn't trae Lynch at all, unless they can get a steal for him to help the line. While Jackson isn't getting any younger, at 30 years old, he doesn't have as many miles on his game as many 30 year old running backs.

My point is, i think you're totally incorrect about the you can draft a QB anywhere in the draft part. The Bills had been trying to fill the RB role. In 2005 we picked Lional Gates in the 7th round. In 2007, we pick Lynch 12th overall and Dwayne Wright in the 4th round. In 2008, we picked Xavier Omon in the 6th round.

Only one to work out in 4 year span, was the first round pick. I never considered much out of Gates, but I remember a lot of people said Wright would be the better pick between him and Lynch.... and Omon had a lot of expectations too dispite being a late round pick.

Jan Reimers
11-09-2009, 04:29 PM
LJ will be 30 in the next couple of weeks, and has some issues. I'll pass.

Pinkerton Security
11-09-2009, 04:40 PM

And apparently Lynch has also made Jackson worse? Because Jackson's yards per carry is even worse than Lynch's. Coincidence? Or just that we actually had an almost healthy line.

Also, of those 291, Fred had 163 in one game vs the horrendous Bucs.
-15 for 57 against the Pats
-18 for 71 vs. NO

So other than his explosion against the Bucs, he averaged a pedestrian 3.8 ypc in those 3 games.

lastly, since week 4, Fred has 61 carries for 154 yards, a measly 2.5 ypc. Lynch, on the other hand, is averaging a whopping 3.1 yards himself.

My point being...Jackson has worse numbers against the same competition, and I love Fred as a change of pace back but I dont get the love affair that some people have for Fred.

Pinkerton Security
11-09-2009, 04:42 PM
LJ will be 30 in the next couple of weeks, and has some issues. I'll pass.
Some issues? Understatement of the century.

Crisis
11-09-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm not arguing you're overall point, i wouldn't trae Lynch at all, unless they can get a steal for him to help the line. While Jackson isn't getting any younger, at 30 years old, he doesn't have as many miles on his game as many 30 year old running backs.

My point is, i think you're totally incorrect about the you can draft a QB anywhere in the draft part. The Bills had been trying to fill the RB role. In 2005 we picked Lional Gates in the 7th round. In 2007, we pick Lynch 12th overall and Dwayne Wright in the 4th round. In 2008, we picked Xavier Omon in the 6th round.

Only one to work out in 4 year span, was the first round pick. I never considered much out of Gates, but I remember a lot of people said Wright would be the better pick between him and Lynch.... and Omon had a lot of expectations too dispite being a late round pick.

Lynch hasn't set the world on fire for a 12th overall pick either.

Ryan Grant (undrafted), Brandon Jacobs (4th round), Ahmad Bradshaw (7th round), Kevin Smith (3rd round), Pierre Thomas (undrafted), Michael Turner (5th round), Frank Gore (3rd round)....

Just some examples, good RBs are a dime a dozen. It has more to do with the offensive line than the running back in most cases, the only RBs I think that should be taken in the 1st round are the generational talents like Peterson and LT.

TacklingDummy
11-09-2009, 05:28 PM
And apparently Lynch has also made Jackson worse? Because Jackson's yards per carry is even worse than Lynch's. Coincidence? Or just that we actually had an almost healthy line.

-18 for 71 vs. NO

So other than his explosion against the Bucs, he averaged a pedestrian 3.8 ypc in those 3 games.

lastly, since week 4, Fred has 61 carries for 154 yards, a measly 2.5 ypc. Lynch, on the other hand, is averaging a whopping 3.1 yards himself.

My point being...Jackson has worse numbers against the same competition, and I love Fred as a change of pace back but I dont get the love affair that some people have for Fred.What's your excuses for Lynch taking 11 weeks last year to rush for 100 yards?

Night Train
11-09-2009, 05:43 PM
" Wait..I've HEARD of him ! "

Larry Johnson has been arrested 4, count 'em, FOUR freakin' times for assault.

He should move on to his next career as a bail bondsman.

jamze132
11-09-2009, 05:52 PM
While we're at it, lets trade for Drew Brees! Do it now OBD!!! And I mean right now!!!

Demon
11-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Lynch hasn't set the world on fire for a 12th overall pick either.

Ryan Grant (undrafted), Brandon Jacobs (4th round), Ahmad Bradshaw (7th round), Kevin Smith (3rd round), Pierre Thomas (undrafted), Michael Turner (5th round), Frank Gore (3rd round)....

Just some examples, good RBs are a dime a dozen. It has more to do with the offensive line than the running back in most cases, the only RBs I think that should be taken in the 1st round are the generational talents like Peterson and LT.

I understand. Any position will have it's late bloomers and draft day steals. My point was, the Bills tried to find one RB steal in 4 years and only came away with one good RB, the one they picked 12th overall. Their not as easy to come by as you made it out to seem.

Crisis
11-09-2009, 06:11 PM
I understand. Any position will have it's late bloomers and draft day steals. My point was, the Bills tried to find one RB steal in 4 years and only came away with one good RB, the one they picked 12th overall. Their not as easy to come by as you made it out to seem.
A good offensive line will make an average running back look great, and with more and more teams splitting carries between backs, the lines are more important than who's in the backfield.

Pinkerton Security
11-09-2009, 07:33 PM
What's your excuses for Lynch taking 11 weeks last year to rush for 100 yards?

I dont have an excuse, Lynch isnt THAT good. Its just that I think hes better than Jackson. What's your response to anything I wrote in my post whatsoever?

BillsWin
11-09-2009, 08:11 PM
This board has succumb to a nasty batch of idiocy as of late.

Demon
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
A good offensive line will make an average running back look great, and with more and more teams splitting carries between backs, the lines are more important than who's in the backfield.

Well yeah. That could be said about anything though. With a better offensive line it'd be much easier to get and develop a quarterback better.

SABURZFAN
11-10-2009, 08:21 AM
i say no to LJ. he's on the downside of his career. we already have a player like that now. his initials are TO.

justasportsfan
11-10-2009, 09:08 AM

I am starting to agree. However, the Ol was better at the first start of the season. I am not liking this RBC though.

As to the idea of the first post, bringing LJ is not gonna make us better so no thanks. Fix the OL .

mybills
11-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Never fix what's not broken. Leave our RB's out of any trade scenarios.

BlackMetalNinja
11-10-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm not even reading past the thread title... Do they make muzzles for keyboards?

Bert102176
11-10-2009, 09:19 AM
why would you want LJ do you wanna hear of another Bills player getting into trouble maybe another bar fight from him we have Lynch who gets into trouble every off season isn't that enough

kernowboy
11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
If we trade Lynch to someone like the Seahawks who have two R1, and get Denver's pick in the mid-20s, this could easily allow us to look at the possibility of doing a Falcons with a Ryan-Baker type move, sorting the two most important positions in the offence.

LTs have been commanding a premium whilst QBs have slid, but we should have 4 decent picks in the first two days for the new Head Coach.

Personally, I would go

R1 LT
R1 BPA unless a QB slid
R2 Best QB available
R3 LB or DL

As for RB, I think local boy James Starks will be available and would be a good signing on Day3 in R4 or below

Beastie Bills
11-10-2009, 12:16 PM

-18 for 71 vs. NO

My point being...Jackson has worse numbers against the same competition, and I love Fred as a change of pace back but I dont get the love affair that some people have for Fred.

Great post.

TacklingDummy
11-10-2009, 01:17 PM
What's your response to anything I wrote in my post whatsoever?Excuses.

LooneyBin
11-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Sure let's replace one rb who's had issues with another. Brilliant.