View Full Version : BUFFALO, NEW YORK

The last buffalo fan
11-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow! :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldcnqzoypgk&NR=1&feature=fvwp

I never have been there/here, but I will! :gobills:

Jan Reimers
11-09-2009, 03:35 PM
It's a city of great architecture, art galleries, theater, restaurants, and history. And it's making a real comeback.

ddaryl
11-09-2009, 03:36 PM
"where ideas go to die"

"but dreams are always high"

I don't know if that was such a great way to promote Buffalo in that tribute...

BertSquirtgum
11-09-2009, 04:17 PM
buffalo is one of the only places that have grown in this economy

DMBcrew36
11-09-2009, 04:50 PM
yawn

MassEffect218435
11-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I quite enjoyed the city of Buffalo during my visit a couple of years ago; though I can see how it might not be for everybody.

McBFLO
11-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I just moved away a little over a month ago and I already miss some things about it. I moved to Tampa Bay. And although the weather is great here, it's not home.

sdbillsfan2
11-09-2009, 08:30 PM
I just moved away a little over a month ago and I already miss some things about it. I moved to Tampa Bay. And although the weather is great here, it's not home.

It never will be pepperkorn.. I left after the blizzard in 77. Lived all over So Cal and Las Vegas. But Buffalo will always be home.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I moved 12 years ago and have missed it ever since

JD
11-09-2009, 11:21 PM
If I ever did move away, I would come back to raise my family here in a heartbeat.

Buffalo is making a comeback.. move home to see it happen.

www.buffalorising.com

casdhf
11-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Sorry, Folks. The future of Buffalo all hinges on UB2020, and that isn't going to happen. We're screwed.

MikeNC
11-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Let people say what they want about Buffalo, it's a great hometown city...My wife and I moved because of work, but it is still home...

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Sorry, Folks. The future of Buffalo all hinges on UB2020, and that isn't going to happen. We're screwed.
I just love that kind of attitude. I see no reason for it not to happen. What makes you think it isn't going to happen? UB has been getting better and better in all aspects. My brother is a alumni and even he can't believe how much better it has gotten since he went there. The promise of Buffalo does not rest on UB's shoulders alone. Technically it's not even Buffalo. It's morons like the people picketing a slaughter house that will kill Buffalo. What kind of dummy pickets a business going into the area? I don't care what kind of business it is, we need them.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-10-2009, 08:23 AM
buffalo is one of the only places that have grown in this economy

Yep along with Syracuse and Rochester but Buffalo has grown strong. Crazy to think that the recession was the best thing for the city.

casdhf
11-10-2009, 08:27 AM
I just love that kind of attitude. I see no reason for it not to happen. What makes you think it isn't going to happen? UB has been getting better and better in all aspects. My brother is a alumni and even he can't believe how much better it has gotten since he went there. The promise of Buffalo does not rest on UB's shoulders alone. Technically it's not even Buffalo. It's morons like the people picketing a slaughter house that will kill Buffalo. What kind of dummy pickets a business going into the area? I don't care what kind of business it is, we need them.I'm not saying that I don't want it. I'm saying that the state legislature will end up ****ing it up.

SABURZFAN
11-10-2009, 08:28 AM
i grew up in WNY and left 23 years ago. i moved back for my kids education and i can't wait until my youngest graduates. i'm ready to get the hell out of here. the taxes and the Winters suck balls.

DMBcrew36
11-10-2009, 08:36 AM
i grew up in WNY and left 23 years ago. i moved back for my kids education and i can't wait until my youngest graduates. i'm ready to get the hell out of here. the taxes and the Winters suck balls.

The taxes blow and so does the state government, but the Winter isn't too bad.

JD
11-10-2009, 11:01 AM
If NYC was made separate from the rest of the state, we would all be much better off. Plus, how big of a joke is it that NYC gets the power harnessed from Niagara Falls? Ridiculous.

JD
11-10-2009, 11:08 AM

It's ignorant to say Buffalo's future lies in the hands of UB. When was the last time you were downtown? It really is coming around. Patterson recently passed the Historic Preservation Rehabilitation Tax Credit which has caused a spur of purchases in the downtown area for extreme renovations. Talk to a business owner downtown, they'll tell you there hasn't been this much excitement in decades. Being a negative nancy does nothing but continue the typical Buffalo stereotype. Imagine if everyone had a positive outlook of the city.. telling all of their friends and family about life in the area.. I'm sure we would be much better off with some positive vibes.

DMBcrew36
11-10-2009, 11:23 AM
It's ignorant to say Buffalo's future lies in the hands of UB. When was the last time you were downtown? It really is coming around. Patterson recently passed the Historic Preservation Rehabilitation Tax Credit which has caused a spur of purchases in the downtown area for extreme renovations. Talk to a business owner downtown, they'll tell you there hasn't been this much excitement in decades. Being a negative nancy does nothing but continue the typical Buffalo stereotype. Imagine if everyone had a positive outlook of the city.. telling all of their friends and family about life in the area.. I'm sure we would be much better off with some positive vibes.

My father and I own a steel plant in the city... I don't know about this 'excitement' you speak of. It's just business as usual around here.

SABURZFAN
11-10-2009, 11:37 AM
The taxes blow and so does the state government, but the Winter isn't too bad.

it is when you hate snow.

bluerosekiller
11-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Blah.

That was a cliche ridden piece of utter nonsense IMO.

The state & local politicians are are always going to keep the area from reaching anywhere near it's potential.

Look at Brown. We voted him in as a chance at a new beginning & all we've gotten in return is scandal after scandal & more CRONYISM than ever.

DMBcrew36
11-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Blah.

That was a cliche ridden piece of utter nonsense IMO.

The state & local politicians are are always going to keep the area from reaching anywhere near it's potential.

Look at Brown. We voted him in as a chance at a new beginning & all we've gotten in return is scandal after scandal & more CRONYISM than ever.

And apparently no one wants the ****ty job of Buffalo mayor because he ran unopposed last Tuesday.

JD
11-10-2009, 11:54 AM
My father and I own a steel plant in the city... I don't know about this 'excitement' you speak of. It's just business as usual around here.
I was talking more about places like restaurants/bars etc.. with more people moving into the city, they're surely seeing the turnaround first hand.

DMBcrew36
11-10-2009, 11:56 AM
I was talking more about places like restaurants/bars etc.. with more people moving into the city, they're surely seeing the turnaround first hand.

I guess, but we do a lot of work around town. We did all the handrails around the Erie Canal site by the arena. You'll see they're all galvanized.

tampabay25690
11-10-2009, 06:42 PM
My wife and I moved to Tampa 7 years ago and love it here.
1 thing is Buffalo will always be home....We love to come home to visit..

McBFLO
11-10-2009, 06:52 PM
My wife and I moved to Tampa 7 years ago and love it here.
1 thing is Buffalo will always be home....We love to come home to visit..

Where's the best place in the area to go and watch a game? We're in the NE section of St Pete. We've been to O'Brien's in Brandon, and that was cool, but it's kind of a drive, about 45 mins or so.

HHURRICANE
11-10-2009, 06:54 PM

But you have a chance at a job that pays more than 30K.

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2009, 07:08 PM
i can't wait for snow. time to bring out the ole snowmobiles. my sister hates winter and all she does is complain. if you don't like it get the F out. i don't need to hear your ****. i love winter and i want to punch kevin o'connel in the face when he talks about january thaws.

DMBcrew36
11-10-2009, 07:23 PM
i can't wait for snow. time to bring out the ole snowmobiles. my sister hates winter and all she does is complain. if you don't like it get the F out. i don't need to hear your ****. i love winter and i want to punch kevin o'connel in the face when he talks about january thaws.

I hear ya, Winter also means hockey season. I really don't think our winters are all that bad, either.

DMBcrew36
11-10-2009, 07:25 PM
But you have a chance at a job that pays more than 30K.

Perhaps. Though for those of us with a higher education (Masters, MBA, PhD, etc), there are good jobs to be had in Buffalo. :geek:

Hopefully the population decline here can be reversed if greater opportunities are ever created for corporations. I find it pathetic that Erie County can't figure out that low corporate taxes and incentives for corporations are what attract big business. Even .01% higher tax is A LOT when you're talking about just $20 million. The fact is, Erie County may be one of the LEAST attractive places for corporations thanks to our dumbass politicans. Until someone with half a brain does something about taxes in Erie County and aggressively pursues corporations via incentives, things will remain in decline, because big business/corporations = jobs.

SABuffalo786
11-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Buffalo will continue to lose population for maybe another decade or two; bottom out and then start growing again. There's lots of great great things happening below the surface that people may not be tuned into.

It's easy to be cynical after the past 60 years but it IS turning around. I'm really excited to see what this place is like by the time I'm in my 40s/50s.

Billz_fan
11-10-2009, 09:44 PM

Good Luck, I just left Tampa Bay after 12 years. I was in Clearwater. I hope you fare better than I. I hated it there. Im in Mass now. Still 6 hours from home of Rochester but Im getting closer :D

G Wolly
11-11-2009, 11:45 AM
I know the kid who made the video. Knows everything to know about the city. It's perplexing.

DMBcrew36
11-11-2009, 11:56 AM
I know the kid who made the video. Knows everything to know about the city. It's perplexing.

wtf lol

The last buffalo fan
11-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Where Else Would You Rather Be?

DMBcrew36
11-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Where Else Would You Rather Be?

In a hot tub with a cold heady brew.

The last buffalo fan
11-11-2009, 01:45 PM
In a hot tub with a cold heady brew.

:beers: :gobills:

JD
11-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I guess, but we do a lot of work around town. We did all the handrails around the Erie Canal site by the arena. You'll see they're all galvanized.

Yeah very nice.. I was just down there taking pictures yesterday. Are you doing the rails by the HSBC tower too? I'm looking for some part-time work with school by the way.. :brush:

JD
11-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Perhaps. Though for those of us with a higher education (Masters, MBA, PhD, etc), there are good jobs to be had in Buffalo. :geek:

Hopefully the population decline here can be reversed if greater opportunities are ever created for corporations. I find it pathetic that Erie County can't figure out that low corporate taxes and incentives for corporations are what attract big business. Even .01% higher tax is A LOT when you're talking about just $20 million. The fact is, Erie County may be one of the LEAST attractive places for corporations thanks to our dumbass politicans. Until someone with half a brain does something about taxes in Erie County and aggressively pursues corporations via incentives, things will remain in decline, because big business/corporations = jobs.

I'd vote for ya! :peace:

JD
11-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Buffalo will continue to lose population for maybe another decade or two; bottom out and then start growing again. There's lots of great great things happening below the surface that people may not be tuned into.

It's easy to be cynical after the past 60 years but it IS turning around. I'm really excited to see what this place is like by the time I'm in my 40s/50s.

I give it 5 years.

Demon
11-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Good Luck, I just left Tampa Bay after 12 years. I was in Clearwater. I hope you fare better than I. I hated it there. Im in Mass now. Still 6 hours from home of Rochester but Im getting closer :D

Speaking of dead beat cities, you're as close to Rochester as you need to be. Don't come any closer. We are the mistake by the lake.

Btw, i'm in Penfield.

G Wolly
11-12-2009, 05:08 PM
wtf lol

Yea...?

I know him personally. Aside from getting the slug tattooed on himself he knows alot about the Bills, Sabres, and the history of the city.