PDA

View Full Version : Scott’s return could glue Bills’ D back together

patmoran2006
11-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Scott has only played in part of three games this season. He got hurt mid-way through the Bills’ Week 3 loss to undefeated New Orleans, meaning he’s been available to Perry Fewell for roughly ten quarters this season. In those ten quarters, Buffalo surrendered 219 rushing yards to New England (the NFL’s No. 16-ranked rush offense), Tampa Bay (No. 25, thanks to a lot of late-game passing) and New Orleans (No. 5). Since his departure from the lineup, the Bills have surrendered 1,170 rushing yards in 22 quarters. That stat jumps from 22 yards per quarter to 53 yards per quarter with Scott out of the lineup.

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/11/scotts-return-could-glue-bills-d-back-together/)

justasportsfan
11-10-2009, 09:15 AM
I don't think Scott is all that and isn't the reason why we gave up all those yards.

madness
11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
As usual, Brian is on point. The run defense was a lot better when Fewell was able to run his three safety package. With the emergence of Byrd and a healthy Scott and Whitner, it looks even better.

bigbub2352
11-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Scott is a better SS than Whitner anything that keeps his media hyped injury prone bust ass off the feild is fine with me
Teams really got to be scared of a D that regularly puts 3 safties on the feild that is so intimidating and hard to run against, oh yeah they gave up 1000 yds rushing in 5 games, LOL nice D Fewell
THis article does nothing but try and give you a shred of hope for these doomed losers

patmoran2006
11-10-2009, 10:47 AM
I love scott I think he brings a lot to the team, including being by far the best on the team at covering TE's

BuffaloBlitz83
11-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Scott isn't better than Whitner lol. Byrd is the best Safety on team for sure. Scott is a good rotational safety that gets to start in Buffalo.

bigbub2352
11-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Scott isn't better than Whitner lol. Byrd is the best Safety on team for sure. Scott is a good rotational safety that gets to start in Buffalo.
Why?
what has whitner done to give him a free pass to riding the pine?

BuffaloBlitz83
11-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Why?
what has whitner done to give him a free pass to riding the pine?

He has been a disappointment as a first round pick. I agree. But Buffalo stretched to take him. Nobody even had him ranked in top 20 players. He had a 2nd round grade maybe late first. NOT 8th. Regardless about that. He is a good tackler, not a ball hawk. He is a worthy starter in this league. If Buffalo cut him, he's get picked up and start elsewhere. Mr. Scott not so much. He isn't starter worthy. He is not a better safety. I'm happy to see Whitner and Byrd starting.

I'm actually not too sure that McKelvin is a better CB than Drayton Florence. It is something, they can decide next year.

bigbub2352
11-10-2009, 01:00 PM
He has been a disappointment as a first round pick. I agree. But Buffalo stretched to take him. Nobody even had him ranked in top 20 players. He had a 2nd round grade maybe late first. NOT 8th. Regardless about that. He is a good tackler, not a ball hawk. He is a worthy starter in this league. If Buffalo cut him, he's get picked up and start elsewhere. Mr. Scott not so much. He isn't starter worthy. He is not a better safety. I'm happy to see Whitner and Byrd starting.

I'm actually not too sure that McKelvin is a better CB than Drayton Florence. It is something, they can decide next year.

Good Points
I absolutly hated both picks of Whitner and McKelvin
I disagree with you that whitner is a good tackler, part of the reason he had shoulder problems last yr was cause of how poor of a tackler he is, he tackles with his arms and doesnt body up also he is an extreme liability over the top on deep routes cause of his poor instincts for the football
I agree Scott is not top flight but because of our LBers being so bad and injury riddled he is a much better fit right now on the feild than whitner cause of his ability to stop the run and cover TE's and Rb's out of the backfeild

I agree if the Bills cut Whitner he would get picked up right away partially because of were he drafted him, partially because the league probably thinks he wasted his talents here cause of horrible coaches and schemes, (they may be right )and partially cause he is probably best suited to be a CB in this league not a SS or FS
I also agree about the horrible reach for him

i hate to burst bubbles on the board about McKelvin but he had 1 good game so far in a Bills uniform as a CB and that was againt Thigpen and the Cheifs. He shows a ton of promise as a kickreturner but needs to read the book Football 101, assuming he can read other than that he is far form shut down and gave up 4 Tds already this yr before going on IR

Hence why you never take DBs in the top 15 unless they are Ed Reed or Troy Palumalu shore up the lines u can grab DBs all day in the draft prime example Corner and Lankster

I think Whitner is horrible and Scott gives us a better chance to win with this Scheme and D in my opinion
and no way does Byrd come out

Forward_Lateral
11-10-2009, 01:11 PM
As usual, Brian is on point. The run defense was a lot better when Fewell was able to run his three safety package. With the emergence of Byrd and a healthy Scott and Whitner, it looks even better.

If Buffalo's LBs didn't suck so badly, they wouldn't have to have 3 safeties on the field at once.

Griff
11-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I hope not, Chris Johnson is on my fantasy team and I'm in a three way battle for first.