X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Interesting "Vick" comments from our players

Bills safety Donte Whitner didn't conceal his excitement over the possibility.
    "I believe that Michael Vick would be a good fit, and I would encourage whoever to bring Michael Vick in," Whitner said.

"It's really out of my control," Edwards said Monday. "I feel like we've got guys upstairs working those personnel moves, and if they feel like that's going to be the best fit for this team, and they feel like that's going to help us win football games, I'm sure they're going to do that without my opinion on it."

The Bills went into the bye week with plenty of questions. They emerged Monday with another they couldn't have foreseen. Would Michael Vick be a fit?

ESPN article

I scense decention in the team!
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Interesting "Vick" comments from our players

Trent's right.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

we know trent is smart, its playing the Qb position we aint so sure about

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

I wish Whitner would shut his face.That guy should be barred from speaking with the media
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
          I wish Whitner would shut his face.That guy should be barred from speaking with the media
          Good qb's who can throw make Whitner look like an idiot. Since Vick is one of the least accurate passers, he would make Whitner look good vs. the pass during practice.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
            Dude seriously i couldnt have said it better myself
            Whitner how about u worry about what SS we are bringing in next yr to replace ur ass
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

If Byrd hasn't humbled his loud mouth what will?
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                We play to win the game!
                • Oct 2009

I see Vick as a no brainer, won't cost much. Low risk, high reward move. Draft a QB, Let Vick-Edwards fight it out in camp. Vick will 90% likely win. Vick-Edwards-Rookie QB as our Depth. After that year decide if Vick worked out, if it does release Edwards as he'd be a free agent the following year. The rookie would back up Vick.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

I would bet that when Vick is on the field, the other players know who the leader is.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by yordad
                    I would bet that when Vick is on the field, the other players know who the leader is.
                    Only if Vick can still run, otherwise he is just an inaccurate journey man QB at best.

The Bills need an accurate strong armed passer who can make quick decisions. Is that too much to ask? ; )

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by EDS
                      Only if Vick can still run, otherwise he is just an inaccurate journey man QB at best.

The Bills need an accurate strong armed passer who can make quick decisions. Is that too much to ask? ; )
                      I think it is too much to ask. There aren't a whole lot of proven upgrades available. And, even if he is an inaccurate journey man QB at best, he would still be in charge out there, making him an automatic upgrade over the inaccurate, scared QBs we have now.

I never said he would be a pro bowler (although I'm not saying otherwise either), I am just saying he has the Moxie we need in a QB.
                      Last edited by yordad; 11-10-2009, 02:11 PM.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

Whitner is terrible on the field and when talking.

We just watched a rookie more than double his career INT totals this season.

Whitner is a joke, a bust, and a moron.

He has said on Twitter he would want Ted Ginn Jr on the team too if Miami didn't want him. Um, no thanks.

D & S Sports

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                          We play to win the game!
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          Whitner is terrible on the field and when talking.

We just watched a rookie more than double his career INT totals this season.

Whitner is a joke, a bust, and a moron.

He has said on Twitter he would want Ted Ginn Jr on the team too if Miami didn't want him. Um, no thanks.
                          Ginn Jr., is a dynamic returner. As a returner. Mckelvin-Ginn choose your poison. Not as a receiver. Ginn is better than Roscoe. Parrish is a liability.

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                            Ginn Jr., is a dynamic returner. As a returner. Mckelvin-Ginn choose your poison. Not as a receiver. Ginn is better than Roscoe. Parrish is a liability.
                            The Bills have a lot more holes to fill before they worry about a dynamic returner.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DrGraves
                              • Mar 2008

I hope whitner doesn't make the roster next year. this guy is a dumbass.

Comment

Working...
                              X