PDA

View Full Version : Interesting "Vick" comments from our players

jpdex12
11-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Bills safety Donte Whitner (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9594) didn't conceal his excitement over the possibility.
"I believe that Michael Vick would be a good fit, and I would encourage whoever to bring Michael Vick in," Whitner said.

"It's really out of my control," Edwards said Monday. "I feel like we've got guys upstairs working those personnel moves, and if they feel like that's going to be the best fit for this team, and they feel like that's going to help us win football games, I'm sure they're going to do that without my opinion on it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4637883
ESPN article

I scense decention in the team!

mybills
11-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Trent's right.

Jaybird
11-10-2009, 12:33 PM
we know trent is smart, its playing the Qb position we aint so sure about

The King
11-10-2009, 12:33 PM
I wish Whitner would shut his face.That guy should be barred from speaking with the media

justasportsfan
11-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I wish Whitner would shut his face.That guy should be barred from speaking with the media

Good qb's who can throw make Whitner look like an idiot. Since Vick is one of the least accurate passers, he would make Whitner look good vs. the pass during practice.

bigbub2352
11-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Dude seriously i couldnt have said it better myself
Whitner how about u worry about what SS we are bringing in next yr to replace ur ass

The King
11-10-2009, 01:22 PM
If Byrd hasn't humbled his loud mouth what will?

BuffaloBlitz83
11-10-2009, 01:23 PM
I see Vick as a no brainer, won't cost much. Low risk, high reward move. Draft a QB, Let Vick-Edwards fight it out in camp. Vick will 90% likely win. Vick-Edwards-Rookie QB as our Depth. After that year decide if Vick worked out, if it does release Edwards as he'd be a free agent the following year. The rookie would back up Vick.

yordad
11-10-2009, 01:35 PM
I would bet that when Vick is on the field, the other players know who the leader is.

EDS
11-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I would bet that when Vick is on the field, the other players know who the leader is.

Only if Vick can still run, otherwise he is just an inaccurate journey man QB at best.

The Bills need an accurate strong armed passer who can make quick decisions. Is that too much to ask? ; )

yordad
11-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Only if Vick can still run, otherwise he is just an inaccurate journey man QB at best.

The Bills need an accurate strong armed passer who can make quick decisions. Is that too much to ask? ; ) I think it is too much to ask. There aren't a whole lot of proven upgrades available. And, even if he is an inaccurate journey man QB at best, he would still be in charge out there, making him an automatic upgrade over the inaccurate, scared QBs we have now.

I never said he would be a pro bowler (although I'm not saying otherwise either), I am just saying he has the Moxie we need in a QB.

RockStar36
11-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Whitner is terrible on the field and when talking.

We just watched a rookie more than double his career INT totals this season.

Whitner is a joke, a bust, and a moron.

He has said on Twitter he would want Ted Ginn Jr on the team too if Miami didn't want him. Um, no thanks.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-10-2009, 02:48 PM

He has said on Twitter he would want Ted Ginn Jr on the team too if Miami didn't want him. Um, no thanks.

Ginn Jr., is a dynamic returner. As a returner. Mckelvin-Ginn choose your poison. Not as a receiver. Ginn is better than Roscoe. Parrish is a liability.

RockStar36
11-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Ginn Jr., is a dynamic returner. As a returner. Mckelvin-Ginn choose your poison. Not as a receiver. Ginn is better than Roscoe. Parrish is a liability.

The Bills have a lot more holes to fill before they worry about a dynamic returner.

DrGraves
11-10-2009, 02:50 PM
I hope whitner doesn't make the roster next year. this guy is a dumbass.

EDS
11-10-2009, 02:53 PM
I think it is too much to ask. There aren't a whole lot of proven upgrades available. And, even if he is an inaccurate journey man QB at best, he would still be in charge out there, making him an automatic upgrade over the inaccurate, scared QBs we have now.

I never said he would be a pro bowler (although I'm not saying otherwise either), I am just saying he has the Moxie we need in a QB.

I agree that the team's options are limited. I would just prefer they go a different direction.

If I were in charge, I would probably sign a David Carr type and then draft someone in the second/third round. Most likely, both those moves don't amount to much so I would need to revisit again the following season, with the hope that by then the o-line is at leas solidified.

yordad
11-10-2009, 03:34 PM
I agree that the team's options are limited. I would just prefer they go a different direction.

If I were in charge, I would probably sign a David Carr type and then draft someone in the second/third round. Most likely, both those moves don't amount to much so I would need to revisit again the following season, with the hope that by then the o-line is at leas solidified.No matter how you slice it, I believe the Bills need to go after whichever QB in this draft they think has the brightest future.

ddaryl
11-10-2009, 03:37 PM
I really thought once Vick signed with Philly these types of discussions would be forever gone

:sigh:

DynaPaul
11-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey, let's bring in Rae Carruth too.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-10-2009, 04:20 PM
David Carr???? Do you remember what happened to David Carr the last time he played behind a bad OL? Look at his time in Houston. He never got to start after that. He could succeed behind a top OL, but this line is a work in progress. It is a warzone.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Philly will trade Vick in offseason. But I doubt, they get more than 4th or 5th. Maybe just for a player. Roscoe for Vick. Get it done!

kernowboy
11-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Kyle Boller will be available and might be worth looking at in any mix if only as a caretaker until the draft pick comes good

trapezeus
11-10-2009, 05:24 PM
roscoe has no trade value....he is maxim afinogenov. everyone talked about trading max last year at the deadline for like a 3rd....no one wanted him for the money he made.

same is true for roscoe. adding roscoe to a deal doesn't make the deal any better. he'll be released and signed for a much smaller contract. perhaps a contract that is like him, small and ineffective.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Kyle Boller will be available and might be worth looking at in any mix if only as a caretaker until the draft pick comes good

Oh boy, why don't we call Culpepper too. Or Billy Vollek or todd Collins. SARCASM. Get Vick and draft a QB.

yordad
11-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Philly will trade Vick in offseason. But I doubt, they get more than 4th or 5th. Maybe just for a player. Roscoe for Vick. Get it done!He will be cut.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-10-2009, 08:04 PM
He will be cut.

I don't think so. Why would they cut him? There will be teams interested in trading for him.

Demon
11-10-2009, 11:14 PM

Who cares how many picks Whitner has? He has never been a "ball hawk". In college, he wasn't exactly lighting the place on fire with INT's either. There are more then 1 type of safety. Whitner is a good player if you understand his role.

Lexwhat
11-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Philly will trade Vick in offseason. But I doubt, they get more than 4th or 5th. Maybe just for a player. Roscoe for Vick. Get it done!

The only way the Eagles can "trade" Vick next year is if he is under contract.

And the only way he can be under contract is if the Eagles pick up the team option of $5.4 million.

Vick is doing absolutely nothing for the Eagles. They won't pick up the team option, and no team is going to trade for Vick anyways at that salary.

Vick will be a Free Agent after this season (when the Eagles decline the option), and will sign with some "sorry" team. According to Tony Dungy, it could be the Bills.

Lexwhat
11-11-2009, 12:25 AM
I don't think so. Why would they cut him? There will be teams interested in trading for him.

See above.

LooneyBin
11-11-2009, 09:40 AM
What else can you expect from whitner.

Jan Reimers
11-11-2009, 01:17 PM
For those of you supporting the addition of Vick: Haven't you had enough of mediocrity? And after 10 years of losing, wouldn't you rather see a young guy on the field - a guy who would at least have a chance to be our QB of the future - rather than a has-been wasting another year or two of our time?

BuffaloBlitz83
11-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Mike Vick was a career 38-28-1 as a starter on awful teams. The one season he was injured the starter went 3-13. Mike Vick wins games, period.

RockStar36
11-11-2009, 03:12 PM

That is almost the most ridiculous thing I've read today.

Luckily most people have already told you why below so I won't have to elaborate on it.

HHURRICANE
11-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I am 100% sure that Vick cannot beat Edwards out in camp.

Demon
11-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Mike Vick was a career 38-28-1 as a starter on awful teams. The one season he was injured the starter went 3-13. Mike Vick wins games, period.

I'm with you on wanting Vick in Buffalo, but i wouldn't go around calling him a winner and that Vick "wins games". Vick WON games. Nobody knows what type of QB he'll be once he is a starter again at age 31.

The Natrix
11-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Screw Vick. I wouldn't want him on the Bills even if he was playing for free.

Jan Reimers
11-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Awful teams? Warrick Dunn, T.J Duckett, Alge Crumpler, Allen Rossum, DeAngelo Hall, Patrick Kerney, and Keith Brooking. And several wide receivers, including Roddy White and Brian Finneran, who suffered mightily under a scatter-armed QB.

Typ0
11-12-2009, 08:34 PM
actually, I think MV was a pretty decent guy to have on the field at QB when he was playing. And when he was looking to reenter the league he was basically all that was available that might upgrade that crappy position for us. But now, I think there must be better options.