X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Edwards will be in the mix for 2010

Just a thought no way will the Bills cut Edwards next year.. I think no matter who the coach is he will be a Bill in 2010.

The only way he leaves next season is via trade. With a really low salary of 550K he is a cheap back up. Should the Bills bring in a Vet or Draft a Guy high to be the Qb of the future.

I would Cut Fitzpatrick who at 2.3 mill is a joke..Then Draft a Guy in the Early rounds. While also finding a Vet to take the reins for a couple of seasons...The Fitzpatrick signing was bad one to begin with..

Simple economics even with a non salary cap year looming

Bmax
  • Dr. Pepper
    • Apr 2008

Re: Edwards will be in the mix for 2010

absolutely. cut fitz, leave trent in as the starter at the beginning of the season, and as soon as his play starts to fall apart, colt mccoy comes in and takes over.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

Mike Vick-Trent Edwards-Tony Pike 2010 QB Depth Chart... Let vick and edwards compete for job in camp.

Vick-Pike in 2011... if Vick deserves to start over the kid

Comment

• Demon
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Pepper
        absolutely. cut fitz, leave trent in as the starter at the beginning of the season, and as soon as his play starts to fall apart, colt mccoy comes in and takes over.
        If they draft McCoy, i think they can land some type of veteran to play ahead of him.
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

They would cut him if his concussions continue to happen and they are afraid to play him. Otherwise, I agree he will be on the team and competing for the starting job. I just hope he's competing with a guy who has actually proven he can play in the NFL recently not some guy like Vick who we have no idea about right now or a rookie.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Edwards will be the starter in 2010. No doubt in my mind. I think it's funny watching everyone getting all worked up over the QB position.

If the Bills draft a QB it will be another Edwards type in 2nd or 3rd round and I highly doubt he would beat Edwards in camp.

I also see no chance in hell that Vick ends up here, unless of course, we use it as yet another way too entice fans to buy tickets.

If the fans haven't learned their lesson from the Owens experiment than shame on them.

Maybe the fans should buy tickets when their is a real offensive and defensive line.
            Last edited by HHURRICANE; 11-11-2009, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

The Bills need to use the rest of the season to see what, if anything Edwards can do on the field.

They also need to continue to develop and evaluate these young lineman. There is no way they can go into next season (again) with four question marks on the offensive line. Realistically, whomever in the coaching staff and front office was involved in the decision to go with so many inexperienced players on the offensive line should be fired.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EDS
                Realistically, whomever in the coaching staff and front office was involved in the decision to go with so many inexperienced players on the offensive line should be fired.

How do you fire the owner?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

Edwards will still be here but as the 2nd QB and riding the pine.

Comment

• BillsWin
                    man amongst boys
                    • Oct 2008

I've said for a while that Trent would make an excellent backup, but I needed to see consistency before I thought he was the future starter.

I have always hoped he would succeed, but he doesn't have that "it" factor.
                    I am The Batman.

Comment

• DrGraves
                      • Mar 2008

i dont want no big east crap qb's on this team. we already have a crappy pac 10 qb... get someone from a winning conference like the sec or big 12

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                        Mike Vick-Trent Edwards-Tony Pike 2010 QB Depth Chart... Let vick and edwards compete for job in camp.

Vick-Pike in 2011... if Vick deserves to start over the kid
                        can we find a qb that can actually throw?
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by EDS
                          The Bills need to use the rest of the season to see what, if anything Edwards can do on the field.

They also need to continue to develop and evaluate these young lineman. There is no way they can go into next season (again) with four question marks on the offensive line. Realistically, whomever in the coaching staff and front office was involved in the decision to go with so many inexperienced players on the offensive line should be fired.
                          Didn't we do all of that last season? And the season before?

Groundhogs are running rampant at OBD...

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

The first step is a new head coach. And a new HC may not want any controversy... only his guy, who may be a rookie or newly signed vet.

At that point, Trent may be out to prevent controversy.

To me, Id rather keep him for his last year, why not.
                            Last edited by X-Era; 11-12-2009, 05:51 AM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

I'll say it again. Barring a complete implosion during the last half of this season there is an extremely good chance that Edwards will begin next season as the starter.
                              Last edited by HHURRICANE; 11-12-2009, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X