PDA

View Full Version : Edwards will be in the mix for 2010

Bmax
11-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Just a thought no way will the Bills cut Edwards next year.. I think no matter who the coach is he will be a Bill in 2010.

The only way he leaves next season is via trade. With a really low salary of 550K he is a cheap back up. Should the Bills bring in a Vet or Draft a Guy high to be the Qb of the future.

I would Cut Fitzpatrick who at 2.3 mill is a joke..Then Draft a Guy in the Early rounds. While also finding a Vet to take the reins for a couple of seasons...The Fitzpatrick signing was bad one to begin with..

Simple economics even with a non salary cap year looming

Bmax

Dr. Pepper
11-11-2009, 11:50 AM
absolutely. cut fitz, leave trent in as the starter at the beginning of the season, and as soon as his play starts to fall apart, colt mccoy comes in and takes over.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Mike Vick-Trent Edwards-Tony Pike 2010 QB Depth Chart... Let vick and edwards compete for job in camp.

Vick-Pike in 2011... if Vick deserves to start over the kid

Demon
11-11-2009, 12:14 PM
absolutely. cut fitz, leave trent in as the starter at the beginning of the season, and as soon as his play starts to fall apart, colt mccoy comes in and takes over.

If they draft McCoy, i think they can land some type of veteran to play ahead of him.

Typ0
11-11-2009, 12:20 PM
They would cut him if his concussions continue to happen and they are afraid to play him. Otherwise, I agree he will be on the team and competing for the starting job. I just hope he's competing with a guy who has actually proven he can play in the NFL recently not some guy like Vick who we have no idea about right now or a rookie.

HHURRICANE
11-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Edwards will be the starter in 2010. No doubt in my mind. I think it's funny watching everyone getting all worked up over the QB position.

If the Bills draft a QB it will be another Edwards type in 2nd or 3rd round and I highly doubt he would beat Edwards in camp.

I also see no chance in hell that Vick ends up here, unless of course, we use it as yet another way too entice fans to buy tickets.

If the fans haven't learned their lesson from the Owens experiment than shame on them.

Maybe the fans should buy tickets when their is a real offensive and defensive line.

EDS
11-11-2009, 03:10 PM
The Bills need to use the rest of the season to see what, if anything Edwards can do on the field.

They also need to continue to develop and evaluate these young lineman. There is no way they can go into next season (again) with four question marks on the offensive line. Realistically, whomever in the coaching staff and front office was involved in the decision to go with so many inexperienced players on the offensive line should be fired.

HHURRICANE
11-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Realistically, whomever in the coaching staff and front office was involved in the decision to go with so many inexperienced players on the offensive line should be fired.

How do you fire the owner?

SquishDaFish
11-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Edwards will still be here but as the 2nd QB and riding the pine.

BillsWin
11-11-2009, 04:32 PM
I've said for a while that Trent would make an excellent backup, but I needed to see consistency before I thought he was the future starter.

I have always hoped he would succeed, but he doesn't have that "it" factor.

DrGraves
11-11-2009, 05:27 PM
i dont want no big east crap qb's on this team. we already have a crappy pac 10 qb... get someone from a winning conference like the sec or big 12

justasportsfan
11-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Mike Vick-Trent Edwards-Tony Pike 2010 QB Depth Chart... Let vick and edwards compete for job in camp.

Vick-Pike in 2011... if Vick deserves to start over the kid
can we find a qb that can actually throw?

jamze132
11-12-2009, 12:59 AM
The Bills need to use the rest of the season to see what, if anything Edwards can do on the field.

They also need to continue to develop and evaluate these young lineman. There is no way they can go into next season (again) with four question marks on the offensive line. Realistically, whomever in the coaching staff and front office was involved in the decision to go with so many inexperienced players on the offensive line should be fired.
Didn't we do all of that last season? And the season before?

Groundhogs are running rampant at OBD...

X-Era
11-12-2009, 05:50 AM
The first step is a new head coach. And a new HC may not want any controversy... only his guy, who may be a rookie or newly signed vet.

At that point, Trent may be out to prevent controversy.

To me, Id rather keep him for his last year, why not.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2009, 08:20 AM
I'll say it again. Barring a complete implosion during the last half of this season there is an extremely good chance that Edwards will begin next season as the starter.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Of course he's in the mix. Right now all they have for options behind him suck.

MassEffect218435
11-12-2009, 10:29 AM
As he should be, it would be unrealistic to expect a rookie to step in from day one and take over. Granted it has happened in the past with great success, but the chances of it working out are not in your favor.

justasportsfan
11-12-2009, 10:35 AM
He should be in the mix.

trapezeus
11-12-2009, 01:06 PM
especially on this team. for a rookie to step in and be awesome you'd need:

1. a front office to find the right pick (which we won't)
2. a QB coach who knows how to coach the kid (which we don't have)
3. an OC who can open up a play book to keep defenses honest, but simple enough for a rookie to comprehend (which we haven't yet)
4. a head coach who actually wants to win now and knows how to identify talent already on his roster and how to get the most out of each player (which we haven't had in god knows how many years)
5. a QB that can rise to the occassion and win a couple games on his own accord but also knows when to play a smart "take what they give me game". (still looking for that as well)

Edwards is in the cheapest part of his contract next year, no way the bills don't keep him for insurance or to start at a basement price.

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2009, 01:11 PM
After all the crap he talked, after the way he sulked in interviews and on the bench, I really don't want him here. I'd like to see him get traded, JP Losman handled himself with more CLASS than Edwards did.

justasportsfan
11-12-2009, 01:14 PM
what crap did TE talk?

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2009, 02:05 PM
what crap did TE talk?

"I'm not a Bills fan, I'm just a quarterback."

GTFO here Trent!

justasportsfan
11-12-2009, 02:11 PM
"I'm not a Bills fan, I'm just a quarterback."

GTFO here Trent!
gotcha

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2009, 02:38 PM
gotcha

Maybe we could do a player for player trade with Washington for one of their young struggling receivers.

justasportsfan
11-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Maybe we could do a player for player trade with Washington for one of their young struggling receivers.

wouldn't matter as long as Dick is the coach. Until we get someone in here who knows offense, we're not going anywhere.

trapezeus
11-12-2009, 03:25 PM
did anyone watch the bulls play on tuesday? their offense was about 100% more entertaining than the joke that is bills football. they still managed to break your heart like a proper buffalo team, but at least it was entertaining, at least they gave it their all when they were down 21-7.

I think Zach Maynard looked more like a professional quarterback than any of our professional qb's the last 12 years.

TigerJ
11-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Just a thought no way will the Bills cut Edwards next year.. I think no matter who the coach is he will be a Bill in 2010.

The only way he leaves next season is via trade. With a really low salary of 550K he is a cheap back up. Should the Bills bring in a Vet or Draft a Guy high to be the Qb of the future.

I would Cut Fitzpatrick who at 2.3 mill is a joke..Then Draft a Guy in the Early rounds. While also finding a Vet to take the reins for a couple of seasons...The Fitzpatrick signing was bad one to begin with..

Simple economics even with a non salary cap year looming

BmaxAbsolutely!

There are a lot of things that are hard to predict, but it's probably the Bills will have a new head coach, and probably that the new head coach will want to spend a fairly high draft pick on a QB. Still, there's no reason that an incoming coach would cut or trade Trent sight unseen. Even though I question whether he has the psychological makeup to be able to succeed in the NFL, there is no question he has some skills. Any head coach they hire would want to take a crack at trying to fix his psyche.

Typ0
11-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Absolutely!

There are a lot of things that are hard to predict, but it's probably the Bills will have a new head coach, and probably that the new head coach will want to spend a fairly high draft pick on a QB. Still, there's no reason that an incoming coach would cut or trade Trent sight unseen. Even though I question whether he has the psychological makeup to be able to succeed in the NFL, there is no question he has some skills. Any head coach they hire would want to take a crack at trying to fix his psyche.

The only prediction I'm confident in making is we'll either have the same idiot coaches here next season or a whole new staff of idiot coaches...