PDA

View Full Version : Just a heads up

FlyingDutchman
11-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Ive been involved in some threads lately talking about possible QBs coming out next year, and I just wanted to give you all a heads up that one QB that has been discussed will be on TV tonight. Dan Lefevour of Central Michigan will be playing Toledo. As Ive stated before, I think hes a solid QB, however he plays against complete crap defenses. I just wanted to give you guys a chance to watch and make an opinion for yourselves. Youll notice, hes pretty accurate and good at running the ball, but its just so hard to judge when hes playing tomato cans. Check it him out tonight. Go Bills

Yasgur's Farm
11-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Looking forward to it.

jamesiscool
11-11-2009, 04:00 PM
what time/channel? too lazy to look myself.

FlyingDutchman
11-11-2009, 05:12 PM
what time/channel? too lazy to look myself.

8:00 on ESPN2

BillsWin
11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Not a first round franchise type, but he is an interesting prospect.

Demon
11-11-2009, 05:20 PM
I'll pass since the Sabres are on. lol

FlyingDutchman
11-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Not a first round franchise type, but he is an interesting prospect.

yeah i dont know what to make of the kid. Hes athletic and can run, he seems to have a decent arm, i just have a tough time saying he'll amount to much after the college level. Nate Davis had an amazing year last year and I dont even think hes on an NFL team now....

k-oneputt
11-11-2009, 05:41 PM
There were actually people on this site who wanted to draft Davis on day one. That would have been a typical Bills move.

FlyingDutchman
11-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I'll pass since the Sabres are on. lol

yeah i live in Charlotte so i cant watch the sabres, so im forced to watch bush league college football. The QB for Toledo (Opelt) actually isnt that bad either, but Toledo throws 90% of the time so his stats are inflated. Its kinda fun watching teams from this conference just march up and down the field on each other....

FlyingDutchman
11-11-2009, 05:45 PM
There were actually people on this site who wanted to draft Davis on day one. That would have been a typical Bills move.

yeah his true colors started showing through towards the end of the year last year. he was extremely turnover prone, and basically cost Ball state the coference championship when he turned the ball over to Buffalo numerous times, as well as in the Bowl game when a weak Tulsa defense made him look foolish

X-Era
11-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Heres my thoughts on him so far:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=174140

FlyingDutchman
11-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Heres my thoughts on him so far:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=174140

good write up, pretty much feel the same way. im concerned over his size a little as well. His ability to run the ball makes him seem a lot better than he is in my opinion, and that wont translate to the NFL

FlyingDutchman
11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Ray Bentley is annoucning the game....

side note: go sabres

Demon
11-11-2009, 07:44 PM
How's the kid doing? Sabres getting outplayed badly but Miller is standing on his head. 2-1 Sabres after 2.

FlyingDutchman
11-11-2009, 07:52 PM
hes playing pretty good. his first drive he went down the field and managed to hit someone for about a 30 yard TD pass that is more attributed to piss poor defense. He managed to do well on his second drive but was aided by some defensive penalties. He just had a rushing TD as i was writing this from about 4 yards out. He looks pretty accurate so far. Both teams are just going up and down the field on each other

FlyingDutchman
11-11-2009, 08:06 PM
another rushing TD from about 2 yards out (QB sneak)...however he had an impressive throw on 3rd and long in which he went through his progressions and then threw a beautiful ball...hes starting to grow on me more, but these defenses are just a joke

Ground Chuck
11-11-2009, 08:47 PM
The kid is a great leader and has guts, but I don't think he has an NFL arm.

DraftBoy
11-11-2009, 09:11 PM
yeah i dont know what to make of the kid. Hes athletic and can run, he seems to have a decent arm, i just have a tough time saying he'll amount to much after the college level. Nate Davis had an amazing year last year and I dont even think hes on an NFL team now....

Nate Davis is the 3rd QB on San Francisco.

FlyingDutchman
11-11-2009, 09:23 PM
thanks DB. Lefevour is putting on a show right now. 4 rushing TDs and 2 passing and its only mid 3rd quarter

DraftBoy
11-11-2009, 09:26 PM
thanks DB. Lefevour is putting on a show right now. 4 rushing TDs and 2 passing and its only mid 3rd quarter

He's having a very good game so far. 23/3 250 yards, 1 TD. Ill take that all day long from a QB.

He won't be in much longer though if Central Michigan scores here.