• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Footballs Future Mock Draft

11. Buffalo - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.
    The T.O. experiment will not last past this season. There will still be a hole opposite Lee Evans, and it’s something the Bills have to fill immediately. The team also needs offensive line help, but reaching for one here and passing on the best player available at a high need position would be a mistake.
    If he is there at 11, he is an absolute STEAL!
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Footballs Future Mock Draft

If they waste another first round pick on a WR, I'll be pissed. Look at the Lions. They drafted the top WR 3 years straight, but without an O-line that can protect, and a QB that can throw them the ball, they are useless.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Do NOOOOT want a WR.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
        • Apr 2009

He would instantly be the most talent player that Buffalo has had in nearly a decade. But I can't imagine he makes it all the way to 11, that would be an AMAZING steal.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
          • Feb 2009

Drafting a WR would be the dumbest thing possible. We need a tackle, offensive or defensive first. The only other player I would take is if a qb slip to us, but that wont happen.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
            • Jan 2006

Normally agree with your posts and appreciate your knowledge, and I may be misreading your suggestion here. But under no circumstances should we draft a WR with our first pick. O-Line, QB, LB, D-Line are much bigger priorities.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by NorthCarBills
              Normally agree with your posts and appreciate your knowledge, and I may be misreading your suggestion here. But under no circumstances should we draft a WR with our first pick. O-Line, QB, LB, D-Line are much bigger priorities.
              Of course, but we're just commenting on the mock draft. But if you are going on best player available I can't imagine that there would be a better player than Bryant available.

By the way, there is a misconception that you have to draft OL early, that simply isn't true, there are plenty of great OL that weren't drafted in round one. Same goes for QB, if a guy like Bryant is there you take him.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                If they waste another first round pick on a WR, I'll be pissed. Look at the Lions. They drafted the top WR 3 years straight, but without an O-line that can protect, and a QB that can throw them the ball, they are useless.
                When was the last time we drafted a WR in the first round?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Jimmy Clausen at 11, no way he falls to 30.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                    Evans, who by the way has not necessarily lived up to his first round grade. Adding a weapon like Bryant would open things up a lot once all of the pieces are finally in place. I think that there is plenty of QB depth in this draft to get a QB in the second or hell, even third round; or even trade back into the first round and pick up a McCoy or Claussen somewhere between 18-21.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                      Don't you think they've drafted enough 1st day WRs in the past 5 drafts? Evans, Parrish, Hardy?

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Masseffect218345
                        Of course, but we're just commenting on the mock draft. But if you are going on best player available I can't imagine that there would be a better player than Bryant available.

By the way, there is a misconception that you have to draft OL early, that simply isn't true, there are plenty of great OL that weren't drafted in round one. Same goes for QB, if a guy like Bryant is there you take him.
                        Gotcha....if it's simply a "take the best player available" focused thread or a review of the mock draft in general, then I'd agree.

However, for the Bills specifically, I view WR help as the last thing needed. Evans, Johnson, Hardy (hopefully), Reed, and maybe a later round pick. And yes, of course, there are plenty of players at any position drafted in later rounds who are successful. Same is true for great players drafted early. You never know.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          Don't you think they've drafted enough 1st day WRs in the past 5 drafts? Evans, Parrish, Hardy?
                          So we're not gonna have Owens next year...who will be our WR opposite Evans? I dont necessarily think we should draft a WR with our first pick but I dont think we should rule it out either. If Bryant is there, I think he should be an option.

for the record I want a QB..

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

I would shop for suitors.
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

I agree that at this point, Bryant would probably be a steal and BPA at #11. Considering we have no idea what's going to happen in free agency, I think there's no point in trying to argue that we have more pressing needs. So I'd be pretty happy with this pick because we'd be getting some awesome talent, and great teams have great talent. That's what the draft should primarily be about. Finding the best players.

Comment

Working...
                              X