• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

T.O. to play?

I just saw it on the bottom line on the NFL halftime show. Did I see it right?
  • MassEffect218435
    • Apr 2009

Re: T.O. to play?

All I've read today is that Dick Jauron is "hopeful" that he will play. Honestly, who cares if he plays? The guy is just bad news, usually it's okay that he's bad news because he used to produce. Now he's just bad news and he isn't producing. He's served his purpose in Buffalo, he sold his tickets, he sold his jerseys, it's time to move on; and the earlier the better.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

How good would Larry Fitzgerald do in this offense?
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• MassEffect218435
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by yordad
        How good would Larry Fitzgerald do in this offense?
        Not good at all, but there's a vast difference between Larry Fitzgerald and Terrell Owens. One's a team player and has youth on his side, the other is a T.eam O.bliterator and is a has been who's days in the NFL are numbered. You know what though, I bet Fitzgerald wouldn't be amongst the league leaders in drops no matter the offense.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Masseffect218345
          Not good at all, but there's a vast difference between Larry Fitzgerald and Terrell Owens. One's a team player and has youth on his side, the other is a T.eam O.bliterator and is a has been who's days in the NFL are numbered. You know what though, I bet Fitzgerald wouldn't be amongst the league leaders in drops no matter the offense.
          Does that mean he would have like 5-10 more catches? Because he can't pass to himself.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• MassEffect218435
            • Apr 2009

Does that mean he would have like 5-10 more catches? Because he can't pass to himself.
            Owens has done himself no favors this year. The writing was on the wall last year in Dallas when he did have a real QB throwing it to him; the guy is done.
            Last edited by MassEffect218435; 11-12-2009, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Owens has done himself no favors this year. The writing was on the wall last year in Dallas when he did have a real QB throwing it to him; the guy is done.
              The leading Cowboy WR is on pace for 54 catches right now. Owens had 69 last year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

What difference does it make?

I have no doubt Hardy can step up and catch his 2 balls for 21 yards.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

I would almost rather see Hardy start anyways.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                    • Apr 2009

The leading Cowboy WR is on pace for 54 catches right now. Owens had 69 last year.
                    The leading Cowboy WR has only started the last four games, is averaging 22 yards a catch, and has seven TD's. He also has almost 400 more yards receiving than T.O. does this year and is an undrafted WR out of Monmouth. He's just not that great any more.

I'm not trying to take anything away from his career, no one will deny that he is a Hall of Fame player. But it's a fact of life, you get old, you break down, and he's right in the middle of that breaking down process.
                    Last edited by MassEffect218435; 11-12-2009, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

The leading Cowboy WR has only started the last four games, is averaging 22 yards a catch, and has seven TD's. He also has almost 400 more yards receiving than T.O. does this year and is an undrafted WR. He's just not that great any more.

I'm not trying to take anything away from his career, no one will deny that he is a Hall of Fame player. But it's a fact of life, you get old, you break down, and he's right in the middle of that breaking down process.
                      I have little doubt he would be past last year's pace if he was in NE, if he was opposite Moss, and Welker in the slot, with Brady passing.

Are his best years behind him? Sure, of course. Is he being used to his fullest? No way.

I mean, he is putting up Lee Evans type numbers. Is Lee done after this year too?

BTW, Austin is in his 4th year. The way you called him an undrafted WR, you made it seem like he was a rookie.
                      Last edited by yordad; 11-12-2009, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                        • Apr 2009

I would almost rather see Hardy start anyways.
                        Exactly, the season is all but over with, I guess there's still a chance for the playoffs, but let's be realistic. I would rather see what Hardy has because he's supposed to be the future, T.O. is just a short-term money maker.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                          • Apr 2009

I have little doubt he would be past last year's pace if he was in NE, if he was opposite Moss, and Welker in the slot, with Brady passing.

Are his best years behind him? Sure, of course. Is he being used to his fullest? No way.

I mean, he is putting up Lee Evans type numbers. Is Lee done after this year too?

BTW, Austin is in his 4th year. The way you called him an undrafted WR, you made it seem like he was a rookie.
                          You could step in to NE's offense as a WR and produce. Honestly, you bring up Evans, that's not a very good comparison. I've never viewed Evans as being a "go to" WR on most NFL teams. Aside from 2006 with Losman he's never been overly impressive and hasn't produced much. We can sit here all day long and make all the excuses you want; but the fact is that his days are numbered in the NFL.

What's your point regarding Austin? If Roy Williams doesn't go down with a rib injury against the Broncos Austin is still a #3 WR. He got his chance and he has turned it into the most productive 4 games in NFL history.
                          Last edited by MassEffect218435; 11-12-2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• T-Long
                            Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                            • Sep 2003

umm..all I asked was if anyone else saw it.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by T-Long
                              umm..all I asked was if anyone else saw it.
                              I answered

Comment

Working...
                              X