PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mayock Loves the Bills’ Guards

patmoran2006
11-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Wood was my favorite center in the country last year coming out of Louisville. The Bills have turned him into a guard and done a tremendous job. I definitely think he has pro bowl potential. but don’t forget about his teammate Andy Levitre, the second round pick who was a left tackle in college and the Bills kicked him inside to guard. The Bills probably have the best pair of young guards in the NFL.

MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/11/mike-mayock-loves-the-bills-guards/)

SeatownBillsFan21
11-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Son we will see and when we do i hope he is right but as of now this line sucks IMO

sdbillsfan2
11-13-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm going to have to take your word on this one Pat.. I never heard of him.

"Mike Mayock is one of the more respected football analysts on television"

I hope he's right and says the same next year

SquishDaFish
11-13-2009, 03:18 AM
You never heard of Mike Mayock?

Yasgur's Farm
11-13-2009, 06:32 AM
You never heard of Mike Mayock?I gotta repeat that!

Joe Fo Sho
11-13-2009, 06:33 AM

He's kind of the NFL Networks equivalent of Mel Kiper. Didn't he call the Whitner pick?

hydro
11-13-2009, 07:21 AM

I am going to hope you don't have NFL Network.

Jan Reimers
11-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Moyock is right. Our 2 young guards, along with Jairus Byrd, are the few bright lights in another dismal season.

k-oneputt
11-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Yes three bright spots. Now if we can get them to play the 11th pick in the draft....

superbills
11-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Its' too bad we can't clone them and have them play the tackle positions as well.

Forward_Lateral
11-13-2009, 08:13 AM
I think Hangartner has been a solid pickup so far too. He's done pretty well. Better than the incompetence that occupied the Center position in Buffalo for the past 10 years or so.

split71
11-13-2009, 08:54 AM
I would agree with Mayock, the interior line play has been respectable considering the revolving door at both tackle positions. IMO, continuity is arguably as important as talent when it comes to quality offensive/defensive line play.

It's hard to play well when you start the season with 4 new offensive lineman...

I've paid close attention to Woods and barring injury, he'll be a future all pro player. His nickname should be 'Pancake man'....:D

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-13-2009, 08:56 AM
yep... good young guards. THey will get better and better,,,, then when they peak, their contracts will come due and they will not be resigned.

Don't Panic
11-13-2009, 09:07 AM
I have a lot of respect for Mayock, and I think he's right. I think we have at least three of our linemen of the future in Bell, Wood at Levitre. That will make reshaping this team that much easier, as each of these guys stands to improve greatly over the next year or two.

Griz78
11-13-2009, 09:08 AM
We need a LT as our 1st rounder next year or DT. Butler and Bell can battle for the RT job, loser is the swing tackle. Meredith can be the 7th guy g/t backup. We can then draft a backup C mid round.

Don't Panic
11-13-2009, 09:28 AM
We need a LT as our 1st rounder next year or DT. Butler and Bell can battle for the RT job, loser is the swing tackle. Meredith can be the 7th guy g/t backup. We can then draft a backup C mid round.

Sounds like a plan!

madness
11-13-2009, 09:40 AM
It only took the FO 10 years to figure out we shouldn't neglect the lines.

sdbillsfan2
11-13-2009, 09:58 AM
I am going to hope you don't have NFL Network.

BINGO !!!!! Give the man a cigar. -Thanks for the info all!

bigbub2352
11-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Wood and Levitre are everything u want when retooling a OLine, they both play stout and nasty when Butler comes back with the addition of Hangartner and the development of Bell or a early draft pick to play LT or FA we should be in a lot better situation up front next yr
Butler's injury hurts us more than anyone wants to admit

Wood is everything u want in an OLineman

justasportsfan
11-13-2009, 10:02 AM
AS soon as we get a HC with a mean streak, these guys will get better.

billsburgh
11-13-2009, 12:20 PM
it's not that they were neglected, the FO just mad poor choices in addressing the line.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2009, 12:22 PM

Ironic you say so after we traded our 2 time pro bowl LT.

madness
11-13-2009, 02:57 PM

Ironic, our 2 time pro bowl had one good season...one.

Joe Fo Sho
11-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Ironic, our 2 time pro bowl had one good season...one.

Well, he had 1 great season. I would consider the year before the great season to have been a good season. Last year wasn't awful, but I'd only call it decent.

Nighthawk
11-13-2009, 09:50 PM
My worries with this OL is not the Guards...it's the tackles.

ddaryl
11-14-2009, 10:48 AM
I think Hangartner has been a solid pickup so far too. He's done pretty well. Better than the incompetence that occupied the Center position in Buffalo for the past 10 years or so.

I don't know I have seen Hangartner get bull rushed more the once, and really haven't seen him dominate anything either.

He may be better then who we had the last few years but that is not saying much

ddaryl
11-14-2009, 11:25 AM

again no choice. Peters forced the Bills hand. He wasn't worth 10 million a year and he turned down the Bills at 9 mil a year.

can't allow one player to hold a team hostage. Sucks but that is the way this one played out.

I also don't fault the Bills at all in the way they did deal with Peters. They gave him an extension as a RT and we're preapred to give him a big contract last year after a full season and 1/2 proving himself as a LT. Peters was just big fat douche bag and that is how he'll be rightfully remembered in Buffalo

Spiderweb
11-15-2009, 02:10 AM
Wood and Levitre are everything u want when retooling a OLine, they both play stout and nasty when Butler comes back with the addition of Hangartner and the development of Bell or a early draft pick to play LT or FA we should be in a lot better situation up front next yr
Butler's injury hurts us more than anyone wants to admit

Wood is everything u want in an OLineman

Admit? Hell, when Butler went down, we all knew we were in BIG trouble. Admit it to who, our wives or girlfriends? With 3 rookies on the starting o-line, we came out of the gate in trouble....

WTF was the brass thinking? Only makes me dislike Jauron even more....

Night Train
11-15-2009, 02:22 AM

No,No.

We need more skill players and should ignore the lines (sarcasm)

Let's concentrate on big name WR's !