• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Marv Levy Coors Light Commercial

I know before a lot of people were looking for it. Dont know if you found it.
    Here it is.. Not really funny to me, but still nice to see Marv get his own ad.

LINK

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Marv Levy Coors Light Commercial

I think its funny.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

It's as lame as every other ad in that series.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

a little less lame only because they got those 90's leather bills jackets in black. those jackets crack me up. but agreed, those ads are awful.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

I laughed. It's nice to see a Bills commercial not mock us out for a change.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PatrickMoran
            its nice to see Levy anywhere as long as it’s not in the Bills front office serving as general manager.
            i am seriously tired of hearing people rag on marv

for the billionth time, marvs job as 'gm' was NOT to make field based decisions. his job was 1) to restore functionality to what had become a completely dysfunctional organization, and 2) to act as an architect of the blueprint for the organization going forward

in terms of that specific job he earned an A+

if anyone has trouble understanding this, consider marvs time here as an external consultant, which he really was because he said from the start it would only be a two year gig no matter what. that is a CLASSIC consultant assignment. if he was a 'real' gm he would never had said up front that two years was his target and nobody would ever hire him as a real gm under that agreement. so he was absolutely serving as a consultant

a consultant tells people how a properly running organization operates and teaches them that and only that while he is there. a consultant DOES NOT do everybodys job for them and does not take the lead on decisions. whether an organization follows up on what a consultant designs is NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CONSULTANT WHO HAS LEFT

in the two short years while marv served that role the organization improved dramatically, a very firm testimony to his effectiveness in that consultative role

Originally posted by somenumnuts
            but mh, look at the drafts and free agents, they have been substandard, therefore marv sucked waaa
            again, a consultant does not do everybodys jobs and does not take the lead on decisions. a consultant is there to make sure everybody knows the proper way to function as a collective unit. just because it was marv talking on the tv box thingy about fa's and draft picks DOES NOT MEAN HE MADE THOSE DECISIONS, it just means he was serving as the face of the organization at that time and was the primary mouthpiece for decisions that were made by other people

look at it this way, marv had been out of daily football operations for a while, meaning his familiarity with many on-field issues (like talent eval) was stale. it would be ******ed for anyone to expect him to jump right in and be able to lead decisions on talent when he hadnt had his hand in that at all for years. marv is a very smart man and would never have agreed to that responsibility because that would be very stupid. what he WOULD agree to is to do something THAT DOES NOT GO STALE, specifically, the knowledge of how to build an identity as a team/organization

i know most people struggle to distinguish this kind of apparently subtle difference but after my decades long career in management consulting this is a classic and crystal clear scenario to me

marv was extremely effective in the specific role he was given. if they had paid him to remain on as a consultant then his detractors might have a slightly better case but they didnt do that. so what has happened since then is out of his hands and irrelevant to the job he did while he was here
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• superbills
              • Mar 2003

These commercials crack me up. Especially this one. In reality, was Marv talking about Todd Collins at the end there? I always try to figure out what the REAL situation was when they do these coach sound-bites.
              "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
              Ronald Reagan
              40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Meathead
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by somenumnuts
                but mh, marv chose dick and dick sucks
                this is the only potentially valid criticism of marvs time here, but it doesnt negate the totality of the good work he did here

yes, it appears he missed on this decision but keep in mind:

- ralph likely tied his hands somewhat as we know ralph prefers cheaper understudy type of new hcs to expensive established ones

- even the best gms dont always hire effective hc's every time

so criticism of marv for that important decision is generally warrented, but it absolutely does not mean his entire job here was ineffective. quite the opposite imo

Comment

• Aero II
                  RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                  • Jul 2002

I like the commercial. Now lets see one with Bill Polian's "Get out of town!" rant.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

but Marv actually pressed for Jauron. and he still supports the decision today.

I get the rest of your point, Meathead, but you have to admit the jauron hire was a disaster. It's not like we took a gamble on a guy who was decent and showed signs of brilliance. we all knew he was a kay stevenson type coach. we knew he sucked yet we tried to get behind it because marv came up with the idea.

That decision alone has killed this team. And if he was consulting he would have gotten in the way of trading back into the first round for 2 dud picks in 2006.

Lastly, he didn't do the first job of creating stability. it seems like one bills drive is more screwed up than before. no one knows who picks the players, they pick players that don't fit their scheme. it seems to be the communication has gotten worse.

Comment

• Meathead
                      • Jul 2002

i have to admit that idk why marv is still sticking up for dick. from what ive seen dick does the vast majority of things right - except manage gamedays. and he is so poor at managing gamedays that he will likely never get good enough at that crucial hc role and he should never be a hc again

still, i respect marv so much that i would love to hear exactly why he feels the bills should stick with him. i think it goes beyond marv saving his own legacy because that doesnt strike me as marvish. he must have some other reason but we are likely never to hear it because doing so he would likely have to expose something else about the organization that he doesnt want to

still, i find it difficult to imagine how such a smart man (marv) can look at the gameday decisions and management weve seen out of dick and say he should stay. must be a good reason in marvs mind but whatever it is i cant currently see it

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                        • Feb 2005

I enjoy this whole ad campaign... each of them have been amusing and I like Marvs too
                        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

Ghey!

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

The Romeo Crennel one is the only one I ever really liked.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

Coors light is piss beer, I never drink that ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X