• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

YOU'RE JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS NOW?

Van Pelt, Edwards talked about deep pass game

“I think we have the receivers that can go and make the plays on the ball,” said Van Pelt. ”If we get in a situation where it is one on one we don’t have to be wide open, we can give those guys a chance to go up and get the ball and make the plays and that is one thing we talked about.”

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • MassEffect218435
    • Apr 2009

Re: YOU'RE JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS NOW?

I'm sure they've discussed it plenty of times in the past, they are just going to try and emphasize it now. Edwards has limitations when it comes to the deep passing game and good coaches coach to their players talents. Edwards' talents do not include the ability to go deep early and often so it would make sense that they wouldn't have emphasized it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Masseffect218345
      I'm sure they've discussed it plenty of times in the past, they are just going to try and emphasize it now. Edwards has limitations when it comes to the deep passing game and good coaches coach to their players talents. Edwards' talents do not include the ability to go deep early and often so it would make sense that they wouldn't have emphasized it.
      his throws tend to wobble even in short to medium range which is why he has problems in bad weather.
      Last edited by justasportsfan; 11-13-2009, 09:13 AM.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• NorthCarBills
        • Jan 2006

LOL...maybe they also discussed the meaning of key terms like "hike."

Comment

• MassEffect218435
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          his throws tend to wobble even in short to medium range which is why he has problems in bad weather.
          Yup, which even further goes to show why the deep ball hasn't been emphasized. People underestimate the effect the spiral has on a pass.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Masseffect218345
            Yup, which even further goes to show why the deep ball hasn't been emphasized. People underestimate the effect the spiral has on a pass.
            agreed. If you can't spiral , you're not going to have much success throwing in small windows which is why Trent hardly ever attempts such throws. He'll lob it over to his wr's but the problem with that is , it doesn't have much velocity . With out that velocity, the wrs have to slow down instead of running in full stride and the cb have a chance at those lob throws too.

I think Trent knows his limitations which is why he is reluctant to throw the ball.
            Last edited by justasportsfan; 11-13-2009, 09:37 AM.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
              • Apr 2005

This is too funny... Yeah let's just start going deep when the weather works against you. Don't go deep when the weather is good , wait until it's a full out blizzard and minus 20...
              Typical Bills lately. Pass them nails boys... This coffin is closing fast!

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2
                This is too funny... Yeah let's just start going deep when the weather works against you. Don't go deep when the weather is good , wait until it's a full out blizzard and minus 20...
                Typical Bills lately. Pass them nails boys... This coffin is closing fast!

the bills are about as many steps behind as any 90 year old man in our society whose dirt poor and trying to pick up college girls. Go figure.

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

Going deep has nothing to do with Edwards arm and everything to do with pass protection.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

I swear I've been reading this crap since July. They can say they are going deep, but when the game is being played and Trent has the ball in his hands, nobody can force him to go deep and he eventually checks it down.

D & S Sports

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      I swear I've been reading this crap since July. They can say they are going deep, but when the game is being played and Trent has the ball in his hands, nobody can force him to go deep and he eventually checks it down.
                      It's pretty simple, he knows his limitations.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by HAMMER
                        Going deep has nothing to do with Edwards arm and everything to do with pass protection.

Does that include slant patterns as well?

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36

They're already allowing wiggle room for excuses!

"“I think we have the receivers that can go and make the plays on the ball,” said Van Pelt. ”If we get in a situation where it is one on one we don’t have to be wide open "

Don't the better Qbs at least take a chance or two of threading the needle? I'm not saying force it into traffic ,but if your going to wait for that one on one and hope Trent can deliver, I think we'll all be disappointed. Also , a better QB can take the pressure off this young line!

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

“I think we have the receivers that can go and make the plays on the ball,” said Van Pelt.

ya think?
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                              “I think we have the receivers that can go and make the plays on the ball,” said Van Pelt.

ya think?

they could...the question should really be will they.

Comment

Working...
                              X