PDA

View Full Version : YOU'RE JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS NOW?

mybills
11-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Van Pelt, Edwards talked about deep pass game

“I think we have the receivers that can go and make the plays on the ball,” said Van Pelt. ”If we get in a situation where it is one on one we don’t have to be wide open, we can give those guys a chance to go up and get the ball and make the plays and that is one thing we talked about.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/11/12/van-pelt-edwards-talked-about-deep-pass-game/

MassEffect218435
11-13-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm sure they've discussed it plenty of times in the past, they are just going to try and emphasize it now. Edwards has limitations when it comes to the deep passing game and good coaches coach to their players talents. Edwards' talents do not include the ability to go deep early and often so it would make sense that they wouldn't have emphasized it.

justasportsfan
11-13-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm sure they've discussed it plenty of times in the past, they are just going to try and emphasize it now. Edwards has limitations when it comes to the deep passing game and good coaches coach to their players talents. Edwards' talents do not include the ability to go deep early and often so it would make sense that they wouldn't have emphasized it.
his throws tend to wobble even in short to medium range which is why he has problems in bad weather.

NorthCarBills
11-13-2009, 09:13 AM
LOL...maybe they also discussed the meaning of key terms like "hike."

MassEffect218435
11-13-2009, 09:18 AM
his throws tend to wobble even in short to medium range which is why he has problems in bad weather.Yup, which even further goes to show why the deep ball hasn't been emphasized. People underestimate the effect the spiral has on a pass.

justasportsfan
11-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Yup, which even further goes to show why the deep ball hasn't been emphasized. People underestimate the effect the spiral has on a pass.
agreed. If you can't spiral , you're not going to have much success throwing in small windows which is why Trent hardly ever attempts such throws. He'll lob it over to his wr's but the problem with that is , it doesn't have much velocity . With out that velocity, the wrs have to slow down instead of running in full stride and the cb have a chance at those lob throws too.

I think Trent knows his limitations which is why he is reluctant to throw the ball.

sdbillsfan2
11-13-2009, 11:26 AM
This is too funny... Yeah let's just start going deep when the weather works against you. Don't go deep when the weather is good , wait until it's a full out blizzard and minus 20...
Typical Bills lately. Pass them nails boys... This coffin is closing fast!

Typ0
11-13-2009, 11:34 AM
This is too funny... Yeah let's just start going deep when the weather works against you. Don't go deep when the weather is good , wait until it's a full out blizzard and minus 20...
Typical Bills lately. Pass them nails boys... This coffin is closing fast!

the bills are about as many steps behind as any 90 year old man in our society whose dirt poor and trying to pick up college girls. Go figure.

HAMMER
11-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Going deep has nothing to do with Edwards arm and everything to do with pass protection.

RockStar36
11-13-2009, 11:49 AM
I swear I've been reading this crap since July. They can say they are going deep, but when the game is being played and Trent has the ball in his hands, nobody can force him to go deep and he eventually checks it down.

MassEffect218435
11-13-2009, 11:50 AM
I swear I've been reading this crap since July. They can say they are going deep, but when the game is being played and Trent has the ball in his hands, nobody can force him to go deep and he eventually checks it down.It's pretty simple, he knows his limitations.

sdbillsfan2
11-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Going deep has nothing to do with Edwards arm and everything to do with pass protection.

Does that include slant patterns as well?

sdbillsfan2
11-13-2009, 12:07 PM
I swear I've been reading this crap since July. They can say they are going deep, but when the game is being played and Trent has the ball in his hands, nobody can force him to go deep and he eventually checks it down.

They're already allowing wiggle room for excuses!

"“I think we have the receivers that can go and make the plays on the ball,” said Van Pelt. ”If we get in a situation where it is one on one we don’t have to be wide open "

Don't the better Qbs at least take a chance or two of threading the needle? I'm not saying force it into traffic ,but if your going to wait for that one on one and hope Trent can deliver, I think we'll all be disappointed. Also , a better QB can take the pressure off this young line!

mybills
11-14-2009, 12:50 PM
“I think we have the receivers that can go and make the plays on the ball,” said Van Pelt.

ya think?

Typ0
11-16-2009, 08:07 PM
“I think we have the receivers that can go and make the plays on the ball,” said Van Pelt.

ya think?

they could...the question should really be will they.

unpaid_bills
11-17-2009, 12:22 AM
LOL...maybe they also discussed the meaning of key terms like "hike."

no Trent its "Ready, Set, Hike"