PDA

View Full Version : GET MAYBIN ON THE FIELD FOR CHRIST SAKES

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2009, 10:37 AM
We stink, Get him in there.

BillsWin
11-13-2009, 10:54 AM
here come the Maybin haters! You've opened the floodgates Thurm!

Jan Reimers
11-13-2009, 10:56 AM
I agree. We have nothing to lose. I'd like to see Hardy, Johnson, Nic Harris, Palmer, Nelson and a few others as well.

BillsWin
11-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Here's what's going to happen. We are going to keep our young players on the bench for two more losses because we are "still in contention." Then when we are out of the playoff race, mathematically, and indisputably, we still won't play them. Why? Because we are the Buffalo Bills and our front office is about intelligent as that kid in the corner eating paste.

justasportsfan
11-13-2009, 11:31 AM
He needs to improve against the run. He's a liabilty vs. the run.

yordad
11-13-2009, 11:32 AM
So Johnson can get 300?

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Who cares. Let him learn by playing and getting EXP.

NorthCarBills
11-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Who cares. Let him learn by playing and getting EXP.

True...what have we got to lose at this point?

trapezeus
11-13-2009, 11:38 AM
we seem to be getting adequate pressure against the QB against the run without him. we need run stuffers. but we keep passing on them and ask stroud to deal with triple teams and kyle williams to be his back up and he's injured.

but the good news is we have enough safeties to get us through all their injuries!

justasportsfan
11-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Who cares. Let him learn by playing and getting EXP. Dick cares. He's hoping to save his job.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Dick cares. He's hoping to save his job.
If he seriously thinks he can save his job he is insane....

MassEffect218435
11-13-2009, 11:49 AM
I don't see how it would hurt anything. The season is over with, might as well get the youth in there and see what the future holds. I still don't view Maybin as ever being an every down type of DE though. He should one day be a good contributor against the pass, but he'll never be a run stopper.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Higher draft pick if he sucks really bad, plus we can groom our rookies for a breakout year next season! :up:

justasportsfan
11-13-2009, 12:16 PM
If he seriously thinks he can save his job he is insane....

he might be able to pull it off with the owner being 1000 yrs old.

EDS
11-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Higher draft pick if he sucks really bad, plus we can groom our rookies for a breakout year next season! :up:

Sort-of a "win-win" scenario (or maybe it is a "lose-lose").

Nighthawk
11-13-2009, 12:17 PM

Umm, you have noticed that this entire defense is a liability against the run...haven't you???

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Umm, you have noticed that this entire defense is a liability against the run...haven't you???
Seriously

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2009, 12:20 PM

Do you want to know why Maybin is in particular? It's because he has only one pass rush, which is a speed rush off the edge.. Teams know this, and as a result, they'll do a delay to the RB and wait for Maybin to the edge, leaving a huge lane for their RB to hit. That's my summary of Maybin, whenever he is on the field I've tried to watch him.

Nighthawk
11-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Do you want to know why Maybin is in particular? It's because he has only one pass rush, which is a speed rush off the edge.. Teams know this, and as a result, they'll do a delay to the RB and wait for Maybin to the edge, leaving a huge lane for their RB to hit. That's my summary of Maybin, whenever he is on the field I've tried to watch him.

The entire defense is putrid against the rush...at this point it doesn't matter...get Maybin on the field and let's see if he can play.

justasportsfan
11-13-2009, 12:23 PM
yes I have but most especially him when he's on the field. It was his weakness in college and it's evident in the next level.

I am not against having him him get experience . I am all for it but I was merely pointing out his weakness which he needs to fix. I doubt however that Dick is going to put him in just for him to get experience especially when Kelsay is playing the best football in his carreer. At this point, Dick is trying to save face.

bigbub2352
11-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Maybin needs to be on the feild, how can he be less effective than Kelsay Ellis Denney
U draft someone at 11 and u dont see what he can do makes absolutly no sense
Roster mismangement development of depth plagues this roster
Nice job DIck

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Get him on the field!!!!!!

malo
11-13-2009, 12:24 PM
I agree. Get him in there to see what he's made of.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2009, 12:25 PM
The entire defense is putrid against the rush...at this point it doesn't matter...get Maybin on the field and let's see if he can play.
I don't think our whole defense is, our D-line has been pretty good, it's just the linebackers haven't been making plays. Let's face it, we miss Mitchell and Ellison isn't stellar and Poz certainly isn't ethereal.

THATHURMANATOR
GET HIM ON THE FIELD!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
I don't think our whole defense is, our D-line has been pretty good, it's just the linebackers haven't been making plays. Let's face it, we miss Mitchell and Ellison isn't stellar and Poz certainly isn't ethereal.
GET MAYBIN ON THE FIELD!!!!!

justasportsfan
11-13-2009, 12:27 PM
GET MAYBIN ON THE FIELD!!!!!

Ellis! Ellis! Ellis!

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Get him in there too.

EDS
11-13-2009, 02:25 PM

When you give up as many rushing yards as the Bills have, you can't point to one person or position, or even two. The whole system is broken so might as well work on the long term fix, which Maybin will hopefully be part of (obviously, he will inevitably suck for the rest of the year).

No one is saying inserting Maybin will make the team better this year. Probably the opposite in fact.

Mahdi
11-13-2009, 02:32 PM
We stink, Get him in there.
He's pretty much a rookie next year too if this continues. Hopefully he can get stronger though.

SquishDaFish
11-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Instead of starting a safety at LB for Ellison maybe they should put Maybin there and tell him to go get the ******* QB! That would be the smart move

DraftBoy
11-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Id like to see him play more too but Schobel and Kelsay are playing pretty good football right now.

DraftBoy
11-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Here's what's going to happen. We are going to keep our young players on the bench for two more losses because we are "still in contention." Then when we are out of the playoff race, mathematically, and indisputably, we still won't play them. Why? Because we are the Buffalo Bills and our front office is about intelligent as that kid in the corner eating paste.

Having potentially been that kid at one point in life, Im slightly offended by that comment. I turned out a hell of a lot smarter than this FO!!

P.S.-Rubber Cement does not taste as good as Paste...not saying I know from experience...just saying...

yordad
11-13-2009, 08:42 PM
A couple more losses and I will be on the start Harris, McCargo, Ellis, Maybin, Hardy, Johnson (in the slot), and even Hamden's bandwagon, lol.

BillsWin
11-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Having potentially been that kid at one point in life, Im slightly offended by that comment. I turned out a hell of a lot smarter than this FO!!

P.S.-Rubber Cement does not taste as good as Paste...not saying I know from experience...just saying...

:bf1:

Nighthawk
11-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Instead of starting a safety at LB for Ellison maybe they should put Maybin there and tell him to go get the ******* QB! That would be the smart move

Agreed...

jamze132
11-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Dick cares. He's hoping to save his job.
Dick's job is more safe than you think...

Yasgur's Farm
11-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Let's get radical Dick... I wanna see a 5 man line.

Keep the DT rotation as is (Stroud, Williams when healthy, Johnson and McCargo)... But rotate Schobel, Kelsay, Denney, Maybin and Ellis 3 at a time... Have 1 of them roam a bit in sort of a hybrid DE/LB role... Change it up, have fun with it.

Second level is 3 LB's (POZ and whoever) with a Scott or Harris doing the hybrid LB/S thing.

3rd level is McGee, Florence and Whitner or Byrd vs obvious pass downs.

Come on Dick... Could be a brand new type of D... They could maybe name it after you, "the strap-on Dick".

yordad
11-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Let's ride the strap on to the playoffs!

Mahdi
11-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Id like to see him play more too but Schobel and Kelsay are playing pretty good football right now.
Schobel is. Kelsay is not. He gets pressure maybe one out of every 30 snaps.

SABURZFAN
11-14-2009, 08:07 AM

the Bills rank last against the run. how much worse can he be?