PDA

View Full Version : That PP towards the end of the 2nd

OpIv37
11-13-2009, 08:13 PM
May have been the most poorly executed PP I've ever seen.

I just don't get it. 5 on 5, this team can hang with almost anyone in the league. But we suck with the man advantage, and it's been that way for at least 3 seasons. What gives, Lindy?

SkateZilla
11-13-2009, 08:49 PM
May have been the most poorly executed PP I've ever seen.

I just don't get it. 5 on 5, this team can hang with almost anyone in the league. But we suck with the man advantage, and it's been that way for at least 3 seasons. What gives, Lindy?

Coaching.... He needs to get rid of the Special teams coach.... the team doesnt maintain a box at all on the PK, they try and play it like its even strength... they leave a man alone in front of miller to chase the guys on the boards... its annoying how many times i should WTF at my TV screen.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Coaching.... He needs to get rid of the Special teams coach.... the team doesnt maintain a box at all on the PK, they try and play it like its even strength... they leave a man alone in front of miller to chase the guys on the boards... its annoying how many times i should WTF at my TV screen.

McCutcheon or should I say McCrutcheon is the Special Teams coach. Here's what I think they should do have JP (James Patrick) do the power play since he was a player and have McCutcheon as the Defense coach.

trapezeus
11-14-2009, 04:52 AM
point is though, its sucked for so long. you'd think they'd have tried every combination of players and strategies to fix this by now. i'm with op, what the hell gives? how have they not found an answer or any consistency?

Nighthawk
11-14-2009, 09:14 AM
PP hasn't been really productive since Scott Arniel left...that guy had it running like a finely tuned engine. McCutcheon is clueless and should have been fired a few years back...too much loyalty in this organization.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-14-2009, 10:01 AM
P.P. 20th 23.5%

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20102ALLAAAAll&sort=powerPlayPercentage&viewName=powerPlay

chernobylwraiths
11-14-2009, 10:11 AM

I thought the penalty kill has been good as of late.