PDA

View Full Version : Brighter days are ahead my friends...

BillsWin
11-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Since when have there been this many big name, proven coaches available? The odds are in our favor!

Billick, Gruden, Homgren, Shanahan, Cowher, Schottenheimer.

Ralph can't possibly be cheap enough to pass on all of them!?

elltrain22
11-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Great positive post! Call me crazy too, but I am confident as well that Ralph is gonna get a good coach, that is popular w/ the fanbase. With Carucci's article today, I am very stoked about the possibilities.

BillsWin
11-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Great positive post! Call me crazy too, but I am confident as well that Ralph is gonna get a good coach, that is popular w/ the fanbase. With Carucci's article today, I am very stoked about the possibilities.

It is just that the numbers are in our favor! How many teams will be looking for a new coach vs. how many good ones are available! The numbers game says we get a top tier guy.

We can only hope Ralph gets it done!

WeAreArthurMoates
11-13-2009, 09:42 PM
I would love any one of those guys but I'd also love a Russ Grimm or Leslie Frazier. Fact is we will be getting a good coach cause of all the experienced guys on the market. Whether its a retread or new guy.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Not feeling it, bro.........

Historian
11-14-2009, 05:38 AM

Yes, he can.

We'll probably end up with Charlie Weis's defensive backs coach.

Yasgur's Farm
11-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Hello Ralph... Bill here.

Listen... I've been paying a little attention to what's been going on over in B'lo. I think I can help.

I got the itch Ralph. I need to coach again. And the Bills are just the challenge I need.

Of course I'm gonna need you to hand over the keys. I'll build you a winner, but you gotta let me drive.

It'll cost you $8M per year, but I'll tell you what I'll do, I'll pay half of Dick's remaining contract... You just have to pay me $5M next season.

So... Whaddaya say Ralphie boy? Is it time to poney up and bust the plague on the city of Buffalo? I'l give you 48 hours to think it over before I give the Brown's a call.

Sound good Ralph? Ralph you there?! Son-of-a-***** fell asleep on me!!!

jamze132
11-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Does anyone really think Dick won't be back next year? :rofl:

Yasgur's Farm
11-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Yes... As a mater of fact... I believe Dick is done as a head coach.

SABURZFAN
11-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Since when have there been this many big name, proven coaches available? The odds are in our favor!

he's as cheap as they come. he's proven that for 50 years, so i don't see him changing.

DynaPaul
11-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Well they did waste 6.5 mil on T.O. this year so why not spend 6.5 mil on a real head coach?

X-Era
11-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Well they did waste 6.5 mil on T.O. this year so why not spend 6.5 mil on a real head coach?

I will never get that.

This team overspent on a WR by several millions but wont overspend on a HC?

the HC is one of the most crucial positions on the whole team.

tampabay25690
11-14-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't think we over spent at all on T.O. look at the NFL and Wr's and there salaries that is around the going rate. Come on Michael Clayton of Tampa is making $6 million a year and has 3 TD'S in his career....

I do believe we need to spend $$$$ on a coach that will get this organization back to what us fans deserve..

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2009, 10:21 AM

ahhh, but you're wrong. he is that cheap and probably will pass on every one you just named.

baalworship
11-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Josh McDaniel and Jim Schwartz were great candidates last year and we kept Dick Jauron. I want to believe things are going to get better but until that something happens all we have to go on is the last decade of cheapness and mediocrity.

sdbillsfan2
11-14-2009, 03:23 PM

WASTE? T.O. did exactly what the Bills signed him to do. He boosted season ticket sales! Ralph still made out on the deal, don't kid yourself! Add in The Bills cut on T.O. merchandise , Ralph got us again.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Does anyone really think Dick won't be back next year? :rofl:

Theres no doubt in my mind he will be let go. If we win 8 games there's a possibility but no way in hell we win 8.

trapezeus
11-14-2009, 05:20 PM
he has to be gone. even if he wins out now he still has a putrid record. it'll be a gut decision on the FO part.

if he wins the remaining games and really puts a spark into the team, it'll be hard for them to not ride one more year...and they'll assuage us with a free agency pick or some discount.

And while i think dick jauron is the worst coach the bills have had in 20 years, i can imagine him breaking our hearts to get change with a plethora of options and get one more year, suck next year and then have us have to pick a coach in a dead coaching selection season.

doomsdayvirus
11-15-2009, 09:02 AM

you know why....

mybills
11-15-2009, 10:41 AM

I'll pass on anyone who is defense minded. They haven't panned out well here.