• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

For those of you wanting to draft left tackle over top tier QB,

We don't have a QB on our roster worth spending high picks on tackles to protect.

Buffalo sports daily had a great article a week or two ago breaking down the incompetence of our franchise over this past decade and how we have approached the QB position since Kelly.

We have yet to try drafting a top tier prospect (NO, LOSMAN DOES NOT COUNT. He was NEVER considered a top prospect.)

We just keep trying the same old thing, and look how that is working out.

You know that old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."?

Well this **** is broke. So fix it.
    I am The Batman.
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: For those of you wanting to draft left tackle over top tier QB,

Who cares? Cause none of us are the shot callers, just one stupid fan's opinion over the others.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

I know first hand that games are won in the trenches. But come now! We need someone to lead this team under center.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
        Who cares? Cause none of us are the shot callers, just one stupid fan's opinion over the others.
        You callin' me stupid pecker?
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BillsWin
          You callin' me stupid pecker?
          Not at all, just saying that none of our opinions really matter, because even if you made the right call, the leadership of our franchise would obviously go in a different direction for the sake of being wrong.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

This is a stupid argument.

We don't have a Tackle on our roster worth spending high picks on a QB to throw behind!

BTW, again, I am pulling for a round one LB.

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
              Not at all, just saying that none of our opinions really matter, because even if you made the right call, the leadership of our franchise would obviously go in a different direction for the sake of being wrong.

Boy, I have been saying that for years.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

It's a matter of philosophy. Those who would build a team from the lines out might tend to draft a tackle whether or not they had a QB worth protecting. They would say, "Get your line set first, then bring in the franchise QB." For me, the question is more about whether our present tackles are kids with lots of talent and upside who merely suck because they're so inexperienced, or they are always going to be scrubs because that's what they are. I don't think we have a definitive answer to that question yet, but I think the Bills will have, or should have a pretty good indication by the end of the season.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

You can win in this league with adequate QB play if you've got a dominant offensive line.

You can have the best QB in the league, and if he doesn't have the o-line in front of him you're going to lose.

Easy call. Draft big, early and often.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Demon
                    • Mar 2003

I'm not against NOT picking a QB in the first round, however I am still in love with Colt McCoy and think he is exactly what we need, BUT, i'm not against the idea of not picking a QB, however, not for a tackle. If we don't pick a QB, i hope it's because we fell in love with one of the DT;s (Cody or McCoy) or LB (McClain or Spikes). I don't think we'll be picking near the top so Suh will be out of question.
                    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Only certain QBs are worth protecting? Huh??

I guess the Browns should cut Joe Thomas then. I'll take him!

It's true that the Bills have been doing the same crap for years.
                      For example, they haven't drafted a guy who played LT in the first two rounds since 1992 (Fina)
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                        We play to win the game!
                        • Oct 2009

This is the stupidest load of **** i ever heard of. this is the mentality the FO has had for years i bet. Things need to change, we need to build a top OL.

GREEN BAY freaking sucks balls too, it isn't cause of Aaron Rogers or the defense. It is the pathetic OL that leads the nFL in most sacks. I can fuarantee it isn't a coincidence that bad OL's lead to good teams struggling

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BillsWin
                          Boy, I have been saying that for years.
                          Sucks, doesn't it? You or I may hold the answer, but it doesn't matter.

Comment

• DrGraves
                            • Mar 2008

I agree Billswin. Here is the way I see it. There are two scenarios:

1. we draft a linemen or whatever and the front office thinks okay maybe the line is improved and trent will magically get better and our problems will be solved

2. we draft a top tier prospect. the front office thinks to themselves, **** we are paying this guy a ton of money and we don't want to look like **** ups for drafting him. lets go sign some more good players to help him out.

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Philagape
                              Only certain QBs are worth protecting? Huh??

I guess the Browns should cut Joe Thomas then. I'll take him!

It's true that the Bills have been doing the same crap for years.
                              For example, they haven't drafted a guy who played LT in the first two rounds since 1992 (Fina)
                              It was a joke phil , but you get the point!
                              I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X