3. Ahmad Black-Florida
4. Reshad Jones-UGA
5. DeAndre McDaniel-Clemson

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2009, 08:56 PM
CODY AT 7!?!?!?!?!?!

Demon
11-14-2009, 09:08 PM
If we could somehow find a QB somehow and draft McClain first round and Austin second round, idk what i'd do with my self.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2009, 09:12 PM
If we could somehow find a QB somehow and draft McClain first round and Austin second round, idk what i'd do with my self.

Do you consider McClain to be as good a prospect as Willis was coming out? IDK, I'm not impressed with the linebackers coming out this year, although I see some linebackers on the outside that I'd like to have.

Demon
11-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Do you consider McClain to be as good a prospect as Willis was coming out? IDK, I'm not impressed with the linebackers coming out this year, although I see some linebackers on the outside that I'd like to have.

To be truthfully honest with you, I havn't seen too much of Alabama to know. Each time their on TV, i have something else to do, like tonight watch the Sabres. I've only seem him in bits and pieces although from what i have seen, he has looked good but obviously can't judge him on what i saw. I'm just basing it mostly on what i've been hearing and reading about him. And from all i've read and heard, he is a Willis type defender.

BillsWin
11-14-2009, 09:26 PM
If Cody slips past 15 I would be very surprised.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2009, 09:31 PM
To be truthfully honest with you, I havn't seen too much of Alabama to know. Each time their on TV, i have something else to do, like tonight watch the Sabres. I've only seem him in bits and pieces although from what i have seen, he has looked good but obviously can't judge him on what i saw. I'm just basing it mostly on what i've been hearing and reading about him. And from all i've read and heard, he is a Willis type defender.
I remember Willis at Ole Miss, McClain doesn't strike me as the same type of player, which is significant cause we will be picking around 10th overall, right near where Willis was taken.

Side note: Cody is not the 7th best DT in the draft, he can fit in the 43 and 34, I think DraftBoy's projection is wrong, although much respect for ranking ALL the prospects like that, still I think he is wrong.

DraftBoy
11-15-2009, 09:05 AM
CODY AT 7!?!?!?!?!?!

3-4 NT prospect who doesnt play ever snap. I dont rate guys like that very high, he doesn't have a lot of versatility. Im not all that impressed with Mount Cody. I think he has a high bust potential.

DraftBoy
11-15-2009, 09:11 AM

I think Willis was a better rated prospect coming out but McClain may have just as high potential though.

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2009, 04:16 PM
3-4 NT prospect who doesnt play ever snap. I dont rate guys like that very high, he doesn't have a lot of versatility. Im not all that impressed with Mount Cody. I think he has a high bust potential.
Dude, he has more versatility than Suh and McCoy!! He can be a NT or a DT in the 43, he has Shaun Rogers written all over him!

And Willis was twice the prospect that McClain is coming out of college, no question about that. Willis was Ole Miss's defense while he was there, what a complete freak of nature.

X-Era
11-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Dude, he has more versatility than Suh and McCoy!! He can be a NT or a DT in the 43, he has Shaun Rogers written all over him!

And Willis was twice the prospect that McClain is coming out of college, no question about that. Willis was Ole Miss's defense while he was there, what a complete freak of nature.

Sorry, I agree with DB on this.

The main thing that impresses me about him is his athleticism for a guy his size, and that comes from his blocked kicks. But, while a DT, he hasn't shown me that hes dominant. He relies too much on his weight instead of his strength, which tells me he may not be as strong as you would like.

k-oneputt
11-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Harry Coleman has been playing olb.

methos4ever
11-17-2009, 10:20 AM
No love for Romeus?

DraftBoy
11-17-2009, 10:30 AM
No love for Romeus?

No, I dont have him as a top 5 Junior at DE. He's 6th or 7th though.

PECKERWOOD
11-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Sorry, I agree with DB on this.

The main thing that impresses me about him is his athleticism for a guy his size, and that comes from his blocked kicks. But, while a DT, he hasn't shown me that hes dominant. He relies too much on his weight instead of his strength, which tells me he may not be as strong as you would like.

I think he could slide to the 2nd, just because you two don't seem to be alone in doubting him. I personally think he is a top 10 talent, but will slide alas Rogers and Jenkins all the way to the 2nd round.

PECKERWOOD
11-17-2009, 03:15 PM
You guys think Hardy may drop too? He seems to get injured a lot, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dunlap and Griffin be the first two guys taken off the board.

DraftBoy
11-17-2009, 03:56 PM
You guys think Hardy may drop too? He seems to get injured a lot, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dunlap and Griffin be the first two guys taken off the board.

I would rank Dunlap and Griffin ahead of Hardy right now.