PDA

View Full Version : More information on the Bills future at QB

X-Era
11-14-2009, 09:36 AM
We usually dont get much insight into what the Bills are thinking from Chris Brown, but I thought this was pretty telling:

"5. Chris do you see issues with Trent being the QB of the future? Now with his concussions and reluctance to throw the ball deep I wander what the coaching staff’s thoughts are? What are your thoughts? Thanks again.

Wes Dickson
CB: I think these last eight games will be a big factor in what the Bills’ decision makers determine needs to be done at the quarterback position. If Edwards’ performance in the last half of the season is not much different than that of the first half, I believe it will be difficult for the organization to avoid addressing the quarterback position in some other fashion. But let’s see what happens in the second half of the season before passing judgment."

I really think change is coming. Weve been let down before, but I think this year we finally make the big changes... and maybe, just maybe, this time we take a big step forward

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2009, 10:20 AM
one can only hope. i'm sick of spending money on a butt fu** team like this.

Don't Panic
11-14-2009, 10:48 AM
The consensus of what I've read/heard points to that. I think Trent get's an 8 game audition to keep the job. There are three possible outcomes:

1. He plays as good as he has at any time he has been here, and the QB depth chart stays the same heading into next year.

2. He plays very similarly to how he played in the first half of the year, and he becomes our new backup, with a draftee or a vet taking the starting job.

3. He plays somewhere in between... not as bad as he has, but not as good. This is the likely scenario, and it opens up a TON of possibilities (all of which I'm sure we'll hear about on this board in the long winter months).

I have to assume Jauron is gone, and that makes Trent's future less secure. At this point, with a new sheriff in town, I have to imagine that we're going to be using that 1st rounder on a QB, and that he will challenge Trent on day one of training camp next year for the starting spot. It would be a situation similar to the one SD had with Rivers and Brees a couple years back, except that Trent is no Brees.... let's hope our draftee compares favorably to Rivers.

Pinkerton Security
11-14-2009, 11:20 AM
The consensus of what I've read/heard points to that. I think Trent get's an 8 game audition to keep the job. There are three possible outcomes:

1. He plays as good as he has at any time he has been here, and the QB depth chart stays the same heading into next year.

2. He plays very similarly to how he played in the first half of the year, and he becomes our new backup, with a draftee or a vet taking the starting job.

3. He plays somewhere in between... not as bad as he has, but not as good. This is the likely scenario, and it opens up a TON of possibilities (all of which I'm sure we'll hear about on this board in the long winter months).

I have to assume Jauron is gone, and that makes Trent's future less secure. At this point, with a new sheriff in town, I have to imagine that we're going to be using that 1st rounder on a QB, and that he will challenge Trent on day one of training camp next year for the starting spot. It would be a situation similar to the one SD had with Rivers and Brees a couple years back, except that Trent is no Brees.... let's hope our draftee compares favorably to Rivers.

you're right, the most likely scenario is #3 - although its possible he sucks even worse bc his trend has been a definite digression.

SABURZFAN
11-14-2009, 11:28 AM
We usually dont get much insight into what the Bills are thinking from Chris Brown, but I thought this was pretty telling:

"5. Chris do you see issues with Trent being the QB of the future? Now with his concussions and reluctance to throw the ball deep I wander what the coaching staff’s thoughts are? What are your thoughts? Thanks again.

Wes Dickson
CB: I think these last eight games will be a big factor in what the Bills’ decision makers determine needs to be done at the quarterback position. If Edwards’ performance in the last half of the season is not much different than that of the first half, I believe it will be difficult for the organization to avoid addressing the quarterback position in some other fashion. But let’s see what happens in the second half of the season before passing judgment."

I really think change is coming. Weve been let down before, but I think this year we finally make the big changes... and maybe, just maybe, this time we take a big step forward

for somebody who is close to the Bills organization for info, he doesn't say anymore than what some people have said on this message board. Chris Brown is just a jobber who only says what the organization wants to hear.

shelby
11-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Trent had a tough time coming off a concussion last year, and i expect the same this year. i've seen enough.....next!

X-Era
11-14-2009, 12:03 PM
for somebody who is close to the Bills organization for info, he doesn't say anymore than what some people have said on this message board. Chris Brown is just a jobber who only says what the organization wants to hear.

Totally agree. But that's not the point. Brown has to say what the Bills would approve of, we can say whatever we like here. I think its telling not because Chris is Nostradamus, but because the Bills are allowing him to say that.

Luisito23
11-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Why should these last few meaningless games matter? That bum has had plenty of time and never got it done here, and I don't care how good he plays I want a new QB no matter what!

sdbillsfan2
11-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Do we really need 8 more games ? Pre concussion he had glaring weaknesses , and post concussions ,it's only worse. You have to wonder how much confidence his teammates have privately regarding his abilities. What they say for the press and media is what the club wants you to hear. ( If not they'd get hit with some detrimental to the team crap) If he has worth, trade him , If he doesn't get someone in here who can play and let Trent play the safe don't lose the game back up role from the bench.
I don't see leadership ability or physical endurance strong enough to take that next step. We've cloned Jauron and made him a QB.. Enough is enough...clean house !

Don't Panic
11-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Given that the only other option is to put Fitzpatrick on the field, I think you definitely ride Trent out for the rest of the year. Even if you don't call it an audition, what other options are there? Someone has to play QB for the next 8 games... it might as well be Trent since of the three QBs on the roster he is the only one that has even a glimmer of a hope of being a full-time starter at some point in his career.

elltrain22
11-14-2009, 05:23 PM
I predict alot of checkdowns for Cpt. Checkdown. No way in heck a new coaching staff keeps this buffoon around. He's clearly not an NFL caliber qb.

Meathead
11-14-2009, 06:33 PM
a. qb rooks should get three seasons to show theyve developed into a competent starter so trent still technically has some time on his young qb membership card before earning the bust label. its looking kinda bad right now but he has demonstrated ability in the past mostly pre-adrian so its at least feasible the light could go back on

3. its very difficult to judge him or anyone behind center for this team due to the pathetic pass protection esp from the tackles. the online will almost certainly be much better next season as all the young players make that classic season two leap for olinemen who get a lot of play, but right now they are just flat out over matched. you simply cant expect any qb to be able to make anything other than short throws when you cant even get three seconds on many of your drop backs

my guess would be a high draft pick and trent will vie for the position next summer. who knows, that might now turn out so bad

ParanoidAndroid
11-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Andrew Luck is the next John Elway.... I don't think the Bills can wait for him, though.

We could use someone with that last name.

SABURZFAN
11-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Brown has to say what the Bills would approve of, we can say whatever we like here. I think its telling not because Chris is Nostradamus, but because the Bills are allowing him to say that.

that's why i don't value his opinion whatsoever. it doesn't take an einstein to figure out that Chris Brown is a voice to piss in the fans ears and tell them that it's raining. it doesn't take an einstein to figure out that Edwards needs to get his **** together or he'll be in the UFL with Lossman either.

Oldbillsfan
11-14-2009, 08:10 PM
In Edward's defense, things haven't been good for him either from front office and coaching blunders.

Not signing a good back up qb, blowing up the offensive line in the off season, firing the offensive coordinator 2 weeks before the season starts, installing the no huddle then scrapping it, starting RB suspended the first 3 games. What did anyone expect? Who is the QB coach now? Pathetic. A complete overhaul is in order regardless. I like the new guards anyway.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2009, 01:02 AM
trent is a ****ing pussy and he sucks. he should be in california on a surfboard not behind a center in the nfl.

clumping platelets
11-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Tim Hiller :nod:

Jan Reimers
11-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Andrew Luck is the next John Elway.... I don't think the Bills can wait for him, though.

We could use someone with that last name.
I think he would become Andrew (Bad) Luck in Buffalo.

tampabay25690
11-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Hey TRENT is playing for his future these last 8 games.....
He could join JP if he plays like a jack ass........

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2009, 09:49 PM
to the person that implied i get a new team in a rep message. go **** yourself.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2009, 09:52 PM
to the person that implied i get a new team in a rep message. go **** yourself. my loyalty is with this team no matter what. if you're not sick of spending thousands of dollars a year on merchandise, tickets, food, beer on this butt **ck team then you are apart of the problem.