PDA

View Full Version : serious question about mental health

trapezeus
11-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Do most businesses have a clause to step in if the CEO seems like he or she has lost it mentally? is the NFL kind of unique that they let al davis still run the team.

i know ralph is still with it, but he is in that age bracket where he may start to lose it. is there nothing the nfl can do about that? they allow for teams to be run straight into the ground?

does anyone find that odd, or can any large business choose to do the same?

ddaryl
11-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm sure if the blundering became so obvious that something had to be done the NFL would try to jump in... but the fact is Ralph is acting the way Ralph has pretty much acted the majority of the time he has owned this franchise. Kinda hard to say he is losing it when you compare 2000's with the the 2nd half of the 1990's, the majority of the 1980's , and the 1970's

imbondz
11-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Do most businesses have a clause to step in if the CEO seems like he or she has lost it mentally? is the NFL kind of unique that they let al davis still run the team.

i know ralph is still with it, but he is in that age bracket where he may start to lose it. is there nothing the nfl can do about that? they allow for teams to be run straight into the ground?

does anyone find that odd, or can any large business choose to do the same?

lol!

trapezeus
11-14-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm sure if the blundering became so obvious that something had to be done the NFL would try to jump in... but the fact is Ralph is acting the way Ralph has pretty much acted the majority of the time he has owned this franchise. Kinda hard to say he is losing it when you compare 2000's with the the 2nd half of the 1990's, the majority of the 1980's , and the 1970's

i'm not saying ralph is losing it right now, but it's not to be unexpected to see a man his age start to lose his mental facilities before he does pass. i would think that the nFL would want to make sure the team doesn't fall apart.

you'd think they'd have stepped in with Al Davis at this point. his coach in cable is awful (with or without the legal issues), his player selections created the whole crabtree mess. it's a joke....and if it weren't for his joke, the bills would be next up in line.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Al Davis and Jerry Jones would've been gone years ago if this were the case!

ddaryl
11-14-2009, 02:05 PM
i'm not saying ralph is losing it right now, but it's not to be unexpected to see a man his age start to lose his mental facilities before he does pass. i would think that the nFL would want to make sure the team doesn't fall apart.

you'd think they'd have stepped in with Al Davis at this point. his coach in cable is awful (with or without the legal issues), his player selections created the whole crabtree mess. it's a joke....and if it weren't for his joke, the bills would be next up in line.

like you said you'd think they'd step in in Al Davis' case but they have not.

It would take some seriously obvious and almost intentional blunders before the NFL would step in. And once they do step in the legal fallout would probably tie up any such attempt for quite awhile.

If he was left uncapacitated in any form I'm sure his family would take over operations as is stated in his will and other legal documents. If Ralph was not cognitively capable but insisted on running the team anyways then their might be reason

Bottom line it will take a very extreme circumstance for such a move by the NFL

Jan Reimers
11-15-2009, 07:47 AM
I agree with PW. If there were some sort of mental health clause, Al Davis should have been in the loony bin years ago.