• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Ennis over Gerbe?

Seriously, what's the deal with Gerbe? Kennedy and Myers have already made it to the Sabres for significant time. Is this normal development time? Is he just a victim of the number of forwards that Buffalo has? Is this a contracting/CBA issue like the one Myers had? Or is he simply struggling?

With the hype Gerbe had coming out of college, it's frustrating to see him still in the minors.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • helmetguy
    Touch the helmet for luck
    • Sep 2002

Re: Ennis over Gerbe?

Gerbe's injured.
    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
      Gerbe's injured.
      that explains tonight's decision. It doesn't explain why he still hasn't made it up to Buffalo in general though.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

think gerbe has a concussion, to be more specific.
        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
        Vanek is Austrian not European
        Originally posted by Prov401
        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
        Originally posted by better days
        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

OP...Ennis is a VERY good prospect. I think he could possibly be a very good offensive player for this franchise in a year or two.

Comment

• Demon
            • Mar 2003

Ennis reminds me of a Danny Briere. He has a nose for the goal. He's small but feisty. Great speed and great hands. He could be a good one for years to come and even more reason to trade Gerbe while his value is still somewhat high.
            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
              OP...Ennis is a VERY good prospect. I think he could possibly be a very good offensive player for this franchise in a year or two.
              I didn't mean this as a knock on Ennis. I honestly don't know enough about him to comment, positive or negative, and I don't have a problem with him getting some NHL ice time. If he's good, he stays, and if he's bad, he goes back to Portland when we're healthy. Nothing bad can come of it.

I'm just frustrated that Gerbe is taking his sweet time to contribute to this franchise.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I didn't mean this as a knock on Ennis. I honestly don't know enough about him to comment, positive or negative, and I don't have a problem with him getting some NHL ice time. If he's good, he stays, and if he's bad, he goes back to Portland when we're healthy. Nothing bad can come of it.

I'm just frustrated that Gerbe is taking his sweet time to contribute to this franchise.
                But Gerbe is hurt. Also, anyone hear Lindy after the game? He assumed he was going to play Nate Paetsch tonight but Darcy Regier came up with the idea of calling Ennis up.... brilliant move by Darcy.
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  Yeah Op. Ennis is a highly touted offensive prospect. IMO our best prospect outside of Myers. Him over Gerbe was a no brainer especially when looking at production in Portland.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    Yeah Op. Ennis is a highly touted offensive prospect. IMO our best prospect outside of Myers. Him over Gerbe was a no brainer especially when looking at production in Portland.
                    ok now we're getting somewhere. WHY is Gerbe being outplayed by Ennis? That's the whole problem here. I'm not trying to say Ennis is bad. I'm saying Gerbe should be better.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

If you ask me I don't see Gerbe being much of a force at the NHL level. At least not in what I saw out of him last season. He was thrown around like a rag doll. Not sure how much bulk he could even add at this point.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

ok now we're getting somewhere. WHY is Gerbe being outplayed by Ennis? That's the whole problem here. I'm not trying to say Ennis is bad. I'm saying Gerbe should be better.
                        Yeah, I tried to say the same thing, but I got a lot of "what about St. Louis and Briere and Gionta?" No one wanted to listen.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Yeah, I tried to say the same thing, but I got a lot of "what about St. Louis and Briere and Gionta?" No one wanted to listen.
                          Ennis is the size of St. Louis, Briere and Gionta.. Gerbe is even smaller.

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

But unlike you people don't want to write players off before they touch the ice in the NHL. He hasn't impressed and may never. Regardless I won't write off a player until the prove otherwise.

Hell Ennis isn't get big either. Did just fine tonight too. May flop on his face, may turn out to be a super star. We just have to sit back and hope for the best. Not try to convince everyone of something just so it can be thrown back in their face.
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Because Ennis was thought of as the most gifted offensive player in his draft and only lasted until late in the first because he himself is tiny.

Gerbe was a later round pick that flourished at the college level which doesn't always translate to the NHL.

I love Gerbe's effort just don't know if he can overcome the size. I wouldn't totally count him out but I wouldn't count ON him being a star player.

Comment

Working...
                              X