PDA

View Full Version : Nobody Snatches Defeat from the Jaws of Victory...

Historian
11-15-2009, 02:40 PM
...Like Dancin' Dick and Buffalo Billdos!

Typ0
11-15-2009, 02:42 PM
who's going to be next is the question.

Night Train
11-15-2009, 02:43 PM
I can't believe he declined that penalty and let a strong legged kicker convert that FG for a 10 point lead.

He's the worst coach ever and will get fried in the press for that move.

Quick Ralph, extend him !

MikeInRoch
Your idea that the victory was ever there to lose is just an illusion.

Scumbag College
Dick not taking the third down holding and moving them out of FG range is just another example of how lousy he is. That's the season with that FG. **** dick.

THATHURMANATOR
WTF are you people talking about... We saved 4 points there. No way we stopped them.

Typ0
11-15-2009, 02:45 PM
I can't believe he declined that penalty and let a strong legged kicker convert that FG for a 10 point lead.

He's the worst coach ever and will get fried in the press for that move.

Quick Ralph, extend him !

He was trying to rival 4th and 2 on the 32.

DrGraves
11-15-2009, 02:45 PM
at least he will be fired today.. there is no way he has a job in an hour from now.

Historian
11-15-2009, 02:50 PM
That's Dick protecting his 10 point deficit.

JediMindPowers
11-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Your idea that the victory was ever there to lose is just an illusion.

Maybe not dude, but that is a HORRIBLE game day coaching decision.

Night Train
11-15-2009, 02:57 PM
at least he will be fired today.. there is no way he has a job in an hour from now.

I've read this same comment after each horrible loss for the last 3 years. He's still here.

EVentually, he will be fired and you can post " I called it " . :bf1:

Typ0
11-15-2009, 02:59 PM
That's Dick protecting his 10 point deficit.

I think he would rather have had the ball right then and there with a 7 point deficit.

Meathead
11-15-2009, 03:04 PM
wow

that call makes itself. in that situation you ALWAYS push the offense out of fg range. ALWAYS

you gotta so fire this dick

YardRat
11-15-2009, 03:05 PM

lol....nice moniker.

Historian
11-15-2009, 03:05 PM
I was really hoping Fisher would kick it onsides at 41-17 just to rub Dick's nose in it.

Nighthawk
11-15-2009, 03:06 PM

I'm happy...we are one step closer to getting a real HC and real GM in here to change this franchise around.

LooneyBin
11-15-2009, 03:18 PM
I can't imagine the old man not having a good reason to fire Jauron already.

Historian
11-15-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm happy...we are one step closer to getting a real HC and real GM in here to change this franchise around.

...or not.

helmetguy
11-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Jauron defines the "50-50-90 Rule." Give an idiot a 50-50 chance to make the right choice and he'll blow it 90% of the time.

Borosai
11-15-2009, 04:20 PM
The declined penalty was bad. Once again, his goal was to lose by less instead of winning the game. Another example of his football gimpiness was the indecision regarding the timeouts at the end of the first half. The defense didn't get the 3rd down stop, so it didn't really matter, but it just shows how lost the guy is on the sidelines. You either stop the clock to get the ball back, or you don't. He wasted about 20 seconds before thinking "Hmmm, maybe I should use my timeouts so we can get the ball back..."

Typ0
11-16-2009, 01:44 AM
Once again, his goal was to lose by less instead of winning the game.

Can't you just step back and see how your frustration is driving very poor analysis of a situation here? I'm not happy with DJ either but he's not a complete idiot either. He was not playing to lose by less he wanted to get the ball back right then and there and have a better chance to win. Also, if you take the penalty there it's impossible to tell if they will run or pass in that situation because our run defense has been horrible. If you take the penalty and they get a first down because of it the game is also over. I didn't like the choice he made but I do understand the logic...and the logic wasn't to lose by less.

Historian
11-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Keith, this is the worst gameday coach in the history of this team.

Worse than Bullough.

Worse than Stevenson.

Worse than Ringo.

Worse than Rauch.

Worse than (gulp) Gregg Williams!

That...is saying something.

Typ0
11-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Keith, this is the worst gameday coach in the history of this team.

But his objective is not to "minimize the points he loses by". He still wants to win he's just not getting it done.

Historian
11-16-2009, 11:36 AM
I truly believe that this guy thinks that losing by 10 is better than losing by 17.

His gameday decisions point to that.

Typ0
11-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I truly believe that this guy thinks that losing by 10 is better than losing by 17.

His gameday decisions point to that.

well I can see his logic about the call in question. Same kind of logic why BB went for it on 4th deep in his own territory last night and ended up losing. The only real difference is BB was trying to end the game on that play and DJ was just trying to get a chance to get back into the game. I really think he was worried they would get a first down because the defense was horrible against the run and they were on the field too much again. If they had gotten a first down the game was over just like the FG.

Do you also think BB plays not to lose?

LooneyBin
11-16-2009, 12:47 PM
well I can see his logic about the call in question. Same kind of logic why BB went for it on 4th deep in his own territory last night and ended up losing. The only real difference is BB was trying to end the game on that play and DJ was just trying to get a chance to get back into the game. I really think he was worried they would get a first down because the defense was horrible against the run and they were on the field too much again. If they had gotten a first down the game was over just like the FG.

Do you also think BB plays not to lose?
Belicheck coaches to win, but not punting the ball and forcing the colts offense to have to take more time to march down the field was just dumb.

Typ0
11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Belicheck coaches to win, but not punting the ball and forcing the colts offense to have to take more time to march down the field was just dumb.

You are entitled to your opinion. It wouldn't be the same if they had made it and the game was over there and PM never saw the ball again at all...