PDA

View Full Version : Time's up, Trent

Philagape
11-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Buh-bye. Complete failure. You now get my rage.

X-Era
11-15-2009, 02:50 PM

He didn't look horrible, and hes on a pathet8ic loser team from ownership down. But he has done nothing to tell us hes the answer either.

Bye, get your grocery list, its time to go shopping.

BILLSROCK1212
11-15-2009, 02:52 PM
yup, Trent is done...if he wasn't Fitz wouldn't be in

Philagape
11-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Start Hamdan. I'm serious.

jamesiscool
11-15-2009, 02:54 PM
hamdan cant hurt, what do we have to lose, honestly.

Novacane
11-15-2009, 02:55 PM
time to checkout captain checkdown :loser:

Philagape
11-15-2009, 02:56 PM
What would be really cool is if Dick himself played so his idiot head can get slammed into the turf repeatedly.

JediMindPowers
11-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Fitz is freakin' awful tho.

God, what a terrible, terrible QB situation Buffalo has.

Typ0
11-15-2009, 03:00 PM
I really thought TE was very aggressive today and tried hard to make plays. It was quite a bit different. He just got crushed but he didn't turn the ball over until that horrible INT. I think TE moved forward today not backwards.

JediMindPowers
11-15-2009, 03:02 PM
LOL AT FITZ....My God, what a joke.

jamesiscool
11-15-2009, 03:02 PM
I really thought TE was very aggressive today and tried hard to make plays. It was quite a bit different. He just got crushed but he didn't turn the ball over until that horrible INT. I think TE moved forward today not backwards.

..... if he moves forward a mile he's still light years behind that of a starting caliber QB in this league.

Typ0
11-15-2009, 03:05 PM
..... if he moves forward a mile he's still light years behind that of a starting caliber QB in this league.

Really? Put him on a team that has their act together and see what he does then. He's gotten about 15% support this game and was trying to still win in the 4th.

JediMindPowers
11-15-2009, 03:05 PM
If there is ONE GUY in the NFL who has a worse arm than Edwards it's Fitzpatrick....and Jauron pulled Edwards for Mr.Noodle Arm.

jamesiscool
11-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Really? Put him on a team that has their act together and see what he does then. He's gotten about 15% support this game and was trying to still win in the 4th.

he's cooked, useless and a waste of a roster space. not to say any other qb on this roaster worth a damn. at this stage in his career as a buffalo bill it isnt about "progressing" its about winning and captain checkdown isnt going to help us win. yes he threw the ball downfield more this game than he has in weeks past but its too little too late.

YardRat
11-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Edwards has regressed...even his good throws these days lack the effectiveness that they should have at this point in his career.

LooneyBin
11-15-2009, 03:10 PM

I thought he had a decent first half with nothing but pressure in his face on 3 step drops. To sum it up, outside of the int and bad decision to throw to owens on back to back plays, he had a decent game. I just think that the team's morality dropped right after the brilliant head coach decided to allow the titans to make it a 10 point lead.

Philagape
11-15-2009, 03:11 PM
The Buffalo Bills do not have a starting QB.

Or a head coach.

Or a front office.

well, heck, the Buffalo Bills just do not exist.

shelby
11-15-2009, 03:14 PM
i am done with Edwards. For the love of God, get me a real QB.

Mahdi
11-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Even on the deep balls he was off-target. Those should have been TDs to TO but he under-threw the passes and TO had to throttle down.

Edwards is a joke.

Lets drop the rest and give our next FO the best possible situation.

Typ0
11-15-2009, 03:16 PM
I loved the option play today and Vince Young. I think it won them the game. Maybe we need to go after Vick so we can compete with TEN.

X-Era
11-15-2009, 03:17 PM
I loved the option play today and Vince Young. I think it won them the game. Maybe we need to go after Vick so we can compete with TEN.
Some think a game managing QB is all we need (not you), I don't... as if Vick is even that at this point.

Typ0
11-15-2009, 03:18 PM
He was under pressure 98% of the time he dropped back. There wasn't one throw he made that he wasn't either rushed or all out on the run.

Even on the deep balls he was off-target. Those should have been TDs to TO but he under-threw the passes and TO had to throttle down.

Edwards is a joke.

Lets drop the rest and give our next FO the best possible situation.

LooneyBin
11-15-2009, 03:24 PM
He was under pressure 98% of the time he dropped back. There wasn't one throw he made that he wasn't either rushed or all out on the run.

This is true. Anyone watching the game could see it. I saw Edwards with guys in his face the whole day. Not to make excuses, but Edwards does not have great scrambling ability to keep plays alive when things break down.

Michael82
11-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Anytime Captain Checkdown made a good play today, he followed it off with another ****ty dumpoff or looked scared. He will NEVER be a good starting QB and I want him gone after the season!

Typ0
11-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Anytime Captain Checkdown made a good play today, he followed it off with another ****ty dumpoff or looked scared. He will NEVER be a good starting QB and I want him gone after the season!

Peyton Manning would have been captain checkdown today on our team.

justasportsfan
11-15-2009, 03:37 PM
nope. Peyton finds ways to get the ball to his recivers. He would've called his own plays.

Funny how when Fitz is in there the OL doesn't look as bad.

Philagape
11-15-2009, 03:42 PM

What lineman caused him to throw god-awful ducks on those two passes before the pick?

Philagape
11-15-2009, 03:44 PM

You're just as bad as the JPUFL worshippers were.

justasportsfan
11-15-2009, 03:45 PM
You're just as bad as the JPUFL worshippers were.
to think he was calling them idiots.

Who's a licker now?

djjimkelly
11-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Start Hamdan. I'm serious.

resign JP lol

Historian
11-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Even in garbage time, he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Historian
11-15-2009, 03:55 PM
The Buffalo Bills do not have a starting QB.

Fred Jackson looked pretty good back there.

:snicker:

Michael82
11-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Here's another example...compare the two bombs (One from Fred Jackson and one from Trent Edwards)

Jackson throws the pass to Evans in stride. Edwards threw it short and made Owens slow down to get it. Jackson's was a TD, Edwards' was NOT!

Philagape
11-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Here's another example...compare the two bombs (One from Fred Jackson and one from Trent Edwards)

Jackson throws the pass to Evans in stride. Edwards threw it short and made Owens slow down to get it. Jackson's was a TD, Edwards' was NOT!

Not the best example ... Evans could have been standing still and still scored.

Michael82
11-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Not the best example ... Evans could have been standing still and still scored.
True...but look back at many of Edwards bombs...he doesn't know how to hit the receiver in stride that much. He prefers to wait until they slow down or stop before he throws the ball. :ill:

Typ0
11-15-2009, 04:18 PM
nope. Peyton finds ways to get the ball to his recivers. He would've called his own plays.

Funny how when Fitz is in there the OL doesn't look as bad.

Funny how when Fitz was in there everyone looked worse.

justasportsfan
11-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Funny how when Fitz was in there everyone looked worse.
lol.

Yeah everyone sure looked better against a crappy titans and browns .

thats almost as funny as Dick building a winning culture here.

Mahdi
11-15-2009, 04:40 PM
He sat in the pocket thinking many times and got pressured as a result. This kid has no idea what he is doing. He is not a playmaker, and he make the tough throws (missed the 20 yard out TWICE IN A ROW) and is not mentally tough or have the demeanor you want from the Qb (Leader).

Mahdi
11-15-2009, 04:42 PM
No. Peyton would have hit TO for 2 TDs in the first half easy. TO is frustrated as heck because Trent is a WRs worst nightmare.

HHURRICANE
11-15-2009, 05:23 PM

Wow, I was thinking the o-line lost us this game, not Edwards. I'm kind of tired of hearing that it's Edwards fault when he was obviously not the problem today.

Philagape
11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Wow, I was thinking the o-line lost us this game, not Edwards. I'm kind of tired of hearing that it's Edwards fault when he was obviously not the problem today.

For the XXXth time, there is no THE problem.

There are many problems.

Edwards is one of them.

He has been all season.

He has done nothing to deserve anything other than bashing.

sdbillsfan2
11-15-2009, 05:32 PM

Really? Where is the mental toughness? Where is the leadership ability ? Where is the physical durability? Those things can't be taught. Even the best O-line can provide them and the best OC can't wave a magic wand and give him those.

imbondz
11-15-2009, 06:01 PM
the OLine is so bad, the play calling is worse. the QB is the least of our problems.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Competent QB makes a lot of problems go away.

The problem is the QB is incompetent, the O-line is incompetent, the WRs as a unit are incompetent and the tight ends are incompetent.

That doesn't even touch on the defense who starts off fine but then gets exposed because they're on the field for way too damn long.

Borosai
11-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Edwards isn't a playmaker, so he can't make up for any other problems. If he were on a good team, he would be a game manager. On a bad team he makes no difference.

But yeah, it was frustrating watching him make no difference whatsoever. The Bills need more than that from the QB.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Edwards isn't a playmaker, so he can't make up for any other problems. If he were on a good team, he would be a game manager. On a bad team he makes no difference.

But yeah, it was frustrating watching him make no difference whatsoever. The Bills need more than that from the QB.

He wouldn't even be a game manager. He's a clipboard holder. At best.

HHURRICANE
11-15-2009, 07:01 PM

You make a good point but you don't think Edwards would be at least above average with a good line?

Plenty of teams make the playoffs, and win championships with good QBs, not necessarily great ones. No teams do it with a ****ty o-line.

You want the guy to do stuff we didn't bring him in here to do. This is exactly why our front office sucks.

Honestly we should have signed Vick and made Edwards sit on the bench this year.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2009, 07:01 PM
You make a good point but you don't think Edwards would be at least above average with a good line?

Plenty of teams make the playoffs, and win championships with good QBs, not necessarily great ones. No teams do it with a ****ty o-line.

You want the guy to do stuff we didn't bring him in here to do. This is exactly why our front office sucks.

Honestly we should have signed Vick and made Edwards sit on the bench this year.

Edwards fears Kelly Holcomb.

sdbillsfan2
11-15-2009, 07:57 PM
"I think that every week, like Coach Jauron says, every week is a tough test and every week gets more and more important as we go later into the season," Edwards said. "If this team wants to go where we want to go, we are going to have to come out strong and come out and play the way we need to play. We have had two weeks to prepare for it, and it is going to be a big test for us."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/notes.htm

This whole team top to bottom failed the tough test against those killer 2-5 Titans. But Trent doesn't no much to help a bad situation from getting worse.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 07:59 PM
FU Edwards
FU Fitz
FU Jauron
FU Owens
FU OL

Philagape
11-15-2009, 08:04 PM

Not anymore.
He's lost any ability he had to read defenses and make intermediate throws. Those are both on him.
If he needs perfect conditions to not suck, he's worthless.

yordad
11-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Buh-bye. Complete failure. You now get my rage.But he looks so poised!!

Philagape
11-15-2009, 08:20 PM
But he looks so poised!!

He did at the time. Still the right call between the choices then.

jamze132
11-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Any owner who gave a flying **** about winning would fire everyone of these jackasses in OBD that make decisions that lead to a QB situation like we have.

Sadly, our QB situation is just another problem of many units within this team.

OBD - Worst front office in the NFL. Period.

sdbillsfan2
11-15-2009, 09:22 PM
The really sad part is , Wonderboy TE , had a sub par day against the 32nd rated pass defense in the league. They don't come any easier Trent you loser. We continue to make the worst teams look good.

Borosai
11-16-2009, 12:09 AM

It hard to say at this point. Not too long ago I thought he could be a solution. Not so much a star, but a guy who could come in and lead the team down the field. Now, he has lost that poise. If he feels any pressure, he gets instant happy feet and immediately looks for the RB. He seems to lack the confidence required to make the tough throws that win games. Worst of all, he buys into Jauron's crap. With protection, I'm sure he would relax a bit and be more accurate. But I just don't see a game changer in him.

Michael82
11-16-2009, 12:20 AM
:rofl: I'm sorry, but I am sick and tired of that excuse. Even when the piece of **** has time, his passes suck. Hell, I continue to look at the bomb to TO where he made TO almost come to a complete stop before he caught the pass. A good QB throws the ball ahead of TO and hits him in stride. A good QB would have gotten a TD there. Plus the OL excuse doesn't fly for me anymore because I watched the Packers a couple times this season now and their OL is worse than ours! The only difference is...Rodgers knows how to move around in the pocket and can throw the intermediate stuff.

Typ0
11-16-2009, 04:37 AM
True...but look back at many of Edwards bombs...he doesn't know how to hit the receiver in stride that much. He prefers to wait until they slow down or stop before he throws the ball. :ill:

yeah, and Jacksons was a gadget play where the receiver was wide open and he had zero persuit on him. Just about every time the ball was snapped yesterday TE was immediately on the run. I'm not going to post in this thread any more because I don't want to come off like I'm just defending Edwards. I'm not happy with his performance at all but I'm trying to look at it reasonably. Yesterday was the worst pass defense I've seen this team have since I can remember. RF didn't get put in because he was better...he got put in because TE was getting killed out there and he's our starting QB. I called it earlier in the week that TEN was going to beat the snot out of us and they did. And I was happy to see TE actually doing things back there to combat the rush he's had real problems with that. So he was doing something but that got overshadowed by how bad things really were for him yesterday. If he can keep doing those positive things he's got a better chance of being successsful...that and getting rid of that idiot TO.

Typ0
11-16-2009, 04:40 AM
:rofl: I'm sorry, but I am sick and tired of that excuse. Even when the piece of **** has time, his passes suck. Hell, I continue to look at the bomb to TO where he made TO almost come to a complete stop before he caught the pass. A good QB throws the ball ahead of TO and hits him in stride. A good QB would have gotten a TD there. Plus the OL excuse doesn't fly for me anymore because I watched the Packers a couple times this season now and their OL is worse than ours! The only difference is...Rodgers knows how to move around in the pocket and can throw the intermediate stuff.

You must have only watched the GB games against crappy teams ...

yordad
11-16-2009, 07:48 AM
You must have only watched the GB games against crappy teams ...You must have watched none. Heck, I only watched the Vikings games, and Rogers looked WAY better then our QBs in those 2 games (both losses). And the Vikings D is pretty darn good.