• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Question about the ******ed call today

I was at the game, and I could not believe Juron did not accept the 10 yard penalty that would have moved the Titans out of field goal range. Did you all immediately know it was ******ed or did you think eh, maybe he'll miss?

It doesn't even compute in any way how you would come to the conclusion that it's a good idea to let them try a FG.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

• imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Question about the ******ed call today

I thought I was taking crazy pills.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Bad decision. Bironas is a known long-range kicker.

Comment

• Syderick
        • Apr 2006

I don't think it matter. I was thinking that if it was 3rd and 20 they just screen pass to Chris Johnson for 15 yards.
        3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

We play for 47 yard field goals and it's poor coaching because it's not a makeable kick.

We make the opposition kick 52 yard field goals and it's poor coaching because it is a makeable kick.

I love how people on this board love to play both sides of everything to try and prove that Jauron has no idea what he's doing.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by syd1364
            I don't think it matter. I was thinking that if it was 3rd and 20 they just screen pass to Chris Johnson for 15 yards.

I've read this post 3 times and it's still ridiculous. Only losers give up. Make them run the play. That was a gutless call from a gutless coach.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
              • Jul 2009

It was stupid.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

I love how people on this board love to play both sides of everything to try and prove that Jauron has no idea what he's doing.

There is no need to prove Jauron has no idea what he's doing. He has very clearly already proven that.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

CW says you push them back and make them earn it.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

We play for 47 yard field goals and it's poor coaching because it's not a makeable kick.

We make the opposition kick 52 yard field goals and it's poor coaching because it is a makeable kick.

when jauron plays for a 47 yard kick in windy conditions with plenty of time to move the ball futher, that's bad coaching.

When you let the opposition try a 51 yard field goal with no real wind and knowing he just tried a 60 yarder and missed by 5 yards, it's stupid to think that's out of his range.

Please use the actual situations and realize he choose the wrong answer, both times.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

No people just ***** for the sake of *****ing.

If the plays are executed no one would *****.

If Bironas misses that kick no one *****es the hold was declined.

If Lindell makes the kick vs Cleveland no one *****es that we didn't gain a couple more yards.

Do you really think that the Titans don't pick up 7-10 yards and kick the FG anyways? Because our defense is so awesome you can totally see them not giving up the yardage, right?

Here's why he declined the penalty. This team is flat out garbage. The Titans are either A. are picking back up the penalty yards and kicking anyways or B. They're picking up the first down and running more clock down and kicking a FG with even less time left or C. They're going in the endzone.

It was a time conservation move generated by the coach who flat out knows we weren't stopping them on the field from scoring points.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

I liked the call to decline the penalty. I give credit to the kicker for hitting the 50 yarder. Easy to second guess now. And they ate up a LOT of yardage on us all day.

Comment

• imbondz
                          Democrats are people too
                          • Jan 2003

but I didn't 2nd guess Chern, I thought as it was happening and before the kick went thru that it was ******ed.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I thought it was a bad call at the time, and still do. As Hist said, push them back 10 yards and go on from there.

Granted, if Bironas would've missed or some other miscue by Tennessee would have left them pointless it would have been perceived as a great call. But, as we all know after watching the last 3-1/2 seasons, things just work out that way for Jauron.

The man is like JP Losman with a headset...zero in the intangibles department, no 'feel' for the game.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Dude. Kicking, and missing, 47 yards field goals on 2nd down with time left in bad weather is poor coaching cuz it is stupid. Not because the kick was impossible.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍