PDA

View Full Version : 3-5 Years Away from being a competitive team

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Sadly, that is only if they get the right coaches in this place. Otherwise it'll be more like 10 years. There are multiple holes. Patching won't do it. We are years away from being a good team. Very depressing.

NO QB
NO OL
NO COACHING
NO RECEIVERS
NO LB'ERS
NO DL

And our strengths aren't strong more like average in running game and secondary.

Just keep drinking, it will be a few years.

T-Long
11-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Sadly, that is only if they get the right coaches in this place. Otherwise it'll be more like 10 years. There are multiple holes. Patching won't do it. We are years away from being a good team. Very depressing.

NO QB
NO OL
NO COACHING
NO RECEIVERS
NO LB'ERS
NO DL

And our strengths aren't strong more like average in running game and secondary.

See the 2008 Miami Dolphins.

imbondz
11-15-2009, 07:59 PM
I've never felt less hope in the Bills being good! Wooh!

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 08:02 PM
See the 2008 Miami Dolphins.

The 2008 Dolphins would crush us. Be serious. We stink. They'd run the ball for 60 straight plays and win 12-3

TigerJ
11-15-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm not worrying about timetables to a championship. I just want to see the Bills bottom out and put together a foundation for beginning to win again. Then I'll start worrying about timetables.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm not worrying about timetables to a championship. I just want to see the Bills bottom out and put together a foundation for beginning to win again. Then I'll start worrying about timetables.

Whose talking about championships, I'm talking about playoffs via wild card, backdoor entrance

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 08:05 PM
I feel bad for the old members like Jan, they'll be dead before we win 10 games in a season.

imbondz
11-15-2009, 08:06 PM

but we say this every every every every every year. every year I think we're building a solid team for the future. and this is what we get.

Owen DeBoard
11-15-2009, 08:24 PM
but we say this every every every every every year. every year I think we're building a solid team for the future. and this is what we get.
Yep thanks to drafting the Whitners McKelvins and the Maybins .........

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2009, 08:33 PM
we are 1 good coach away from making the playoffs

WeAreArthurMoates
11-15-2009, 08:49 PM
We have the receivers and DL but our coaches are not using them correctly, lber can be easily fixed. Coach and qb is killing us. I blame the coaching staff for the o line nightmare. Russ Grimm 2010

Mr. Pink
11-15-2009, 08:54 PM
This team lost to the Cleveland Browns, a Cleveland Browns team that thus far this year has looked worse than the 1999 Expansion Browns.

The 1999 Cleveland Browns would beat this team.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Hell, the 1985 Buffalo Bills would beat this team.

It would probably end 2-0.

sdbillsfan2
11-15-2009, 09:01 PM
I feel bad for the old members like Jan, they'll be dead before we win 10 games in a season.

lol OUCH !!!!! Not feeling well these days Jan ? We old timers got to stick together. Don't feel bad for us BB83 We actually saw championships in Buffalo ...WAYYYYYYYYYYYY back when .. lol But thanks for the concern .We'll be around awhile yet ..don't rush us !

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-15-2009, 09:03 PM
3-5 years away?

Hell, we can kill of a couple more QBs and an head coach in that time!

DRAFT A DB!!! YEAH!

Nighthawk
11-15-2009, 09:06 PM
It all depends who the next regime is...great coaches make players better.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 09:09 PM
It all depends who the next regime is...great coaches make players better.

Do you trust this FO to choose the right coach. Look at the track record. Levy was overrated too, he had the players that won despite him. We haven't had a good coach in decades

Nighthawk
11-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Do you trust this FO to choose the right coach. Look at the track record. Levy was overrated too, he had the players that won despite him. We haven't had a good coach in decades

I know...but you've got to have some hope. That's all I got!

Mr. Pink
11-15-2009, 09:12 PM
:rofl:

Vince Lombardi himself wouldn't coach this team to the playoffs.

Nighthawk
11-15-2009, 09:14 PM
:rofl:

Vince Lombardi himself wouldn't coach this team to the playoffs.

Yeah, you're right...then explain to me why they're good enough to keep games close...of course, I'm sure you have some bulls**t that you'll spew.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah, you're right...then explain to me why they're good enough to keep games close...of course, I'm sure you have some bulls**t that you'll spew.

Did you just admit that Dick does a good job of gameplanning?!?

OMG. I'm gonna save that comment.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2009, 09:17 PM

You tell me which game this season the coaching cost a W.

Patriots? Nope.

Browns? Nope.

Titans? Nope.

Dolphins? Nope.

Saints? Nope.

Nighthawk
11-15-2009, 09:18 PM

Patriots? Nope.

Browns? Nope.

Titans? Nope.

Dolphins? Nope.

Saints? Nope.

All I can say is that you still don't have a clue and never have. That's really all that needs to be said.

Nighthawk
11-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Did you just admit that Dick does a good job of gameplanning?!?

OMG. I'm gonna save that comment.

No, the talent is not terrible...not great, but not as bad as you like to make it seem. Better coaching and it would improve this team.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2009, 09:20 PM

Patriots? Nope.

Browns? Nope.

Titans? Nope.

Dolphins? Nope.

Saints? Nope.
coaching lost us the whole year ***hole. they're the reason this somewhat talented team looks like shiiiit

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Saints game- Better coaching would have balls to go for it on that 4th down

Better coaching would have tried putting teams away instead of being conservative and trying to win safe

Better coaching leads to better playcalling which lead to better results. Better coaching def would led us over Browns

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 09:23 PM
better coaching leads to closing out games and not making key mistkes to cost us games. our players are chicken **** scared just like our leadr/coach

malo
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM

Patriots? Nope.

Browns? Nope.

Titans? Nope.

Dolphins? Nope.

Saints? Nope.
Decisions or preparation?

Mr. Pink
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
No, the talent is not terrible...not great, but not as bad as you like to make it seem. Better coaching and it would improve this team.

It's not?

We have no QB, no O-line, no pass rush, terrible lb'ing, weak secondary outside of Byrd.

One WR who can only run streaks and another who flat out gives up on plays because he's a hasbeen.

A kicker who can't make any clutch kicks.

Outside of Byrd, we have not ONE player who's anywhere near All-Pro level.

The best player this franchise has had the past decade and is the Bills team MVP of the past 10 years is a punter.

That's all that needs to be said about the talent level.

You claim better coaching would win more games, which of the 5 losses we had would better coaching have us win? You can have the greatest coach in the history of professional football but it doesn't matter if the players on the field flat out cannot execute.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Saints game- Better coaching would have balls to go for it on that 4th down

Better coaching would have tried putting teams away instead of being conservative and trying to win safe

Better coaching leads to better playcalling which lead to better results. Better coaching def would led us over Browns

Poor QBing dooms any team on any given Sunday.

Poor ball security dooms any team on any given Sunday.

The above cost the Bills the Browns game, not coaching.

djjimkelly
11-15-2009, 09:54 PM
I've never felt less hope in the Bills being good! Wooh!

im actually starting to get right pumped for the 2010 season

we will be drafting top 10 with a new HC and a boatload of qbs in the draft that are top prospects

we just hope we get a non loser HC and get the right qb

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 09:58 PM
The QB class isn't that great.

BillsWin
11-15-2009, 10:12 PM

NO QB
NO OL
NO COACHING
NO RECEIVERS
NO LB'ERS
NO DL

A good front office could take what talent we have and turn this ship wreck around in a year, maybe two tops. There is a nice core of players in Buffalo. However there is little in the way of progress going on at the moment.

dmosher12
11-15-2009, 11:40 PM
dick is a problem, but the FO and talent evaluators are a much bigger problem.

THATHURMANATOR
11-16-2009, 12:02 AM
I can't argue too much with the start of this thread. Teams can turn it around faster but I don't have any confidence in this ownership/management group.

At least the Sabres look good!

Oaf
11-16-2009, 12:10 AM
I feel bad for young members like you, who know very little.

Night Train
11-16-2009, 04:50 AM
IF..and that's a BIG if...the Bills actually hired a competent GM/Coach who could ID a QB, it could turn around in about 2 years. The present schemes are terrible and not a true reflection on the talent.

I don't think Indy could win 4 games with this coaching staff. No direction at all.

YardRat
11-16-2009, 05:14 AM
Two seasons, tops. Book it.

Historian
11-16-2009, 07:00 AM
I don't think they're that far off, talent-wise.

The problem is the old man.

He simply won't pay to bring in the right coaches and football men to compete.

A Parcells type has this team over .500 next year.

don137
11-16-2009, 07:22 AM
I don't think the Bills are that far off. They do need a QB. I would say they need a LT. The rest of the OL just needs to mature and gel. If Hardy can develop and Jackson step in next year I think they are OK offensively.
I do not like the LBs. Not any of them are anything more than average. I am nervous about Maybin. I am not saying he will be a bust but he has shown nothing at all this year.
Secondary is good. Whitner is officially a bust. He should be on the bench.

No team has no weaknesses so if they have a decent QB, coaching staff and management this team could make the playoffs next year. Look at the Falcons. They sucked and got Matt Ryan and Turner and are a playoff caliber team. The same could happen to the Bills....Not counting on it with RW as owner though.

Mr. Pink
11-16-2009, 08:23 AM
This team is literally 5-7 years away.

There is so many holes, so much dead weight it cannot be fixed anytime soon.

There needs to be a major overhaul to this roster.

I'm talking like 30+ guys who need to be jettisoned, cut, traded, forced into retirement, whatever.

The core of the team itself is weak on top of that.

I feel bad for whoever is the next coach of this team, he'll be run out of town in 2 years.

Cleve
11-16-2009, 08:40 AM

This team has been 'rebuilding' for more than 10 years now. That's the usual excuse the Marv Levys of 1 Bills Drive profer for the team's squalid game day performance.

Oldbillsfan
11-16-2009, 10:18 AM
I think if Buffalo has a new owner and front office some tip tier free agents would come play for them. 1 or 2 seasons and a decent Qb away from a playoff team.

Mahdi
11-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Yer always 1 year away from success in the NFL. There is no such thing as being guaranteed failure for an extended period of time no matter what the situation.

Nighthawk
11-16-2009, 12:18 PM
This team is literally 5-7 years away.

There is so many holes, so much dead weight it cannot be fixed anytime soon.

There needs to be a major overhaul to this roster.

I'm talking like 30+ guys who need to be jettisoned, cut, traded, forced into retirement, whatever.

The core of the team itself is weak on top of that.

I feel bad for whoever is the next coach of this team, he'll be run out of town in 2 years.

Ha, ha, ha...you're ridiculous.