That declined penalty costed us the game but lets not forget the 3rd and 1 qb sneak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Owen DeBoard
    • Sep 2007

That declined penalty costed us the game but lets not forget the 3rd and 1 qb sneak

The play calling never seams to amaze me. How can you call a qb sneak on 3rd and 1 instead of giving it to Fred Jackson? Well then we got a coaching staff that always does the exact opposite than what should be done.
    To be the man you got to beat the man!
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: That declined penalty costed us the game but lets not forget the 3rd and 1 qb sneak

sounds like jauron is leaving the edwards express. it sounds like the WR's are in full revolt of edwards, but then they didn't perform or try much harder for Fitz.

i still think edwards is here next year. i don't see fitz staying with a $mm+ contract. i have no idea who the challenger is going to be. but watching bell leave, watching levtre just get walked over, watching wood take a couple stupid penalties, this team has a way to go with its' oline.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Re: That declined penalty costed us the game but lets not forget the 3rd and 1 qb sneak

how about the 3rd and 14 conversion the D allowed before that final FG? Or the penalty on ST that put our O in the hole and allowed Tennessee to score early in the game.

Declining the penalty was the final straw, but it was only one of many ridiculous mistakes.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        • May 2009

this coaching staff lost us the season.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
          this coaching staff lost us the season.
          Not just this season but the previous 3 seasons also.

Comment

• LooneyBin
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Owen DeBoard
            The play calling never seams to amaze me. How can you call a qb sneak on 3rd and 1 instead of giving it to Fred Jackson? Well then we got a coaching staff that always does the exact opposite than what should be done.
            And if jackson lost yardage on the call? What then? It is then a dumb call. Qb sneak probably is one of the safest plays for short yardage. The play was not the problem. The qb did not get low enough.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by LooneyBin
              And if jackson lost yardage on the call? What then? It is then a dumb call. Qb sneak probably is one of the safest plays for short yardage. The play was not the problem. The qb did not get low enough.
              I guess well never know with Jackson will we? How often has this team picked up a first down qb sneaking it? I cant remember the last time they did. Jackson was playing good all game and breaking quite a few tackles along the way.

Comment

• T-Long
                Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                • Sep 2003

I have no problems with a QB sneak on 3rd and 1. That's the most successful play to run in that situation. But, the issue I have is the fact that it looked like 1 1/2-2 yards to go for the first down. It was at LEAST a full yard or maybe more. Anyways, you gotta trust your line to get you a damn yard-yard 1/2.

I think the coaching staff sucks just as you all do, but that play call doesn't bother me at all. It's the fact that Trent looked like a little girl in there is what bothers me.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                  • Sep 2007

I also forgot old Dickey was gonna be content with taking 3 timeouts into the half with them when we had the Titans inside the 10 and the D gave up a long 3rd down before the half too where we could have had the ball in good field position to at least kick a field goal if we would have stopped them.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by T-Long
                    I have no problems with a QB sneak on 3rd and 1. That's the most successful play to run in that situation. But, the issue I have is the fact that it looked like 1 1/2-2 yards to go for the first down. It was at LEAST a full yard or maybe more. Anyways, you gotta trust your line to get you a damn yard-yard 1/2.

I think the coaching staff sucks just as you all do, but that play call doesn't bother me at all. It's the fact that Trent looked like a little girl in there is what bothers me.
                    My point exactly Trent is a pussie so why would you let him try to get the first down. They should have handed it off to either Lynch or Jackson right up the middle.

Comment

• LooneyBin
                      • Sep 2008

I guess well never know with Jackson will we? How often has this team picked up a first down qb sneaking it? I cant remember the last time they did. Jackson was playing good all game and breaking quite a few tackles along the way.
                      So far this season I believe Trent had converted on all of them except this one.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by LooneyBin
                        So far this season I believe Trent had converted on all of them except this one.
                        I have to disagree with you on this one I know for a fact that he didnt convert on another try and I think it was against the Pats earlier in the year. I wish there was a way to check that.

Comment

• LooneyBin
                          • Sep 2008

I have to disagree with you on this one I know for a fact that he didnt convert on another try and I think it was against the Pats earlier in the year. I wish there was a way to check that.
                          You could be right. You'd have to go back and check play by play.

Comment

• starrymessenger
                            • Oct 2009

In his post game comments DJ says that the Bills had been having some success with QB sneaks on third down conversions. What he forgot was that Ryan Fitzpatrick, a better running threat than Trent, was the QB on two such successful conversions (2 for 2).

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Re: That declined penalty costed us the game but lets not forget the 3rd and 1 qb sne

Not just this season but the previous 3 seasons also.
                              I blame Dick for all of the misery since the glory years. The franchise subconsciously knew he was coming.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X