PDA

View Full Version : That declined penalty costed us the game but lets not forget the 3rd and 1 qb sneak

Owen DeBoard
11-15-2009, 08:29 PM
The play calling never seams to amaze me. How can you call a qb sneak on 3rd and 1 instead of giving it to Fred Jackson? Well then we got a coaching staff that always does the exact opposite than what should be done.

trapezeus
11-15-2009, 08:37 PM
sounds like jauron is leaving the edwards express. it sounds like the WR's are in full revolt of edwards, but then they didn't perform or try much harder for Fitz.

i still think edwards is here next year. i don't see fitz staying with a $mm+ contract. i have no idea who the challenger is going to be. but watching bell leave, watching levtre just get walked over, watching wood take a couple stupid penalties, this team has a way to go with its' oline.

OpIv37
11-15-2009, 08:42 PM
how about the 3rd and 14 conversion the D allowed before that final FG? Or the penalty on ST that put our O in the hole and allowed Tennessee to score early in the game.

Declining the penalty was the final straw, but it was only one of many ridiculous mistakes.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2009, 08:50 PM
this coaching staff lost us the season.

Owen DeBoard
11-15-2009, 08:55 PM
this coaching staff lost us the season.
Not just this season but the previous 3 seasons also.

LooneyBin
11-15-2009, 08:59 PM
The play calling never seams to amaze me. How can you call a qb sneak on 3rd and 1 instead of giving it to Fred Jackson? Well then we got a coaching staff that always does the exact opposite than what should be done.

And if jackson lost yardage on the call? What then? It is then a dumb call. Qb sneak probably is one of the safest plays for short yardage. The play was not the problem. The qb did not get low enough.

Owen DeBoard
11-15-2009, 09:01 PM
And if jackson lost yardage on the call? What then? It is then a dumb call. Qb sneak probably is one of the safest plays for short yardage. The play was not the problem. The qb did not get low enough.
I guess well never know with Jackson will we? How often has this team picked up a first down qb sneaking it? I cant remember the last time they did. Jackson was playing good all game and breaking quite a few tackles along the way.

T-Long
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I have no problems with a QB sneak on 3rd and 1. That's the most successful play to run in that situation. But, the issue I have is the fact that it looked like 1 1/2-2 yards to go for the first down. It was at LEAST a full yard or maybe more. Anyways, you gotta trust your line to get you a damn yard-yard 1/2.

I think the coaching staff sucks just as you all do, but that play call doesn't bother me at all. It's the fact that Trent looked like a little girl in there is what bothers me.

Owen DeBoard
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I also forgot old Dickey was gonna be content with taking 3 timeouts into the half with them when we had the Titans inside the 10 and the D gave up a long 3rd down before the half too where we could have had the ball in good field position to at least kick a field goal if we would have stopped them.

Owen DeBoard
11-15-2009, 09:06 PM
I have no problems with a QB sneak on 3rd and 1. That's the most successful play to run in that situation. But, the issue I have is the fact that it looked like 1 1/2-2 yards to go for the first down. It was at LEAST a full yard or maybe more. Anyways, you gotta trust your line to get you a damn yard-yard 1/2.

I think the coaching staff sucks just as you all do, but that play call doesn't bother me at all. It's the fact that Trent looked like a little girl in there is what bothers me.
My point exactly Trent is a pussie so why would you let him try to get the first down. They should have handed it off to either Lynch or Jackson right up the middle.

LooneyBin
11-15-2009, 09:07 PM
I guess well never know with Jackson will we? How often has this team picked up a first down qb sneaking it? I cant remember the last time they did. Jackson was playing good all game and breaking quite a few tackles along the way.

So far this season I believe Trent had converted on all of them except this one.

Owen DeBoard
11-15-2009, 09:10 PM
So far this season I believe Trent had converted on all of them except this one.
I have to disagree with you on this one I know for a fact that he didnt convert on another try and I think it was against the Pats earlier in the year. I wish there was a way to check that.

LooneyBin
11-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I have to disagree with you on this one I know for a fact that he didnt convert on another try and I think it was against the Pats earlier in the year. I wish there was a way to check that.

You could be right. You'd have to go back and check play by play.

starrymessenger
11-15-2009, 10:56 PM
In his post game comments DJ says that the Bills had been having some success with QB sneaks on third down conversions. What he forgot was that Ryan Fitzpatrick, a better running threat than Trent, was the QB on two such successful conversions (2 for 2).

Philagape
11-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Not just this season but the previous 3 seasons also.

I blame Dick for all of the misery since the glory years. The franchise subconsciously knew he was coming.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-15-2009, 11:22 PM
It was more like 3rd and 2... Boo that Man.

LtFinFan66
11-16-2009, 03:27 AM
The play calling never seams to amaze me. How can you call a qb sneak on 3rd and 1 instead of giving it to Fred Jackson? Well then we got a coaching staff that always does the exact opposite than what should be done.QB sneaks are used on 3rd and 1 all over the NFL

Owen DeBoard
11-16-2009, 04:04 AM
QB sneaks are used on 3rd and 1 all over the NFL
Yeah I realize that and most teams convert except for this ****ty team

Beastie Bills
11-16-2009, 08:45 AM

We should have given it to Lynch.

Cleve
11-16-2009, 08:51 AM
it sounds like the WR's are in full revolt of edwards

You think we're back to the days of the Bickering Bills? It wouldn't surprise me - that's about the only path open for this team to get even worse then they are now.

yordad
11-16-2009, 09:05 AM
3rd and less then a yard has QB sneak written all over it. Third and closer to 2 should have had Lynch's name all over it.