PDA

View Full Version : Let's have some fun..

T-Long
11-15-2009, 08:34 PM
As of tonight, we will be picking 7th in the 2010 draft. I am going to fill in the first 6 spots, you give me the Bills pick at 7 based on who is already gone.

1. CLE: Jake Locker QB Washington
2. DET: Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State
3. STL: Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
4. KC: Eric Berry S Tennessee
5. TB: NDamukong Suh DT Nebraska
6: OAK: Taylor Mays S USC
7. BUF: ?

I know most may pick Jimmy Claussen here, but for this thread, we're pretending he is staying another year at ND.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2009, 09:00 PM
One of two guys...

Colt McCoy QB Tex

Trent Williams OT Okla

BillsWin
11-15-2009, 09:06 PM
I dont like Clausen, but according to many draft experts he would be a steal at seven. To be honest, I think Bradford will slip to seven and Clausen will go earlier. Bradford is my pick all the way...

Nighthawk
11-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I dont like Clausen, but according to many draft experts he would be a steal at seven. To be honest, I think Bradford will slip to seven and Clausen will go earlier. Bradford is my pick all the way...

I don't know if Bradford has the arm for the Buffalo weather and I'm not sure he is tough enough. I don't want another guy who gets hurt easily and doesn't have a strong arm.

DraftBoy
11-15-2009, 09:21 PM
WR Dez Bryant

T-Long
11-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Bradford is already off the board! Make your pick!

BillsWin
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Clausen then T-Long. we need a franchise quarterback, and if we pass up on one again, I will hurt someone.

Demon
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Colt McCoy or Rolando McClain.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 09:26 PM
locker isn't going 1 lol

BillsWin
11-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Well Night Hawk, Bradford's arm strength is just fine. especially after he added some weight this past off season. Durability is always an issue with a QB coming off two shoulder surgeries. but just wait, he will be a star and weather affecting his arm will be of no moment.

BillsWin
11-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Excuse me. two shoulder injuries, one surgery.

k-oneputt
11-15-2009, 09:31 PM
WR Dez Bryant

Just what we need a wr. Have you been watching this team for the last decade?

Qb, ot, dt, lb.

T-Long
11-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Clausen then T-Long. we need a franchise quarterback, and if we pass up on one again, I will hurt someone.
Dude, you are killing me. Did you not read my initial post? I said NO picking Claussen.

BillsWin
11-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Dude, you are killing me. Did you not read my initial post? I said NO picking Claussen.

Ah. Dez Bryant.

BillsWin
11-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Game changer, play maker, would help a young QB develop. He's a steal at 7 in my opinion. Dez Bryant is my pick, if I can't have a franchise QB. Maybe a left tackle there.

bigbub2352
11-15-2009, 10:14 PM
I really like Clausen, and i think Bryant is a huge prospect with tons of talent, but i think we have invested alot on skill players to much lately and need to get our franchise QB
If Clausen were to come out that is who i would be shooting for
If not i would take next best QB available maybe Tebow

BillsWin
11-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Sorry T-Long, I was updating from my phone. Didn't catch the "Clausen Clause." lol

BillsWin
11-15-2009, 10:16 PM
I really like Clausen, and i think Bryant is a huge prospect with tons of talent, but i think we have invested alot on skill players to much lately and need to get our franchise QB
If Clausen were to come out that is who i would be shooting for
If not i would take next best QB available maybe Tebow

You had me going, and then said Tebow.

TEBOW IS NOT GOING TO BE AN NFL QUARTERBACK!!!!!

Maybe a gimic QB in the wild cat, but come on people! He's make a better tightend prospect or H-back option.

But there is no convincing people. So we will all just have to wait until he falls on his ass in the NFL.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2009, 10:21 PM
where is tony pike figured to go?

BillsWin
11-15-2009, 10:23 PM
where is tony pike figured to go?

I think he is the top senior prospect at the moment, but is predicted to go after the big three. (Bradford, Locker and Clausen.)

So second half of round one, or second round.

But his draft stock is waning slightly.

DraftBoy
11-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Just what we need a wr. Have you been watching this team for the last decade?

Qb, ot, dt, lb.

Nope.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2009, 10:27 PM
out of all the senoirs, i like tony pike as far as a qb. i can't really decide who i would want the bills to pick there.

TacklingDummy
11-15-2009, 10:37 PM
As of tonight, we will be picking 7th in the 2010 draft. I am going to fill in the first 6 spots, you give me the Bills pick at 7 based on who is already gone.

I know most may pick Jimmy Claussen here, but for this thread, we're pretending he is staying another year at ND.

# Joe Haden*, Florida, CB
Height: 5-11. Weight: 185.
Projected 40 Time: 4.43.
Projected Round (2010): Top 15 Pick.
3/7/09: Replaced Donovan Warren as the top 2011 cornerback prospect. Joe Haden, qualifying for the All-SEC Second Team, broke up an amazing 12 passes. He also had 87 tackles and three interceptions.

8/5/08: Started all but one game as a true freshman. Joe Haden broke up 12 passes and managed 63 tackles.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-15-2009, 11:11 PM

And you thinkk LOcker will go to the NFL your got it backwards Locker Will stay 1 more year

elltrain22
11-16-2009, 05:12 AM
I'll take Jimmy Claussen or Colt McCoy

ddaryl
11-16-2009, 05:30 AM
sad thing is the funnest part of Bills season is the offseason

YardRat
11-16-2009, 05:32 AM
DT Gerald McCoy or DE Carlos Dunlap.

Yasgur's Farm
11-16-2009, 05:43 AM
DT Terrence Cody 6-5 365

X-Era
11-16-2009, 06:12 AM

Id be happy with:

Derrick Morgan
Trent Williams
Gerald McCoy
Dez Bryant
Rolando McClain
Carlos Dunlap

X-Era
11-16-2009, 06:16 AM
BTW, I think there is little chance Locker goes #1 overall this year. His game is too up and down to justify that high of a ranking.

Id say Bradford could go that high, but he has to show hes back from the surgery or hes out for #1 overall too.

T-Long
11-16-2009, 06:44 AM
Locker, in my opinion, is going to be a guy who has a great pro day and that runs and throws very well. Teams will have concerns about Bradford's shoulder, McCoy and Tebow will be mid-1st round picks, and it will be between Claussen and Locker for the first QB taken.

Mahdi
11-16-2009, 06:56 AM
WR Dez Bryant
I always love adding talent. But picking WR high when someone like Trent Williams is available is a bit irresponsible.

Calvin Johnson is probably the best WR to come out since Larry and the Lions still went 0-16. While other bad teams have turned things around with a good QB prospect and an OT.

Do you not see a potential franchise LT or QB prospect on the board? Or even a DT or DE for that matter.

T-Long
11-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Draftboy is taking the best player available. The Bills don't really have the luxury of drafting for need. They have to draft the best player on the board when they choose. That's why he went with Bryant.

Ingtar33
11-16-2009, 07:33 AM
Dez Bryant is a top 5 player.. if he's hanging around at 7 it would be hard to skip him... since you could say (in fact i would say) he's the best player in the draft this year.

WR isn't a burning need... but really.. it would be hard to skip him.

I think it's hard to do a mock before the JRs declare. We'd also need to see the workouts to get a good feel for what the NFL teams think.

DraftBoy
11-16-2009, 07:38 AM
I always love adding talent. But picking WR high when someone like Trent Williams is available is a bit irresponsible.

Calvin Johnson is probably the best WR to come out since Larry and the Lions still went 0-16. While other bad teams have turned things around with a good QB prospect and an OT.

Do you not see a potential franchise LT or QB prospect on the board? Or even a DT or DE for that matter.

Trent Williams may not even be a 1st Round pick any longer. He's struggled this season so he being on the board isn't really enticing unless we are picking closer to 20ish.

Potential franchise LT or QB prospect on the board? Nope. DT I see McCoy, and at DE I see Dunlap (as YardRat pointed out) but I dont rate either as high as Bryant who I have #2 overall in this draft (behind Suh). You don't pass on the #2 overall player just because you don't have a huge need there. Which I would argue we really do have a need, its not a huge one, but we need a legit #1.

k-oneputt
11-16-2009, 07:46 AM
Haven't you guys fiqured out yet that the wr's don't matter if you don't have a qb delivering the ball, then an o-line giving the qb time to pass.
Look at R. Moss when he was in Oakland, he did nothing. goes to New England and he is top-3 again. New Eng. won a Super Bowl with marginal wr's.

Ingtar33
11-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Haven't you guys fiqured out yet that the wr's don't matter if you don't have a qb delivering the ball, then an o-line giving the qb time to pass.
Look at R. Moss when he was in Oakland, he did nothing. goes to New England and he is top-3 again. New Eng. won a Super Bowl with marginal wr's.

let me ask you a hypothetical.

lets say you need a QB badly... and it's the year 1998. There are two "top" QBs in the draft... but you are picking 2nd and the team drafting 1st will be picking a QB.

Lets say pick 1 comes, and that team chooses the QB you want. and you're not happy with the next best QB in the draft. you have big doubts about him. but your team really needs a QB. And while there are better players in the draft at other positions you're left wondering... do i take a flier on this QB i don't really want?

If you say yes. you should say hello to Ryan Leaf. Your new starting QB.

Just because you have a desperate need for a QB (or LT) doesn't mean you have to commit suicide with a guy who's going to be a bust. When you draft in the top 5 you damned well better take a franchise player... when you draft in the top 10 you better be getting a pro bowler. Drafting NEED over TALENT in the top 10 picks is ASKING for a bust.

Let picks 10-20 squabble over the iffy players. If you're picking in the top 10 your a terrible football team and need all the surefire probowl talent you can get your hands on. Missing on those picks will set your team back 3 to 5 years.

So anyone suggesting Locker, Pike, Bradford or McCoy for our pick (if we pick at 7) better be damned certain he's going to be a franchise guy. Or we're condemning ourselves to watching this team struggle for another 5 years.

k-oneputt
11-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Well since it is the Bills if your qb is gone they can always go to plan B which would be o-tackle. If qb and o-tackle are gone you can take the best d-lineman available. If all three are gone {which they won't be if your drafting top-10} I guess you could take a lb like Mcclain. If they are dumb enough to use a top-10 pick on a wr, which they may be, I am done with this team. They can keep my tixs.
You can't win without a qb. If one is there they have to take him.

THATHURMANATOR
11-16-2009, 08:11 AM
One of two guys...

Colt McCoy QB Tex

Trent Williams OT Okla
I would be fine with McCoy.

Ingtar33
11-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Well since it is the Bills if your qb is gone they can always go to plan B which would be o-tackle. If qb and o-tackle are gone you can take the best d-lineman available. If all three are gone {which they won't be if your drafting top-10} I guess you could take a lb like Mcclain. If they are dumb enough to use a top-10 pick on a wr, which they may be, I am done with this team. They can keep my tixs.
You can't win without a qb. If one is there they have to take him.

you're talking like anyone wants to draft a WR.

I don't... I'm pretty sure Draftboy doesn't either. I doubt anyone in the front office at OBD wants to take a WR.

This was based on a strange scenario which the person who started this thread created. When you eliminate the juniors... and look at who's drafted in his top 6... the easy answer is Dez Bryant.

Of course the question is flawed. There is no way on planet earth Dez Bryant makes it out of the top 5, unless he runs a 4.6 40 time. And even then he might not...

Scumbag College
11-16-2009, 08:15 AM
I would love a franchise LT. I watched a couple of LSU's games this year and their LT Black looks really good. Any idea where he may be drafted?

k-oneputt
11-16-2009, 08:31 AM
you're talking like anyone wants to draft a WR.

I don't... I'm pretty sure Draftboy doesn't either. I doubt anyone in the front office at OBD wants to take a WR.

This was based on a strange scenario which the person who started this thread created. When you eliminate the juniors... and look at who's drafted in his top 6... the easy answer is Dez Bryant.

Of course the question is flawed. There is no way on planet earth Dez Bryant makes it out of the top 5, unless he runs a 4.6 40 time. And even then he might not...

So I will take it you do not want to draft D. Bryant. As for DB I'm not sure, he's been spouting off about him in numerous threads. As for the Bills, who the hell knows. You can't be surprised by anything that they do.

Ingtar33
11-16-2009, 09:14 AM
So I will take it you do not want to draft D. Bryant. As for DB I'm not sure, he's been spouting off about him in numerous threads. As for the Bills, who the hell knows. You can't be surprised by anything that they do.

no.. WR isn't at the top of my list of positions to draft.. no.

QB, OT, LB and a distant 4th, DL are at the top of my wishlist.

However.. if i'm drafting 7th... and lets say all the pro bowl quality people at all 4 of those positions are gone and for some unknown reason Dez Bryant is still on the board... and i really am convinced none of the Tackles or Ends or QBs or LBers are going to be any good (yes... we're stretching it a bit) then yes... you're pretty much going to have to take Bryant.

Bryant is a better WR then Crabtree. He really reminds me of Eric Moulds, only far more polished then Moulds was coming out of college (the team that drafts him won't have to wait 3 years for him to develop like the bills did). He will be a perennial probowler.

BillyT92679
11-16-2009, 09:17 AM
let me ask you a hypothetical.

lets say you need a QB badly... and it's the year 1998. There are two "top" QBs in the draft... but you are picking 2nd and the team drafting 1st will be picking a QB.

Lets say pick 1 comes, and that team chooses the QB you want. and you're not happy with the next best QB in the draft. you have big doubts about him. but your team really needs a QB. And while there are better players in the draft at other positions you're left wondering... do i take a flier on this QB i don't really want?

If you say yes. you should say hello to Ryan Leaf. Your new starting QB.

Just because you have a desperate need for a QB (or LT) doesn't mean you have to commit suicide with a guy who's going to be a bust. When you draft in the top 5 you damned well better take a franchise player... when you draft in the top 10 you better be getting a pro bowler. Drafting NEED over TALENT in the top 10 picks is ASKING for a bust.

Let picks 10-20 squabble over the iffy players. If you're picking in the top 10 your a terrible football team and need all the surefire probowl talent you can get your hands on. Missing on those picks will set your team back 3 to 5 years.

So anyone suggesting Locker, Pike, Bradford or McCoy for our pick (if we pick at 7) better be damned certain he's going to be a franchise guy. Or we're condemning ourselves to watching this team struggle for another 5 years.
But honestly, really who knows about anyone? You can scout and review and look at all the variables you can but you can never really know who can be good and who cannot. For as good as Bryant is he got himself suspended for the remainder of the campaign. I know it's the whole Deion thing but you have to look at that as a real concern about his judgment.
The problem that I have with scouting and drafting is nobody ever knows. People can get good but it's impossible to be exact. Sam Bowie goes before Michael Jordan. I want the team to make an effort to build, not just get luxury. You can put spinners on a 1980 Plymouth Volare and make it look shiny, but it will still fall apart.

Ingtar33
11-16-2009, 09:25 AM
true... you don't often know...

some guys you just know will be great. Fitzgerald i think everyone who watched him in college knew he'd be great. Same for Ed Reed. Same for Ben Roethlesburger. Same for Payton Manning or Andre Johnson. Or Albert Haynesworth or Ladainian Tomlinson or even Julius Peppers... But those sure fire can't miss guys are few and far between.

Worse.. though they all are sure fire can't miss guys... who you knew watching them in college they'd be great, you can see that not all of them are sure fire hall of famers (Peppers for example is too unmotivated... he could have been the next Bruce Smith.. but he makes lazy assed "doesn't show up for training camp or preseason" Bruce Smith seem like a paragon of motivation and dedication). Roethlesburger, as good as he has been, doesn't win a Superbowl if he's drafted by the Bills in 2004, Pittsburgh unlike Buffalo is run right, and well coached.

SABURZFAN
11-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Gerald McCoy- DT- Oklahoma

the run defense needs helps immediately. i feel this guy could start right away for the Bills.

yordad
11-16-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm taking a QB. I'm not ready to pick one just yet, so I will just say I'd pick a QB.

Oh, then I am going to go and punch the Rams QB (Bulgar) in the head for sucking.

yordad
11-16-2009, 09:50 AM

I know most may pick Jimmy Claussen here, but for this thread, we're pretending he is staying another year at ND. Two safeties in the top 6 picks?

T-Long
11-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Two safeties in the top 6 picks?
Eric Berry is an Ed Reed clone (don't ya think worthy of a top 5 pick?)
and Taylor Mays is a stud who can run (see Al Davis draft strategy)

SABURZFAN
11-16-2009, 10:10 AM
and Taylor Mays is a stud who can run (see Al Davis draft strategy)

i think Mays is overrated.

yordad
11-16-2009, 10:12 AM
and Taylor Mays is a stud who can run (see Al Davis draft strategy)OK, it is just unusual.

k-oneputt
11-16-2009, 10:42 AM
i think Mays is overrated.

So do I.

He looks like a typical Bills pick though.

psubills62
11-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Mays seems extremely overrated, but it's easy to see Oakland picking him. Same team that picked DHB #7 overall.

Dez Bryant is definitely tempting, but I think I'd have to say Gerald McCoy.

DraftBoy
11-16-2009, 11:49 AM

Spouting off where? The draft has a simple philosophy to it. You draft BPA, that's it. You don't reach for a positional need because you get burned.

The question that was posed was simple and imo there are only two acceptable answers;
WR Dez Bryant
DT Gerald McCoy

That's two of my top 5 rated players in this draft. If either fall to 7 its a gift from God.

gonzo1105
11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
In my opinion there are only two options under this situation and I would love both and that is

DT Gerald McCoy and LB Rolando McClain...two guys who can stuff the run and rush the passer....i know we need a franchise QB and my normal pick would be Clausen but he's not available

k-oneputt
11-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Sorry Dez Bryant is not acceptable for this team at this time. I don't care how good he is. Running backs and wide receivers can always be found.

tampabay25690
11-16-2009, 03:58 PM
You had me going, and then said Tebow.

TEBOW IS NOT GOING TO BE AN NFL QUARTERBACK!!!!!

Maybe a gimic QB in the wild cat, but come on people! He's make a better tightend prospect or H-back option.

But there is no convincing people. So we will all just have to wait until he falls on his ass in the NFL.

Tebow will be an NFL QB and will be drafted in the 1st round of this years draft.
He would not make it in B-LO at all because there is no OFFENSIVE minded coaches here....

Trust me he will change the way the QB position is in the NFL try stopping the wildcat with a guy that will throw.....

tampabay25690
11-16-2009, 03:59 PM
McCOY DT I think would be the pick for the Bills STROUD needs a guy like him next to him..

tampabay25690
11-16-2009, 04:02 PM
I think he is the top senior prospect at the moment, but is predicted to go after the big three. (Bradford, Locker and Clausen.)

So second half of round one, or second round.

But his draft stock is waning slightly.

After his combine I think he will fall out of the 2nd round later in the draft...
I don't like this guy at all...

tampabay25690
11-16-2009, 04:04 PM
I see Carlos Dunlap FREE FALLING and you are hearing this from a GATOR fan his other end Jermaine CUNNIGHAM is the better player as of right now...

DUNLAP is a bit lazy, CUNNINGHAM will be the better pro.......Mark my words on this.....

Buddo
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
I've seen a bit of a game with McCoy in it, and he was impressive. Obviously double teamed and still was making plays. While I have little current knowledge of a lot of the other players being mentioned, I saw enough of McCoy to feel he's the real deal. A monster DT is not going to be wasted, ever, whereas other positions (especially the so-called 'skill' positions) can be. Tackles are almost 'can't miss' picks, for either side of the ball. I realise you can always make a mistake, but if you get a good one, you aren't going to be thinking you had to pick another guy.

Raptor
11-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Tebow will be an NFL QB and will be drafted in the 1st round of this years draft.
He would not make it in B-LO at all because there is no OFFENSIVE minded coaches here....

Trust me he will change the way the QB position is in the NFL try stopping the wildcat with a guy that will throw.....

uuumm stopping Tebow in the Wild Cat will be simple for NFL teams because Tebow has no where near the speed to make it to the corner in the NFL so he will have to throw it nearly every time

tampabay25690
11-16-2009, 05:53 PM
uuumm stopping Tebow in the Wild Cat will be simple for NFL teams because Tebow has no where near the speed to make it to the corner in the NFL so he will have to throw it nearly every time

Bottom line he will be drafted in the 1st round probably before 20 if I had to guess..... YES he will be a QB in the NFL, to be honest none of us can predict what he will do. I do think he will need to learn the game a bit more, he will not be thrown in from day 1 though.....

Nighthawk
11-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Bottom line he will be drafted in the 1st round probably before 20 if I had to guess..... YES he will be a QB in the NFL, to be honest none of us can predict what he will do. I do think he will need to learn the game a bit more, he will not be thrown in from day 1 though.....

I don't think Tebow will be drafted in the 1st round...his arm and passing skills leave a lot to be desired. Great leader...so, so QB.

ParanoidAndroid
11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Identity change, then a franchise QB. I say sign a vet QB this offseason, draft a D designed to stop the run, and get vet help on the O-line and re-tool it to be run heavy..

#7 - Terrence Cody DT (Space eater... McCoy is another 3-tech. lightweight)
Rd. 2 Rolando McClain ILB
Rd. 3 Ciron Black OT

Black will be a road grader... Cody and McClain anchor the run defense with Stroud.

MassEffect218435
11-16-2009, 07:28 PM
WR Dez BryantHe would instantly be Buffalo's most talented player in a decade.

Raptor
11-16-2009, 07:35 PM

lololol Not happening, he's got a 4th round grade at best as a QB. What makes him so good in college is whats going to make him a regular on the IR in the NFL if he stays at QB

Raptor
11-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Identity change, then a franchise QB. I say sign a vet QB this offseason, draft a D designed to stop the run, and get vet help on the O-line and re-tool it to be run heavy..

#7 - Terrence Cody DT (Space eater... McCoy is another 3-tech. lightweight)
Rd. 2 Rolando McClain ILB
Rd. 3 Ciron Black OT

Black will be a road grader... Cody and McClain anchor the run defense with Stroud.

and Cody is a run down only DT who can barely make it into the 4th Q's of most games. I'm sure the fat pay day will motivate him however.....

and theres no way R.McClain is making it to the second, he's easily going in the top 25

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Brandon LaFell is a Dwayne Bowe clone, I haven't seen much of Dez, but I've seen plenty of LaFell, he has to be considered a top 10 prospect, IMHO.

1.) Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
2.) Selvish Capers, OT, WV
3.) Jevan Snead, QB, Ole Miss

A draft like that would be acceptable to me, I'd be fine with Edwards and Snead competing for the starting job.

tampabay25690
11-16-2009, 08:17 PM
lololol Not happening, he's got a 4th round grade at best as a QB. What makes him so good in college is whats going to make him a regular on the IR in the NFL if he stays at QB

I guess you don't know about the combine or the draft.
Haven't seen 1 thing about him being a 4th rounder?

tampabay25690
11-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Brandon LaFell is a Dwayne Bowe clone, I haven't seen much of Dez, but I've seen plenty of LaFell, he has to be considered a top 10 prospect, IMHO.

1.) Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
2.) Selvish Capers, OT, WV
3.) Jevan Snead, QB, Ole Miss

A draft like that would be acceptable to me, I'd be fine with Edwards and Snead competing for the starting job.

I don't see SNEAD coming out this year I think he will stay at OLE MISS for his SR year and that would be a great move for him....

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't see SNEAD coming out this year I think he will stay at OLE MISS for his SR year and that would be a great move for him....

He reminds me of Chad Henne.

nateodoms'bff
11-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Has anyone thought that qb could be answered in fa with jason campbell?

The kid has an arm, he plays smart and mistake free. Shoring up the defense is priority number one. No team goes anywhere without stout defense. You can draft a guy like mallet or pike in the 2nd round and groom him for a couple of years while campbell plays decent enough to keep games close.

LT is not a necessary position. The line is young, strong, and blocks about as good as you could expect a group that started less than 20 combined games at the start of the season. You go with what you have for another season.

Drafting mcclain or cody makes this defense a lot better against the run on day one. Which means the bills stay close in every game next season.

Ingtar33
11-17-2009, 07:17 AM
wow... Jason Campbell?

if you hate Trent Edwards you'll despise Campbell.. who is not as good, and worse... gets sacked more often (if that's possible)

Raptor
11-17-2009, 07:34 AM
I guess you don't know about the combine or the draft.
Haven't seen 1 thing about him being a 4th rounder?

I guess you really just dont understand football or the draft. He has a 4th round grade as a QB the people projecting him higher are doing so based on the fact he will make a position switch. Go ahead though and keep thinking he'll be a starting QB one day because when opposing defenses main goal is to make Tebow a pocket passer I mean that screams NFL QB.

Feel free to ask any more question about football I'll help you get educated on the game

k-oneputt
11-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Tebows career as an NFL qb is a big question mark, but it only takes one team/owner to want him. And he has one sitting in his backyard. I think Jax/Weaver could easily take him in rd.1. He would sell a ton of tixs.

tampabay25690
11-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Has anyone thought that qb could be answered in fa with jason campbell?

The kid has an arm, he plays smart and mistake free. Shoring up the defense is priority number one. No team goes anywhere without stout defense. You can draft a guy like mallet or pike in the 2nd round and groom him for a couple of years while campbell plays decent enough to keep games close.

LT is not a necessary position. The line is young, strong, and blocks about as good as you could expect a group that started less than 20 combined games at the start of the season. You go with what you have for another season.

Drafting mcclain or cody makes this defense a lot better against the run on day one. Which means the bills stay close in every game next season.

I think a trade or FA will be the way the BILLS go...
I do think they will draft a QB at some point in the draft though but not in the 1st round....

I think we go OT or DT 1st especially since we are picking so early....
I guess we will wait and see....

tampabay25690
11-17-2009, 08:12 AM
I guess you really just dont understand football or the draft. He has a 4th round grade as a QB the people projecting him higher are doing so based on the fact he will make a position switch. Go ahead though and keep thinking he'll be a starting QB one day because when opposing defenses main goal is to make Tebow a pocket passer I mean that screams NFL QB.

Feel free to ask any more question about football I'll help you get educated on the game

HA HA HA...Im not going to argue with you genius.......but
I understand he will not be a pocket passer but he will get drafted as a QB in the 1st round either you say or not. YES I do agree he is a different QB then any other in this draft but a team will take a shot. If he gets thrown out there opening day that will be a mistake, but if a team develops him they will be fine....
I think it all depends on what happens with the coaching change this year with Shannahan and possibly GRUDEN. YES I know Gruden did sign with ESPN but he doesnt even get a paycheck from ESPN now so he can cancel contract at anytime....
By the way I will tell the guys I know that are scouts they are wrong and you are right!!!

tampabay25690
11-17-2009, 08:14 AM
He reminds me of Chad Henne.

I agree worst thing for him would be to come out this year.
OLE MISS is a good program and I think he could sneak in the top 20 next year if he has a better year.....
From what Im hearing around the SEC is that he is thinking of coming back for SR year...