PDA

View Full Version : Get TO off the field

OpIv37
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Forget the distraction issue- I really don't see him as a distraction. That's a creation of the media and the commentators during the games.

But he just doesn't have it anymore. He's hit the wall. For years, he's gotten by on superior athletic ability and a strong work ethic in the gym, but at 35, that's just not enough at this point. He's frustrated and neither his heart nor his head are in the game.

The TO signing did what it was supposed to- it boosted merch sales and put asses in the seats. Now, put TO on the bench where he belongs and give Hardy and Steve Johnson a shot. TO won't be back next year, so what difference does it make?

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 09:07 PM
TO will cry. He'll lose his final chance to showcase to teams he can still play. I agree with you OPiv.

malo
11-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Agreed. Put him on inactive. Don't even suit the loser.

realdealryan
11-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Forget the distraction issue- I really don't see him as a distraction. That's a creation of the media and the commentators during the games.

But he just doesn't have it anymore. He's hit the wall. For years, he's gotten by on superior athletic ability and a strong work ethic in the gym, but at 35, that's just not enough at this point. He's frustrated and neither his heart nor his head are in the game.

The TO signing did what it was supposed to- it boosted merch sales and put asses in the seats. Now, put TO on the bench where he belongs and give Hardy and Steve Johnson a shot. TO won't be back next year, so what difference does it make?

Couldn't agree more. After the half-assery in the second half we need to go Hardy/Johnson the rest of the way. It's safe to say that the double teams stopped after week 3.

LooneyBin
11-15-2009, 09:32 PM
I don't want to see that turd on the field either.

k-oneputt
11-15-2009, 09:34 PM
They should have traded him before the deadline. Another front office f-up.

gil
11-15-2009, 09:39 PM
He literally just gave up - gave up! in the 4th quarter - unbelieveable.

T-Long
11-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Why are you hammering T.O. today when he had 85 yards receiving, and it would have been even more if Edwards would have been on target in the 4th quarter. Yes, was his body language out on the field out of line and embarassing to the team? Yes. But what do you expect??! Edwards couldn't have hit the blind side of the barn there at the end. I'd be pissed too! T.O. is a competitor and wants to win. There needs to be more guys on this team with his competitiveness.

I do acknowledge the guy is a big baby sometimes and boo hoo's about not getting the ball, but this guy is a Hall of Fame wide receiver that still has some left in the tank. I am probably in the minority here, but what the hell.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Do you see, his teammates screaming at him for sucking balls this year? Or attack him after every freaking drop or play you quit on? He is a selfish player.

Iehoshua
11-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Take the whole team off the field then. None of them have "it."

Tatonka
11-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Take the whole team off the field then. None of them have "it."

yeah.. if your going to call out TO, then bench the entire team other than Byrd and Jackson.

at least TO has proven he can do something.. the rest of the team just sucks and has never been good.

Al the Bills Fan
11-15-2009, 09:55 PM

If you took all the Bills players off the field whose hearts and heads weren't in the game we would have Jackson and Byrd out there.

realdealryan
11-15-2009, 09:59 PM
If you took all the Bills players off the field whose hearts and heads weren't in the game we would have Jackson and Byrd out there.

...and Stroud.

But:

1) he is a media focal point
2) he isn't part of this team after this season
3) we are heavy at receiver with young talent
4) heart in it or not, that is the most visible 'quitting' we've seen all year

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2009, 10:03 PM
I think a lot of guys hearts and heads are in game. They just lack the talent. Schobel and Kelsay for instance.

trapezeus
11-15-2009, 10:07 PM
100% agree with Op. i was saying the same thing in the first half. he is just uninterested to be on the field. it's a joke. and it absolutely effects everyone else.

In a classroom if you have one kid as a distraction and don't reprimand him, you'll lose all the students. that's why he has to come off the field.

he doesnt' practice enough during the week to be on page with the qb, no matter who it is. Edwards played fine until the 4th quarter.

if he had a little more awareness, that first long toss would be a TD. he's just not into it.

TacklingDummy
11-15-2009, 10:32 PM
The Bills QB situation has gotten to all of us. Imagine if you were actually the WR who is counting on the Bills QB to get you the ball. :ill:

TO is not the problem. The guy behind center is.

justasportsfan
11-15-2009, 10:56 PM
100% agree with Op. i was saying the same thing in the first half. he is just uninterested to be on the field. it's a joke. and it absolutely effects everyone else.

In a classroom if you have one kid as a distraction and don't reprimand him, you'll lose all the students. that's why he has to come off the field.

he doesnt' practice enough during the week to be on page with the qb, no matter who it is. Edwards played fine until the 4th quarter.

if he had a little more awareness, that first long toss would be a TD. he's just not into it.
seems to me the entire team isn't interested in being on the field. i hope he blows up even more. TO behaving isn't doing anything for this team. He was wrong for being a jerk in the past but this team is the right team for him to be a jerk

trapezeus
11-15-2009, 11:05 PM
i'm fine with him being a jerk if he is contributing. but he just isn't. he drops passes. you get the right to be angry and yell at eeveryone when you play really well. at this point only fred jackson can do that and that's not his style.

Jauron is losing this team. more so than the other years where they just loved him. they realize once he's gone, they are going to be under serious scrutiny.

dmosher12
11-15-2009, 11:25 PM
wow dumbest thread ever. to kept us in the game. scared trent into playing decent (for a quarter and a half) for the first time in a long time.

Prov401
11-16-2009, 02:27 AM

I believe T.O is definitely capable of still being a threat in the NFL beyond this year. Trent Edwards sucks. Our offense line is in shambles. Teams have giggled in post game interviews at how easy our offense was to read throughout the entire game. We don't have a good tight end. Freddy is the only guy deserving of picking up all 9 paychecks this year on offense.

I loved what T.O did today. I guarentee if Tom Brady/Big Ben/Brett Favre, were our QB, T.O would have 50+ receptions thus far. He is, and has been getting open all season long. Trent is not a good QB. Fitz is a 3rd stringer. Granted Owens has dropped about 8 passes this year, however everybody knows that has been the knock on him most of his career. However, even the commentator in today's game repeated this over, and over again. Just get T.O the ball. That's what SF did. That's what Philly did. He turns a 3 yard slant into a 35 yard touchdown. He is a playmaker, and they need oppurtunities. Trent is extremely tentative, and doesn't trust himself. Honestly, I am no huge Owens fan. Never liked him. However, him being with the Bills, and seeing how the media truly tries to fire him up and stir up some contriversies, made me like him a bit more. He's trying his best to be a good teamate and not give in to the media, but his passion, and fire for the game is starting to burn a hole in him. He is a competitor, and only wants to win. You cannot blame that at all.

At this point, I can care less about distractions. T.O blowing up, gives me something to actually watch, while our team is down by 20 every week. We are going nowhere, we need to rebuild once again, and we need to hire a great head coach. Hardy/Johnson will get their chances soon enough. Its obvious their talented, (at least Johnson anyway), and both will be spotlights in training camp 2010.

Lastly, I believe the Bears are going to make a run at T.O in the off-season. If they do, I'll be the first to say: Pro bowl.

mysticsoto
11-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Please...if I was TO I'd be *****ing a whole lot worse. Look at the team and tell me his (quiet) frustration isn't deserved. He's been on great teams and to watch this sub par, piece of crap we have on the field... Look how some of us long time fans are reacting...Op, you yourself aren't even writing up reviews anymore. Don't criticize his frustration when even the die hard fans here are beyond frustrated and reacting in our own ways!!!

yordad
11-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Do you see, his teammates screaming at him for sucking balls this year? Or attack him after every freaking drop or play you quit on? He is a selfish player.Actually, that would make his teammates spineless.

yordad
11-16-2009, 08:14 AM
What did TO do wrong other then yell at teammates when they suck? Really, I must have missed what yall are talking about.

yordad
11-17-2009, 12:40 PM
What did TO do wrong other then yell at teammates when they suck? Really, I must have missed what yall are talking about.Anyone?

unpaid_bills
11-17-2009, 12:48 PM

Gannon pointed it out on the air Sunday guy doesnt practice and is not a leader, gives off bad vibes with his body language. For a hall of fame caliber (stat wise) receiver he should be doing & teaching the younger guys more, apparently he does that in practice when he is there.