PDA

View Full Version : Latest Meltdown Has Bills’ Season On Verge Of Imploding

patmoran2006
11-16-2009, 07:51 AM
When it comes to meltdowns, Amy Winehouse has nothing on these Buffalo Bills.
It was the defining play of the game and for the Bills, their season. In the fourth quarter Sunday of a deadlocked game with Tennessee, the defense faced a third down and goal from just inside the two. Hold the Titans to a field goal and momentum was one their side. Allow a touchdown and the game is likely over.
Chris Johnson took a handoff from Vince Young and went smack dab into Bryan Scott and Paul Posluszny. Two guys went down. Johnson wasn’t one of them. He ran through both Bills defenders, into the end zone, and just like that the Bills were down a touchdown with 10:44 remaining to play.
From there the Bills did what has become customary for them this season. They folded like a lawn chair. A Titans field goal and two interception returns for touchdowns closed out the game, as the Bills gave up and gave out in their 41-24 defeat.

MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/11/latest-meltdown-has-bills-season-on-verge-of-imploding/)

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-16-2009, 07:58 AM
pat good article but run your spell checker!

Ingtar33
11-16-2009, 08:01 AM
41-17 not 41-24

the score is wrong in the article.

Forward_Lateral
11-16-2009, 08:04 AM
I agree with most of it. Especially Scott at LB. He's not a LB. One week of practice doesn't make him a linebacker. Poz looked slow, really slow on a few of the Johnson runs, but that could be partly due to Johnson's speed.

I turned the game off after Tennessee went up 10, and obviously missed a lot. I thought Edwards played well enough to win, but the D let the team down. I missed the pick 6 and him subsequently getting benched, however.

Mr. Pink
11-16-2009, 08:27 AM
I agree with most of it. Especially Scott at LB. He's not a LB. One week of practice doesn't make him a linebacker. Poz looked slow, really slow on a few of the Johnson runs, but that could be partly due to Johnson's speed.

I turned the game off after Tennessee went up 10, and obviously missed a lot. I thought Edwards played well enough to win, but the D let the team down. I missed the pick 6 and him subsequently getting benched, however.

Funny part is Poz ain't much of a LB either.

HHURRICANE
11-16-2009, 08:35 AM

Edwards isn't the reason we lost but he's now the official scapegoat. I'm 100% sure he's getting benched in favor of Fotzpatrick which tells you what a loser Jauron is.

Cleve
11-16-2009, 08:37 AM
The Sunday Night Game shows the difference in the character of teams. Peyton Manning brought the Colts back to beat the Patriots from a two touchdown deficit with less than 5 minutes on the game clock.

The Bills go down by only 1 touchdown with 11 minutes left, against a far less formidable team than the Patriots, and it's game over man, game over.

The Colts are what the Bills could be today, if cheapskate Wilson hadn't put money, his own ego in controlling key decisions regarding the team, and playing personal favorites ahead of winning games when he ditched Polian all those years ago.