PDA

View Full Version : Wildcat Time!

northernbillfan
11-16-2009, 08:29 AM
It's time for a change on offense and looking at the success the wildcat formation had for the Bills yesterday, it's time to throw that in as a regular formation.

With the Wildcat they could keep teams guessing as to what is going to transpire. They could have 20 different plays designed around the wildcat formation and no one would know what is going to happen.

Look at the success Miami has with the wildcat. It's clear that they are having success with it because of Ronnie Brown and Ricki Williams. The Bills have two equally gifted backs and could pull it off and have success.

I'm serious. It's time for the Wildcat to be a regular part of the Bills arsenal. The offense has no identity and this could shake things up for them.

yordad
11-16-2009, 08:32 AM
I agree 100%. Jackson could run that as good as anyone. He is a pretty good passer too.

Beastie Bills
11-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Unfortunately, even when they ran the Wildcat, they got up to the line and waited 15 seconds to snap the ball, which give the defense time to adjust.

When you run that wildcat, you need to get up to the line and run the play quickly. That TD throw was f'n sweet though.

LooneyBin
11-16-2009, 08:42 AM
You need to have a good line to run the wildcat successfully. Last time I heard, our O-line was the worst in the league.

yordad
11-16-2009, 09:09 AM
You need to have a good line to run the wildcat successfully. Last time I heard, our O-line was the worst in the league.Why would you need a good line to run it effectively? If anything it would help a bad line by giving an extra blocker, and making the defense Trentative.... ahem, I mean tentative.

northernbillfan
11-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Unfortunately, even when they ran the Wildcat, they got up to the line and waited 15 seconds to snap the ball, which give the defense time to adjust.

When you run that wildcat, you need to get up to the line and run the play quickly. That TD throw was f'n sweet though.
It is the element of surprise that makes it more effective. Time was an error

Historian
11-16-2009, 11:40 AM
NO!

We'll have none of that fish slop here.

MassEffect218435
11-16-2009, 11:42 AM
You need to have a good line to run the wildcat successfully. Last time I heard, our O-line was the worst in the league.No way, you run the Wildcat to mask the issues of your OL. I think this is an excellent idea and the Bills have absolutely nothing to lose.

DraftBoy
11-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Complete agreement, lets run the thing!

LooneyBin
11-16-2009, 12:32 PM
No way, you run the Wildcat to mask the issues of your OL. I think this is an excellent idea and the Bills have absolutely nothing to lose.

jaworski said, "No, I don't believe so -- I still believe it's a gimmick and a gadget."

Jaworski added that he thinks the Dolphins' personnel is well suited to using the wildcat occasionally, but that it should only be used occasionally, and should not be an integral part of the team's offensive game planning.

"They're very good at executing the running game. They don't run as well from traditional formations but they do very well with Ronnie Brown (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/players/ronnie-brown/7178) in the wildcat and Ricky Williams (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/players/ricky-williams/4653) in motion. This offensive line is a very good offensive line that gets off the football and wins in the trenches. That's why the wildcat is so good in Miami, the running game, the running backs and the offensive line."

I have to agree with Jaws. It makes sense.
As a bills fan, I can admit the dolphins have a good line, which is why they are able to have success with the wildcat. A playbook of gadget plays and misdirection plays won't work unless you have the personnel to run it and execute their assignments correctly on a consistent basis. Do you really think we have that here?
Did you know the browns tried the wildcat almost all game against the steelers? That didn't work out so well.

Dr. Lecter
11-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Bills don't run wildcat = Win 0 or 1 more game this year.

Bills do run wildcat = Record no worse than not running it, give fans some amusement. Makes TO throw hissy fits about not getting enough balls thrown his way to drop. Gives fans more amusement.

LtFinFan66
11-16-2009, 11:50 PM
No way, you run the Wildcat to mask the issues of your OL. I think this is an excellent idea and the Bills have absolutely nothing to lose.that's totally wrong

northernbillfan
11-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Run it I say

DraftBoy
11-17-2009, 11:38 AM
that's totally wrong

No its not. Its not wrong at all actually.

northernbillfan
11-17-2009, 11:48 AM
No its not. Its not wrong at all actually.Exactly. If you have some weaknesses on the line and you throw a wildcat in there to mix things up, the Defense realy doesn't know who is going to blocking and who is going to have the ball and what they are going to do with it when they do have it. The wildcat will help with a weak o-line.