X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MassEffect218435
    • Apr 2009

Let Levitre play LT...

I thought he played quite well in the second half at LT. Better than he's played OG all season. What is there to lose? The season is over with and if he can fill in and do it well that would eliminate the need to draft one of the hardest positions to draft next year. OG's are a dime-a-dozen.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Let Levitre play LT...

Fine with me.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

Bell is garbage!!! I hate that loser and how everyone massages his nuts saying well he wasn't ready wahhhhh. This is the NFL, you better be ready at any moment. Otherwise go change tires at Costco.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
        Bell is garbage!!! I hate that loser and how everyone massages his nuts saying well he wasn't ready wahhhhh. This is the NFL, you better be ready at any moment. Otherwise go change tires at Costco.
        I thought it was funny how everyone was happy to get rid of Peters because Bell was "ready." Bell has been nothing short of pathetic this year and Levitre, who hadn't played the position all season looked better than Bell has at any point.

Comment

• k-oneputt
          • Jun 2009

Bell is not the answer at left tackle. Maybe he can play the right side, and that's a big maybe. He looks like a NFL backup to me.
          This team needs two o-tackles, one minimum in the next draft.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

The answer to the question is not on this team - a talent evaluator who can find their way around a roster.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

let levitre play the position he played in college? what a novel idea. but you know, our coaches, they have shown time and time again that they really know how to coach offensive players up. They can make any player that much better because they are so smart. So if levitre should be a guard, i trust dick jauron and company to make him a stellar guard. And wood, he should be a guard too even though he was the best Center available.

I believe that all my posts may be sarcastic for the remainder of the Dick Jauron era.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                The answer to the question is not on this team - a talent evaluator who can find their way around a roster.
                While that may be true, Levitre still played quite well and it's worth a try. He showed some of the same technique that made Peters such a good LT.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  let levitre play the position he played in college? what a novel idea. but you know, our coaches, they have shown time and time again that they really know how to coach offensive players up. They can make any player that much better because they are so smart. So if levitre should be a guard, i trust dick jauron and company to make him a stellar guard. And wood, he should be a guard too even though he was the best Center available.

I believe that all my posts may be sarcastic for the remainder of the Dick Jauron era.
                  I don't know about that, but yeah, I hear what you are saying. It's like trying to make Vick and Young pocket passers. Let them play what is their strength, OG is clearly not Levitre's strength, at least not yet.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

I hate to say it im not oppossed to it
                    I feel bad about Bell he wasnt ready, he should have been our swing OT depth not the starter
                    Levitre is a solid Olineman and maybe can at least stop the bleeding there
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

on the non sarcastic side, if levitre plays well there, isn't this just another long list of stupid jauron mistakes. it means he failed the evaluation of the line. Levitre was always there and he was a tackle to begin with.

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

On the offensive line. No, Andy Levitre was not OK at left tackle, folks. There's a reason the Bills drafted him to play guard - he's a good player, but he's not an NFL-caliber tackle. He struggled on the edge. But to be fair, Levitre wasn't the only one who struggled. Edwards was sacked twice and forced to scramble or throw the ball away at least another half-dozen times. The line as a whole committed another five false starts, which has gotten to the point where the penalties are so redundant that it's laughable. There is solid talent up front, but when are these guys going to start showing that they get it?
                        Buffalo Rumblings takes a quick look at the tape of the Bills' 41-17 Week 10 loss to the Tennessee Titans.
                        Last edited by madness; 11-16-2009, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by trapezeus
                          on the non sarcastic side, if levitre plays well there, isn't this just another long list of stupid jauron mistakes. it means he failed the evaluation of the line. Levitre was always there and he was a tackle to begin with.
                          The only excuse I can think of is that they didn't want a rookie starting at LT and they really thought that Bell was ready. But at this point in the season, when it is 100% over with, there's no reason not to look towards the future and see what you've got. I'd move Wood to Center too, he's been decent at OG, but much like Posluszny he's a wasted talent playing out of place.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by madness
                            On the offensive line. No, Andy Levitre was not OK at left tackle, folks. There's a reason the Bills drafted him to play guard - he's a good player, but he's not an NFL-caliber tackle. He struggled on the edge. But to be fair, Levitre wasn't the only one who struggled. Edwards was sacked twice and forced to scramble or throw the ball away at least another half-dozen times. The line as a whole committed another five false starts, which has gotten to the point where the penalties are so redundant that it's laughable. There is solid talent up front, but when are these guys going to start showing that they get it?
                            Whoever wrote that struggles to break down film correctly, or knows nothing about OT technique. He played better at LT yesterday than anyone who has played there all season.
                            Last edited by MassEffect218435; 11-16-2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Masseffect218345
                              Whoever wrote that struggles to break down film correctly, or knows nothing about OT technique. He played better at LT yesterday than anyone who has played there all season.
                              so you went back and broke down the film then? or you are an offensive line coach?

Comment

Working...
                              X