PDA

View Full Version : I Guess God Does have a Sense of Humor.

mchurchfie
11-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Was it him who teleported Dick Jauron's brain into Bill Bellichick's head for the last 3 minutes of the Indy/Pats game. He must have looked down upon us poor Bills fans and said enough is enough and decided we needed a little comic relief. ****ing priceless! Now the Patsie's know how we felt when we owned their asses for most of the game and then handed it to them in the last minutes. That made my whole week! HAHA!!!

Cntrygal
11-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Wish I had seen the end of it! dangit!

Dr. Lecter
11-16-2009, 12:40 PM
If I can't enjoy my successes, I will laugh at the failures of others!!!!

LooneyBin
11-16-2009, 12:44 PM
This is going to go down in history as, "Belichek pulled a Dick Jauron".

mchurchfie
11-16-2009, 12:46 PM
If I can't enjoy my successes, I will laugh at the failures of others!!!!
:hi5:

Typ0
11-16-2009, 12:48 PM
It took guts to go for it in that situation and it was a good call. It would have ended the game on that one play. If they punt or turn it over either way Peyton has enough time to score. Good call BB usually those ones go your way because you have such good players who execute. DJ would look a lot better if he had that too.

YoungEz
11-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Going for it there was the farthest thing from pulling a Dick Jauron.

Going for it was the correct call, he makes it they win the game. If you don't make it or punt you are giving Manning 2 minutes to score either way which he had just done a minute ago very easily.

I just don't understand how you guys think sometimes comparing that to Jauron, really?

life of faith
11-16-2009, 01:31 PM
It took guts to go for it in that situation and it was a good call. It would have ended the game on that one play. If they punt or turn it over either way Peyton has enough time to score. Good call BB usually those ones go your way because you have such good players who execute. DJ would look a lot better if he had that too.

Guts? I think it falls in the catergory of stupidity. 4th and 2 or 3 up my 6 on your own 30 with 2 minutes to go??? you play the odds and punt it, make Peyton drive 70 80 yards with one timeout to win the game.

Oaf
11-16-2009, 03:45 PM
The conversion odds there was at LEAST at 75%. With the Colts surging, they could have scored from 200 yards. Absolutely great call by Belicheck, the D was gassed and had about the same odds of stopping them from 30 going in than from 70. A first, like I thought they'd get easily to Welker, would have been it.

On a side note, has anyone ever seen so many pop fly into centerfield INTs?? Wow, there were some ugly throws by the poster boys there..

Demon
11-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else just want to punch their tv screens each time Rodney Harrison talks? The guy is the most biased football announcer to have ever been in that profession. I'm sure of it. Everything is all about New England with that guy.

Oldbillsfan
11-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Good call? Yea whatever... Its not Madden. He didn't play the percentages and now he lost his team home field advantage in the playoffs.

If you cant's make it on third down what makes you think you will make it on 4th?

THATHURMANATOR
11-16-2009, 04:15 PM
The thing is I don't even care at all if the Pats win or lose so this does nothing for me.

THATHURMANATOR
11-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Going for it there was the farthest thing from pulling a Dick Jauron.

Going for it was the correct call, he makes it they win the game. If you don't make it or punt you are giving Manning 2 minutes to score either way which he had just done a minute ago very easily.

I just don't understand how you guys think sometimes comparing that to Jauron, really?
I don't care to compare to Jauron in any way but it was one of the worst calls I have seen in ages...

Oaf
11-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Good call? Yea whatever... Its not Madden. He didn't play the percentages and now he lost his team home field advantage in the playoffs.

If you cant's make it on third down what makes you think you will make it on 4th?
What do you know about percentages?

You think given Manning's experience in the league, scoring from his own 30 were THAT MUCH lower than scoring from the Patriots 30? In my mind, going in from the 30 yardline with the space constrictions were the only place the Pats had a chance of stopping him anyways.

Oldbillsfan
11-16-2009, 05:37 PM
What do you know about percentages?

You think given Manning's experience in the league, scoring from his own 30 were THAT MUCH lower than scoring from the Patriots 30? In my mind, going in from the 30 yardline with the space constrictions were the only place the Pats had a chance of stopping him anyways.

I guess I don't wise guy, what do you know? I've been watching NFL football for 30+ years.

What if the Colts muffed the punt like Buffalo did? Or their back up RB fumbled like Maroney? I would take my chances on them making a mistake or my defense forcing a turnover in a series of plays than going for it on my own 30. Just my opinion... You don't like it I don't care.

ParanoidAndroid
11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
If they had made it, people would be saying what a genius Belickeck is and how much they wish Jauron had those kind of nuts.

*fixed*

Oldbillsfan
11-16-2009, 05:46 PM
You talkin to me? I think Bellycheat is overrated. They have nude videos of other GM's and make crazy trades to get into the top 10 of the draft every year.