PDA

View Full Version : I do not want a Coord as our new HC

X-Era
11-16-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry, I don't.

I know its likely that we go that route, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

I want a new head coach who owns a Super Bowl ring as a head coach:

1) He will then have the pedigree to not get pushed round by this front office. Ralph may not have liked Bill Polian and his methods, but that was the last time we had SB potential. We need a roster overhaul, a newbie head coach doesn't have the stature to demand that to Ralph or even slick-Russ.

2) He will have a pedigree to demand that the players play up to snuff. The players sometimes wont play for coaches that arent proven.

3) He will have a proven track record of being able to lead a team into the SB. Anything else is unproven, sorry, had enough of that.

4) He will know, at least version, of what level of talent it takes to be good enough to go to the SB.

To me, anything less is a failure and more of the same.

Night Train
11-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Agreed.

It starts with an actual football man (GM/President) in the front office, so Russ Brandon can return to shagging Ralphs dry cleaning and picking him up at the airport.

That person should hire an actual HC with credentials.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-16-2009, 04:47 PM
We need to get a GM before a coach. I think the new GM would like to pick his coach, right? Unless the Bills continue to do things ass backwards.

Demon
11-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Is it even possible though to land one of the elite head coaching candidates? Some way not want to come here and try to fix our mess. I'd much rather prefer to land a big time GM who will hire someone he believes in. I wouldn't mind a coordinator as coach as long as a good front office is the one who interviews him and gives him the tools to succeed. I have zero faith in Russ Brandon, John Guy or Tom Modrak on interviewing anyone and shifting through the guys to decide who the best one is.

Demon
11-16-2009, 04:58 PM
We need to get a GM before a coach. I think the new GM would like to pick his coach, right? Unless the Bills continue to do things ass backwards.

If we hire a respectable GM, they want a lot of power, like Tom Donahoe. Coaches to be, like Billick, Cowher, Shanahan, Gruden, Holmgren will only agree to go somewhere if they get all the power. It's either hiring a big time coach and keeping Russ Brandon as GM but allowing the coach make all the moves or hiring a top notch GM who will fix stuff but hires a project coach.

baalworship
11-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Mike Smith in Atlanta, John Harbaugh in Baltimore, Josh McDaniels in Denver, Tony Sparano in Miami, Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh, and Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona were all coordinators or lower that have been hired recently that are doing a good job.

I don't care where they come from as long as they can coach.

Raptor
11-16-2009, 05:43 PM
I want a GM that knows how to pick a HC. Once we have that I dont care if he's proven or not as long as he is good

WeAreArthurMoates
11-16-2009, 06:21 PM
I too want a superbowl winning coach but it does scare me a coach has never won two superbowls with two different teams. I'd love a Shanny, Holmgren type of coach but I would be completely satisfied with a guy like Russ Grimm. He's exactly the type of personality we need in Buffalo.

T-Long
11-16-2009, 06:28 PM
I feel like it's going to be Mike Nolan/Mike Zimmer/Brian Schottenheimer

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-16-2009, 06:29 PM
i think it was a forgone conclusion at the end of LAST season that Dick was gone... look how that turned out.
No guarantee he's gone this end of season.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2009, 07:50 PM
According your standards, Billick would probably be the most likely candidate.

justasportsfan
11-16-2009, 08:25 PM
a HC with a sb ring will cost more than 3 million. Ralphy would be 3 million short.At least

Jeff1220
11-16-2009, 08:42 PM
George Seifert or Barry Switzer would probably in RW's price range.
:brilliant:

Prov401
11-16-2009, 09:37 PM
My pipe dream is Shanahan. However, of the Superbowl winning coaches, I would not be suprised to see Billick get the only interview. Don't forget as well, there is going to be some coaches fired this year. Most noteably on the hot seat other than Jauron are, John Fox, Jack Del Rio, and Wade Phillips (though I highly doubt the Bills even interview him). I think Fox and Del Rio are upgrades over Jauron, and both have been in the playoffs this decade. I don't think it will ever happen, but I remember that before Mularkey was hired, Jimmy Johnson was rumored to have been a coaching canidate in the NFL that year. That was also over 6 years ago, but I would love to pry him off of FOX. I know it won't happen, so don't bash me. I truly don't know what the Bills will do. It does start at the top though, as most have noted. Holmgren would be perfect IMO. However, that takes $$$$$$$$$$$$

MassEffect218435
11-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Z-I-M-M-E-R

sdbillsfan2
11-16-2009, 10:02 PM
I feel like it's going to be Mike Nolan/Mike Zimmer/Brian Schottenheimer

I don't know why ,but I have a feeling Brian Schottenheimer's name will come up too. I think we need a little more . Do Marty and Ralph get along ?

paladin warrior
11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I want New GM is Megan Fox http://www.thehouseofblog.com/wp-content/gallery/megan-fox/megan%20fox.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDhLJwJLUs8AsF2jzbkF/SIG=130e6cttd/EXP=1258518731/**http%3A//www.thehouseofblog.com/wp-content/gallery/megan-fox/megan%2520fox.jpg):date:

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2009, 10:50 PM
I want New GM is Megan Fox http://www.thehouseofblog.com/wp-content/gallery/megan-fox/megan%20fox.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDhLJwJLUs8AsF2jzbkF/SIG=130e6cttd/EXP=1258518731/**http%3A//www.thehouseofblog.com/wp-content/gallery/megan-fox/megan%2520fox.jpg):date:

You definitely just whacked off or are about to.

X-Era
11-17-2009, 05:35 AM
I would agree that we need a GM if I wouldn't rather have a GM/HC.

My worry with a GM is that he will want to make a name for himself by hiring some coord in the hopes that he becomes the next big head coach.

Nope, we've gone that route, it sucks for us.