PDA

View Full Version : Schobel: "What are we doing here?"

Philagape
11-16-2009, 06:32 PM
DE Schobel questions Bills’ lack of direction

By JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—Resigned to missing the playoffs for his ninth straight year in Buffalo, defensive end Aaron Schobel(notes) questioned the Bills lack of direction with seven games remaining in their season.

“It’s embarrassing,” the longest-tenured player on the Bills roster said Monday, a day after a 41-17 loss at Tennessee dropped Buffalo’s record to 3-6. “I mean, we’re technically, mathematically still in it, I guess, but it’s like what … are we doing here?”

Speaking within earshot of several Bills officials near the entrance of the locker room, Schobel expressed his frustration, but stopped short in explaining what he thinks the franchise’s problems are by saying: “That’s about all I can say without saying what I want to say.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-billsinturmoil&prov=ap&type=lgns

Meathead
11-16-2009, 06:34 PM
ouch

SeatownBillsFan21
11-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Good for him speak you mind Aaron

T-Long
11-16-2009, 06:39 PM
finally. Way to speak up Aaron

Ickybaluky
11-16-2009, 06:41 PM
He wasn't questioning the direction when they signed him to that big contract extension with 3 years left on his old deal, guaranteeing him millions.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-16-2009, 06:44 PM
He wasn't questioning the direction when they signed him to that big contract extension with 3 years left on his old deal, guaranteeing him millions.

now hes 3 years farther down the toilet and fed up I guess.

Stewie
11-16-2009, 06:44 PM
He wasn't questioning the direction when they signed him to that big contract extension with 3 years left on his old deal, guaranteeing him millions. ... because now we've won 21 games over those three full seasons.. then this years mess.. and he had a streak where he wasn't playing up to par, but aaron schoebel is not the bills problem

ParanoidAndroid
11-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Maybe he was hopeful, like we were.

Nighthawk
11-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, I guess not everybody loves Jauron and the management at One Bills Drive. It was only a matter of time before this started to happen...I'd like to hear more players start to speak up.

BillsFanInNM
11-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Well, I guess not everybody loves Jauron and the management at One Bills Drive. It was only a matter of time before this started to happen...I'd like to hear more players start to speak up.

exactly...what would happen to them if they did? get cut? that would be the best thing for their careers.

Patti120
11-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Maybe he was hopeful, like we were.

You gotta BILLIEVE!!! LOL!

BuffaloBlitz83
11-16-2009, 07:32 PM
I like Aaron. He's been one of few positives this year. He plays hard, nobody held a gun to Ralph's head to give him that huge deal.

gil
11-16-2009, 07:44 PM
It's about time people started speaking up from within the organization - I want to see the whole house of cards Ralph has built come crashing down.

Oldbillsfan
11-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Do the Bills suck on purpose?

Raptor
11-16-2009, 07:52 PM

Would you?

bosshogg21
11-16-2009, 07:55 PM
I feel bad for the guy. His whole career and no playoffs? Do you know how hard that is to do? Good for him, speak up. All of them should do it.

DMBcrew36
11-16-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't like Schobel, but I'm happy to hear him saying this:

Speaking within earshot of several Bills officials near the entrance of the locker room, Schobel expressed his frustration, but stopped short in explaining what he thinks the franchise’s problems are by saying: “That’s about all I can say without saying what I want to say.”

Schobel doesn't speak much, it seems, so I think people are more inclined to listen when he talks.

sdbillsfan2
11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Players are now showing their pissed and speaking up. Shouting matches on the side lines. Let the in fighting begin . Dick Jauron has offiically lost control of this team.

Way to go Dick, I can hear those coffin nails in your coaching career now!

:bigwave::hammer:

TacklingDummy
11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
He's one to talk. He hasn't done crap in years.

Start by looking in the mirror Aaron. I'll be glad when the Bills cut this turd in the off season.

OpIv37
11-16-2009, 07:59 PM
I've never been a huge fan of Schobel but Im with him on this one. Schobel, Moulds, McGee.... These guys are good but could have been better on another team. Instead, they withered away in Buffalo while this idiotic d
franchise spun it's wheels.

Pretty soon, we'll be able to add Evans and Lynch to that list, along with Byrd and McKelvin if they're dumb enough to stay.

malo
11-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Good for him. It's about time someone drops the pc garbage and tells it like it is.

TacklingDummy
11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Good for him. It's about time someone drops the pc garbage and tells it like it is.
Jauron should call out Schobel for sucking.

malo
11-16-2009, 08:04 PM

If that what he sees when reviewing the game tape.

unpaid_bills
11-16-2009, 08:11 PM
he doesnt suck he did make the ProBowl 1 year. He would be good if had some help around him, could stay healthy, bulked up about 10lbs, lost the beard, etc. other than that he's a great player.:drool:

OpIv37
11-16-2009, 08:11 PM
He's one to talk. He hasn't done crap in years.

Start by looking in the mirror Aaron. I'll be glad when the Bills cut this turd in the off season.
I hear ya and I don't disagree. Schobel generally hasn't played up to his potential or his contract. But he can't do it himself. In the last 5 years, who has this team brought in to clog the middle or rush from the other side? Stroud is good and Williams is ok but everyone else has been a dismal failure: Tripplett, Tim Anderson, Hargrove, Darwin Walker, McCargo, Maybin (so far- he may come around and he may not). Can you blame Schobel for his frustration? I sure as he'll can't.

kelly2reed4six
11-16-2009, 08:12 PM
FINALLY! ***** this is music to my ears! Hopefully this will make some other players get vocal! Maybe, just MAYBE, that will be what gets it through ralphie's thick skull that a huge change is necessary.

Jeff1220
11-16-2009, 08:53 PM
I now respect Schobel more.

bluerosekiller
11-16-2009, 09:35 PM

Oh, I'm sure he's SO sorry now for daring to speak his mind in a critical way about his great head coach ...

Piss off. He has a right to speak his mind & the fact that you're actually on Dick's side on this matter says a whole lot about you & your intellect. Or lack there of.
Dick lover.

clumping platelets
11-16-2009, 10:42 PM
:clap:

TacklingDummy
11-16-2009, 10:52 PM
I hear ya and I don't disagree. Schobel generally hasn't played up to his potential or his contract. But he can't do it himself. In the last 5 years, who has this team brought in to clog the middle or rush from the other side? Stroud is good and Williams is ok but everyone else has been a dismal failure: Tripplett, Tim Anderson, Hargrove, Darwin Walker, McCargo, Maybin (so far- he may come around and he may not). Can you blame Schobel for his frustration? I sure as he'll can't.

There's many players the coaching staff should call out for sucking.

Any coach that comes here better hope a new GM comes along also. If not, we'll be making excuses for the next Bills coach.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2009, 10:55 PM
I've never been a huge fan of Schobel but Im with him on this one. Schobel, Moulds, McGee.... These guys are good but could have been better on another team. Instead, they withered away in Buffalo while this idiotic d
franchise spun it's wheels.

Pretty soon, we'll be able to add Evans and Lynch to that list, along with Byrd and McKelvin if they're dumb enough to stay.

I wish I could thank and groan this post.

TacklingDummy
11-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Oh, I'm sure he's SO sorry now for daring to speak his mind in a critical way about his great head coach ...

Piss off. He has a right to speak his mind & the fact that you're actually on Dick's side on this matter says a whole lot about you & your intellect. Or lack there of.
Dick lover.

Sorry man but if Trent performed, Schobel performed, McFumbles didn't fumble, Roscoe wasn't dumb, Lynch performed, the line didn't suck etc...This season would be a lot different.

Coaches can't run the plays for the players.

bluerosekiller
11-16-2009, 11:40 PM
apologist.

there are several coaches that consistently field far more competitive, even contending teams with less talent than the bills have.

how can you deny that jauron's teams are far too often under prepared to play & that his calls on gameday are poor at best & more often, damned befuddling & even moronic?

TacklingDummy
11-16-2009, 11:43 PM
there are several coaches that consistently field far more competitive, even contending teams with less talent than the bills have.

Name one.

Name one coach who won consistently who had to deal with garbage QB's Dick has had to deal with his whole career.

YardRat
11-17-2009, 05:32 AM
The only thing Jauron has to hang his hat on is the locker room...If he's lost that he's as good as gone.

ddaryl
11-17-2009, 06:22 AM
where were these comments at the end of preseason when it was obvious this team had little to no chance.

Where were the outbursts when we gutted our OL for the all rookie line

trapezeus
11-17-2009, 08:25 AM
but what is it that schobel wants to say? he said he couldn't say what he wants to say. what is he frustrated with as a player. is he just limited to being pissed at the offense? is he one of the guys who thinks they are close and just need an offense? And is that him calling out Trent? has trent totally lost this team?

Or is he a big picture guy saying,"i hate this front office because when i signed they told me they'd get me help and they haven't done anything for me"

I would love to know what schobel is thinking and where he assigns blame.

HHURRICANE
11-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Schobel, did nothing to lead this team as a senior guy on this team.

Now he's going to come out of his hole and finally question things when it was obvious to the fans in pre-season that this team was going to suck.

Plus he can't say what he thinks? Why? He's the most over paid player on this team. How many sacks does he have this year?

justasportsfan
11-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Sorry man but if Trent performed, Schobel performed, McFumbles didn't fumble, Roscoe wasn't dumb, Lynch performed, the line didn't suck etc...This season would be a lot different.

Coaches can't run the plays for the players.
they are only running what the coaches are telling them to run. Right now the coaches are telling them to bring a screw driver to a gun fight.

For someone who's so big on TOP , you sure forget that the reason why the D is on the field is because the O gives the ball back a whole lot. Why? Because Dicks O has sucked his entire career as a HC. Thats not even a trend anymore but a given coaching problem. So the problem is the HC doesn't know how to run an O and it affects the D.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2009, 09:10 AM
DE Schobel questions Bills’ lack of direction

By JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—Resigned to missing the playoffs for his ninth straight year in Buffalo, defensive end Aaron Schobel(notes) questioned the Bills lack of direction with seven games remaining in their season.

“It’s embarrassing,” the longest-tenured player on the Bills roster said Monday, a day after a 41-17 loss at Tennessee dropped Buffalo’s record to 3-6. “I mean, we’re technically, mathematically still in it, I guess, but it’s like what … are we doing here?”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-billsinturmoil&prov=ap&type=lgns

i hope the Bills officials run back and tell The Old Fart too. it's about time somebody spoke up. :bf1:

yordad
11-17-2009, 09:23 AM
I think he stopped talking right before it started getting good.