PDA

View Full Version : Fitzpatrick should not be starting over Edwards.

HHURRICANE
11-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Edwards deserves plenty of criticism but there is absolutely no reason to start Fitzpatrick over Edwards.

Jauron is obvioulsy trying to use Edwards as the scapegoat.

I would like to see some of our younger guys develop and Edwards is still a better passer at the end of the day than Fitzpatrick.

If you want to shake things up than start Hamden. We already know Fitzpatrick is only going to do worse.

Question: Edwards is a preety smart guy. How did he miss a read that both Reed and Owens saw? Is he still bothered by the concussion?

HHURRICANE
11-17-2009, 09:13 AM
By the way we are definately drafting a QB.

mybills
11-17-2009, 09:14 AM
maybe he's not as smart as you think he is.

HHURRICANE
11-17-2009, 09:16 AM
maybe he's not as smart as you think he is.

That's not just my opinion. His IQ is not an issue. His guts are another story.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2009, 09:16 AM
just throw Hamdan in there. he can't be any worse.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2009, 09:17 AM
That's not just my opinion. His IQ is not an issue. His guts are another story.

don't feed the Lickers. :shakeno:

mybills
11-17-2009, 09:18 AM
anyone who defends Edwards at this point is a licker!

MikeInRoch
11-17-2009, 09:20 AM
I think he just doesn't care so much any more. Maybe he's thinking about life after football.

OpIv37
11-17-2009, 09:32 AM
It really doesn't matter. We aren't going to win no matter who plays qb.
and even if we win a few games, it's almost impossible to make the playoffs this season. Another wasted football season thanks to Ralph and Dick.

yordad
11-17-2009, 09:33 AM
I think he just doesn't care so much any more. Maybe he's thinking about life after football.He was doing that prior to being drafted. No joke.

Was Fitz announced the starter or something?

HHURRICANE
11-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Was Fitz announced the starter or something?

It's looking that way based on what I read this morning.

HHURRICANE
11-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Let me be clear. I'm over Edwards. He has no guts and he's not a leader.

But no matter what he still gives us the best chance to win and even though the season is over I'd like to see some other guys show their stuff. Having Fitzpatrick over throw Johnson or Hardy isn't going to help develop these guys.

The only reason Jauron benches Edwards is in some desperate hope of keeping his job.

Why not play Hamden? Hamden can't do worse. Fitzpatrick has been god awful out there so why would he help the team?

mybills
11-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Let me be clear. I'm over Edwards. He has no guts and he's not a leader.

That's why you thanked SAB's "Licker" comment.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2009, 09:43 AM
anyone who defends Edwards at this point is a licker!

come up with your own clique name. don't steal mine. :shakeno:

SABURZFAN
11-17-2009, 09:43 AM

leave me out of this. thank you. :mad:

HHURRICANE
11-17-2009, 09:46 AM

?????

elltrain22
11-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't good enough to start for us, Cleveland, Oakland, and/or any other UFL team. Thats what I think of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2009, 09:53 AM
?????

don't even bother.....

GreedoII
11-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Dickless has been flopping QB's his whole career as a head coach. This is his MO. He did it in Chicago now he's doing it here. I mean it's scary how parrallel it is with his tenure there and here:

Rotating QB's
Terrible offense
Firing offensive coordinators
Injuries
Losing close games
Dumb game day decisions
Easy camps

I think it's the coach.....

BuffaloBlitz83
11-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Jauron's looks like such a toolbag. So unprofessional and clueless playing musical chair at QB. Every week he switches between Edwards and Fitz, no wonder this offense never jells LOL.

I hope he starts Fitspatrick or Hamden. It will give us the BEST OPPORTUNITY to get BLOWN OUT by Jags. He looks so pathetic trying to save his job, too late PAL! You are the worst coach in NFL, Up there with Mangini!

yordad
11-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I think Hamden should get a shot. If he sucks, which he probably will, we are back to Edwards. But, I do think Edwards is slightly better then Fitz. In fact, I have no idea why we targeted Fitz in the offseason, after I've had the chance to watch him more closely.

Jan Reimers
11-17-2009, 10:18 AM
I think it makes very little difference. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. Or maybe Smart and Smarter (but almost equally ineffective).

BuffaloBlitz83
11-17-2009, 10:56 AM
I think Hamden should get a shot. If he sucks, which he probably will, we are back to Edwards. But, I do think Edwards is slightly better then Fitz. In fact, I have no idea why we targeted Fitz in the offseason, after I've had the chance to watch him more closely.

Knowing our FO, If Hamdan goes 6 TDs, 5 INTs down stretch, they will give him 2010 to see if they found the next big thing. Wasting another year. Hamdan is the 3rd string QB on the team with prob the worst depth at the position in entire NFL.

Ed
11-17-2009, 11:26 AM
This team is such a pathetic joke and I'm usually a huge optimist rah-rah kind of guy. Starting Fitzy makes zero sense.

At least it's snowboarding season now so I don't have to waste my sundays watching this hopeless franchise. It's truly sad that we still have 7 games left and it's like the off-season can't get here fast enough.

trapezeus
11-17-2009, 11:30 AM
edwards is done here for sure. but if you had to list in order why the bills lost the game on sunday, QB play isn't in the top 3 in my opinion.

1. coaching - the penalty issue and sneaking on 3rd and a long 1
2. excruciating LB core with a safety pretending to be a big guy - this group didn't cover anyone, was constantly chasing runners, didn't make any tackles. It is 100% clear that mitchell isn't our guy (from previous games), Poz is only as good as the cast that surrounds him and we have no 3rd LB and we apparently have zero depth at this position
3. DL sucks just as bad - The bills couldn't get push when the Titans had the OL and two TE. then the titans went to just two tackles, two guards and a center. the bills got no closer to the QB. That's pathetic. and of course, they got torched on the run for the 9th time in 9 games this year and im sure i could go back to last year.

Don't get me wrong. Trent's final drive was just indicative of the entire season. dumping down until you can't do it anymore and then getting picked off. I'm getting the sense that he is making the wrong reads and that's why they yanked him. Even for Jauron, there is no way they decided to run the same play 3 times in a row to the same exact spot on the field. Edwards brain is mush, his teams seems to have no respect for him (Evans second touchdown, edwards didn't even bother to go over and congratulate him) and he's not fighting to get it back from anyone.

Going into this year, i thought edwards needed to show improvement in play by getting longer passes (not the bomb) but the 10-20 yard variety, stay healthy, and deal with bad weather.

He's failed 2 of 3 and the bad weather is coming. I fully expect him to fail all three at this point. But i'm still not sold on this draft class. i just don't see a guy to build around and even if i did, i'm not excited to send him behind this rag tag line. The Bills need a LT like no one's business. They need butler to come back strong, and then they all need to be coached better so they don't get blown off the ball.

until that happens, a rookie QB, no matter how saintly and savior-like he looks, is not going to do well here.

streetkings01
11-17-2009, 11:35 AM
This season smells just like 2005!