Per NFL.com

www.nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com/)

Jaybird
11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
YES YES YES

I need to go change my underwear

Philagape
OMG!!! There's light at the end of the 1,000-mile tunnel!!

madness
Get the **** out!

billser
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The King
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
:bravo:

Fewell gets the nod at interim Head Coach

Jaybird
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
TODAY IS A GREAT DAY TO BE A BILLS FAN

Dr. Pepper
11-17-2009, 01:40 PM
HALLE****INGLUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIME TO BREAK OPEN A BOTTLE OF WINE IM CELEBRATING TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Demon
11-17-2009, 01:41 PM
WOW. Thank god. Thank GOD that era is over.

SquishDaFish
I just creamed my pants when I saw it on nflnetwork

Michael82
HOLY ****! Are you serious?!? Wow! Maybe Ralph finally sees what we fans are seeing! :shocked:

:dance: :jig: :dance3:

SquishDaFish
Its scrolling on bottom of nflnetwork

NorthCarBills
11-17-2009, 01:42 PM
YES YES YES

I need to go change my underwear

I'm changing mine AND putting on my special weekend lucky pair.

Jan Reimers
Let's hope it's true.

Mudflap1
Why now? What's the point? As usual, we are behind the times. This should've happened 3-4 weeks ago, or else not until the end of the season.

SABURZFAN
WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:

Tbuffalobills
Fired- Mmmm...hope its True!!!

Demon
11-17-2009, 01:43 PM

The best day in the decade?

Mahdi
Wow.

This means they are giving someone inside the organization a shot at the HC job.

This is horrible news. If Bobby April or Fewell get the job and somehow win some games they could keep the job next year.

I want a big time GM/Coach hiring and THIS is not a sign that that will happen.

SquishDaFish
Perry Fewell is the replacement

Michael82
BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam:

Dr. Pepper
11-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Wow.

This means they are giving someone inside the organization a shot at the HC job.

This is horrible news. If Bobby April or Fewell get the job and somehow win some games they could keep the job next year.

I want a big time GM/Coach hiring and THIS is not a sign that that will happen.

stop, this is a HAPPY thread. dont rain on our parade please, its the best news we've gotten in YEARS.

Mudflap1
Perry Fewell is the interim head coach.

SquishDaFish
Perry Fewell expected to be named replacement

SquishDaFish
11-17-2009, 01:45 PM
About ****ING TIME!!

SquishDaFish
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8144712f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Philagape
TODAY IS THE GREATEST DAY OF THIS DECADE

Michael82
Perry Fewell is the replacement

:ill:

Jaybird
11-17-2009, 01:46 PM
The best day in the decade?

just might be

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 01:46 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8144712f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

OpIv37
11-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Fewell's an idiot too but this is still good news!!

madness
11-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Posted to the front page! :up:

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Looks like Beastmode beat me by one minute in the other thread. At any rate... rejoice!

Mahdi
stop, this is a HAPPY thread. dont rain on our parade please, its the best news we've gotten in YEARS.
Well, Im not quite ready to drink the cool-aid yet.

Just because Jauron was fired that doesn't mean things will change. Ralph is still here and he can just as easily go the cheap route once again.

Fewell as the replacement is just another way for Ralph to POSSIBLY save money by making a big hire in the offseason.

Ickybaluky
If Fewell finishes with a decent record (lets say wins like 4 games), and Wilson uses it as a reason to take away his interim status, I don't want to be around here when this place goes nuclear.

Luisito23
11-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Really surprised, and overjoyed at the news!!!!

madness
Oh ****, I wonder if the FO didn't like his decision to start Fitz over Trent. :scared:

Mudflap1
Now that I think about it... didn't Jauron give us a hint yesterday at his press conference? Pat, what did he say? Something like "I can only make changes that I am control over, which is with the football team." Was kind of uncharacteristic and cryptic of him to say that. He knew then he was about to go.

Philagape
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_92n5SCxaKVY/Rwr_2OFkhQI/AAAAAAAAAIA/wVGeOosTiO4/s400/george%2Bwilson.bmp
http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/090808-bills-vlg-8p.widec.jpg

madness
11-17-2009, 01:51 PM
J. Byrd for head coach! :snicker:

Demon
11-17-2009, 01:52 PM
If Fewell finishes with a decent record (lets say wins like 4 games), and Wilson uses it as a reason to take away his interim status, I don't want to be around here when this place goes nuclear.

Nope. Looks like Vic Carucci broke the story to Jason LaConftra.... Carucci said few days ago big changes will be made this off-season. He knows something is up. What he said few days ago, was coming from one of his sources and this move just makes sure the Bills will make a major change this winter.

Miami_Vice
Thats too bad if true.

As a Dolphin fan, I loved Jauron.

Hopefully you guys get another lameduck, used up coach. I hear Denny Green needs work lol

Mahdi
Funny how everyone thinks this is something good. This is the WORST thing that could have happened for those who were hoping for a big time coach.

Ralph is just HOPING and PRAYING that Fewell wins some games so he can say "Hey look, Fewell is a good young coach, lets stick with him and see where it goes" "He also knows the players and they love him blah blah."

I hope Im wrong.

Michael82
11-17-2009, 01:53 PM
I wonder if TO knew something. He tweeted this right as the NFL.com breaking news story was up....

terrellowens (http://twitter.com/terrellowens)
(http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
Wassup everytweeter? It's a beautiful day n the neighborhood here n good 'ol Buffalo!

OpIv37
11-17-2009, 01:53 PM

He's better than Jauron. A ******ed chimp with a magic 8 ball is better than Jauron.

Demon
11-17-2009, 01:54 PM
I wonder if TO knew something. He tweeted this right as the NFL.com breaking news story was up....

Wassup everytweeter? It's a beautiful day n the neighborhood here n good 'ol Buffalo!

Not to stir anything up but weird how Owens posted that like 5 minutes after it was reported.

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Funny how everyone thinks this is something good. This is the WORST thing that could have happened for those who were hoping for a big time coach.

Ralph is just HOPING and PRAYING that Fewell wins some games so he can say "Hey look, Fewell is a good young coach, lets stick with him and see where it goes" "He also knows the players and they love him blah blah."

I disagree. Ralph needs a reason to have the fanbase energized next season so he can sell tickets, so he's going to have to do better than that.

Translation -- Jauron wouldn't take a negotiated buyout earlier in the year, but now he has agreed to take a hair cut on the 2+ years remaining on his deal and got his walking papers today.

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Not to stir anything up but weird how Owens posted that like 5 minutes after it was reported.

I don't know... T.O. supposedly really liked Jauron. Unless he was lying.

Michael82
11-17-2009, 01:55 PM

It's not weird. You could tell that TO wasn't a Jauron fan. I was just waiting for him to start screaming at him on the sideline.

Iehoshua
11-17-2009, 01:56 PM

Ask him.

OpIv37
11-17-2009, 01:56 PM

I hope Im wrong.

Is Fewell the answer? Probably not.

Is Jauron the answer? Definitely not.

I'll take my chances.

Mahdi
11-17-2009, 01:58 PM

I'll take my chances.
Our chances would have been better if we had fired Jauron after the season, that way Ralph would have no choice but to hire a big time coach.

This situation was the only way Ralph could avoid spending the cash.

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 01:58 PM

I'll take my chances.

Let's support the guy. He's been trying. It's not his fault (at least not completely) that his defense is decimated. When somewhat healthy, the defense had kept the team in games.

That being said, I want a big-time guy in the offseason. In the meantime though, Fewell deserves to get a warm reception next home game, as he is at least NOT Jauron on the sidelines.

SquishDaFish
11-17-2009, 01:59 PM
I dont give a **** if this is his way of not hiring someone big. This gets the useless trash out of Buffalo.

bigbry
Congrats Bills fans! Good for you, but I liked the Borg.
BTW, Wilson still owns the team.

Block "O"
People get off the Fewell theme. Its neccessary !!!! You can't get a quality coach to come in at the middle of the season. This is all a part of the process of getting a new coach. R-E-L-A-X

OpIv37
11-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Our chances would have been better if we had fired Jauron after the season, that way Ralph would have no choice but to hire a big time coach.

This situation was the only way Ralph could avoid spending the cash.

Our chances would have been better if we had fired Jauron after LAST season, but Ralph blew his load and gave him a contract at 5-1 before he tanked the 2nd half of the season. What difference does it make? If Fewell sucks, he gets canned at the end of the off-season too. Most interim coaches don't make it into the next year.

Damn, I'm the optimist in this thread? How the hell did that happen?

Mahdi
11-17-2009, 02:00 PM
I dont give a **** if this is his way of not hiring someone big. This gets the useless trash out of Buffalo.
And sets us up for another year (next year) of losing.

Glad yer happy about it. Enjoy.

Philagape
11-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Fewell is horrible too, so we can relax about a late-season turnaround :dance:

djjimkelly
11-17-2009, 02:02 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

**** YOU DICK LOL

Michael82
11-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Buffalo Bills just confirmed it via VCoach! :bf1:

hammerbillsfan
bye bye DICK :bigwave:

:dance2: :jig:

Mahdi
Our chances would have been better if we had fired Jauron after LAST season, but Ralph blew his load and gave him a contract at 5-1 before he tanked the 2nd half of the season. What difference does it make? If Fewell sucks, he gets canned at the end of the off-season too. Most interim coaches don't make it into the next year.

Damn, I'm the optimist in this thread? How the hell did that happen?
The problem is that IF Fewell does well in the last 7 games, HE STAYS. And so does the FO.

I assume yer happy with our Financial Rep masquerading as a GM.

historypete
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Ralph doesn't stop here. It is time to move out Modrak and Guy also. They are another major problem that needs to be addressed. Better to do that now and start looking forward so we can be in a position to get the best guys available. Hell lets even move Brandon back to Marketing so we can start looking for the best person to fill his shoes.

I just hope this move is a signal that the whole thing is going to blown up.

Mahdi
11-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Fewell is horrible too, so we can relax about a late-season turnaround :dance:
All it will take is 4 wins for Ralph to keep him.

Then we can push rewind and play for the 2010 Bills.

Fact is, I like Fewell, but Fewell will not change this entire organization and that is what the Bills need.

imbondz
11-17-2009, 02:05 PM
WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

Bills Juggernaut
11-17-2009, 02:05 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael82
11-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I love this....

Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter)
(http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
It's true. Dick Jauron fired. He was blindsided by the news. Got summoned to Detroit to meet with Ralph Wilson. And was kicked to the curb.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Best news I've heard all season. I like Perry and hope he suceeds but no way he wins 4 or 5 games. This offseason will be a good one.

Philagape
Singing:

No more
Mr. Nice Guy

:band:
:jam: :xtreme: :rockout:

bob86
Jauron relieved of coaching duties

Chris Brown, Lead Journalist

Posted 7 minutes ago

In a dramatic early week bomb shell Bills owner Ralph Wilson has relieved head coach Dick Jauron of his coaching duties.

“I am announcing today that I am relieving Dick Jauron from his duties as our head coach, effectively immediately," said Wilson in a team statement. "I have tremendous respect for Dick and thank him for all of his efforts during these past four years. While this was a very difficult decision, I felt that it is one that needed to be made at this time for the best interest of our team. We will now focus on moving forward and preparing for our game this week in Jacksonville.”
There is no word yet from the organization as to who will serve as interim head coach for the remaining seven games.

Jauron coached the Bills to three consecutive 7-9 seasons before this season’s 3-6 record through the first nine games, but struggles on the offensive side of the ball plagued his tenure in Buffalo. Much more to come on this story on Buffalobills.com later today.

Banks81
11-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Let the Cowher talk commence.

cocamide
11-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Why now? What's the point? As usual, we are behind the times. This should've happened 3-4 weeks ago, or else not until the end of the season.

What if we happened to show promise at the end of the year? There would be a possibility that he'd be back. We cannot take that chance.

BuffaloRanger
11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Why do some people think that Ralph would have hired a big time coach if he fired Jauron at the end of the year? He could still have hired Fewell or any other scrub. This ensures an offseason house cleaning. Guy and Modrak better be included.

This team will not win more then 3 more games. That's not going to be enough to make Fewell the HC next year.

THANK YOU BUD ADAMS FOR FINALLY EMBARRASSING RALPH ENOUGH TO MAKE A CHANGE.

Philagape
11-17-2009, 02:12 PM
All it will take is 4 wins for Ralph to keep him.

Then we can push rewind and play for the 2010 Bills.

Fact is, I like Fewell, but Fewell will not change this entire organization and that is what the Bills need.

If Fewell can't make a difference, then what makes you think he will this year? This team is only getting worse.

Mr. Pink
This team doesn't have the talent to win football games.

The gameplanning will be the same anyways.

Don't worry about Fewell being here next year.

He'll likely win 1-2 games, just like what we would have done regardless.

yordad
You mean I've been wasting my time arguing about gay marriage for the past 35 minutes in the spin zone all the while this much more important gem of information was sitting on the main forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLLY COWSER!!!!!

trapezeus
11-17-2009, 02:14 PM
a bit fitting that the right time to let Jauron go was over the bye, just like the right time to part with Walker was during training camp or earlier. What goes around......

mysticsoto
11-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Well, I think I would have rathered April take over than Fewell, but at this point, I'll take any change.

However, people shouldn't be jumping for joy yet. Fewell being head coach is not going to wash away the "we know how to lose" aura that Jauron has branded on these players!

Jaybird
it is normal that i feel like i just got married or had a baby?

Mahdi
Why do some people think that Ralph would have hired a big time coach if he fired Jauron at the end of the year? He could still have hired Fewell or any other scrub. This ensures an offseason house cleaning. Guy and Modrak better be included.

This team will not win more then 3 more games. That's not going to be enough to make Fewell the HC next year.

THANK YOU BUD ADAMS FOR FINALLY EMBARRASSING RALPH ENOUGH TO MAKE A CHANGE.
Because if he fires Jauron at the end of the year then he has to go outside the organization and hire a big time coach, because the fans will not buy tickets unless something big happens.

By giving Fewell this opportunity he is hoping he wins some games so he can have an excuse to the fans to not pay another coach. "Perry has done such a great job since taking over and he deserves a chance to continue as the HC of the Bills" is what Ralph would say.

And then nothing would change, no house cleaning, nothing.

cocamide
11-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Maybe Wilson doesn't like getting flicked off.

Demon
11-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Honestly, i think the front office is a massive mess right now. On Friday, Bills front office told ESPN they are NOT making any changes at head coach MID-SEASON. ESPN reported it few times. Half a week later, Ralph on his own fires Jauron?

IMO, Fewell will be coach and the search for a new GM is about to start.

Philagape
11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
because the fans will not buy tickets unless something big happens.

How has that changed?

The Spaz
11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
The Bills fired a dick but can they hire someone with a sac?

trapezeus
11-17-2009, 02:20 PM
actually it's better that the went "over" april and went to Fewell. it pretty much sums up that they are just riding the season to the basement. If they went with april, that signifies to me that they want to see what this guy in the wings has got.

By putting Fewell in a situation where they know they have offensive problems and they took the OC, kinda suggests that they literally have no interest in keeping the same model for next year, and maybe this counts for the rooney rule so that they can install who they need to install as quickly as possible.

adamprez
11-17-2009, 02:20 PM
congratulations bills fans. was hoping you guys would give this scrub another year but you've cut the chord. you have a decent core to build off and all you need is a competant head coach who can build on it. I think this offseason is going to have alot of quality head coaching possibilities so you might finally get that right fit for your organization

Oldbillsfan
11-17-2009, 02:32 PM
buh bye!!! (golf clap)

hammerbillsfan
11-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Ralph Wilson statement coming up on NFL Net.

SquishDaFish
11-17-2009, 02:35 PM
NFLNetwork says they will have Ralph Wilson coming up. I dont know if its live like on the phone or just his press release.

imbondz
11-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Ralph Wilson statement coming up on NFL Net.

link?

BillsWin
11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Greatest day for a Bills fan in a very long time.

psubills62
11-17-2009, 02:47 PM

They're playing the following schedule:

@ Jax
Miami
NYJ
@KC
NE
@Atlanta
Indy

Not sure I see four wins in there. Jax is iffy, maybe KC, possibly one divisional game. That's a lot of "IF's" though.

hammerbillsfan
11-17-2009, 02:48 PM
link?

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=135411

FinFaninBuffalo
11-17-2009, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't go that far....

SquishDaFish
11-17-2009, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't go that far....

I would go that far. This is a GREAT DAY for Bills fans.

Buffalogic
11-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Great news.

But this day won't be so great if they continue to hire the wrong people. We will see if this will help in future years or maybe we will just get more of the same.

Typ0
11-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Great move. I'm sure when they try and shove next years seasons at people very soon they will be much more comfortable renewing.

Mike13
11-17-2009, 04:24 PM
How will the Bills get to their goal of 7-9 without skeletor?