• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Adam Shefter: Jauron Blindsided

Adam_Schefter
    It's true. Dick Jauron fired. He was blindsided by the news. Got summoned to Detroit to meet with Ralph Wilson. And was kicked to the curb.

• Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: Adam Shefter: Jauron Blindsided

Originally posted by homeslice5484
    Adam_Schefter
    It's true. Dick Jauron fired. He was blindsided by the news. Got summoned to Detroit to meet with Ralph Wilson. And was kicked to the curb.
    He couldn't have been that blindsided. Yesterday in his press conference he made a strange comment about how changes would be made, but he could only change what he was in charge of, or something to that effect.

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

Is this meant to remove the smile on my face??? its not working

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

well he blindsided us with his idiotic game day coaching, more than once. What goes around, comes around.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

I don't have the animosity that you do for Jauron. He's a good guy, just not a good head coach. I'm happy with the move but there's no reason to wish misery on the guy.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Could he really be that surprised?
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
              • Apr 2008

GLAD he was "blindsided."

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                I don't have the animosity that you do for Jauron. He's a good guy, just not a good head coach. I'm happy with the move but there's no reason to wish misery on the guy.
                No animosity for the guy as a person- I don't know him personally and I don't know what kind of person he is. I just know that he's a terrible football coach, and as such he deserved to be fired. Hopefully he can move on and be successful somewhere else, but he was given chance after chance here and failed consistently.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• malo
                  • Sep 2009

He was too busy reviewing game tape to notice the pink slip on his desk.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

he was far from blindsided!
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

He'll be in the NFL again next year. Guys like him seem to always get chance after chance. I'm just glad it's not with Buffalo.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

i don't wish misery for the guy. this was actually the humane thing to do. The guy was getting ripped apart, week in and week out. It's like a manager leaving a pitcher in after he just gave up 20 runs in one inning and has zero outs. get to the mound and take the ball. Spare him the indignity.

And he leaves with a nice amount of cash as a parting gift. I think everyone comes out ok in this situation.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          He'll be in the NFL again next year. Guys like him seem to always get chance after chance. I'm just glad it's not with Buffalo.
                          He would be a great DC, he just doesn't have the personality to be a good head coach.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE:

Not understanding the call, Dick Jauron just threw a red flag.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Since he can't make adjustments, he'll still show up at his office tomorrow like normal.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X