PDA

View Full Version : Theories on what happened

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 02:27 PM
EDIT: We all know Jauron and the Bills stink. That is no mystery. The question here is, what spurred the timing of Jauron to get fired today, as opposed to during the bye, after the season, or when the Bills were 1-4 and the billboard was going up?

Theory #1 - Ralph doesn't like being flipped off by a colleague (Bud Adams).

Theory #2 - Ralph and the Bills saw that someone like Jon Gruden is taken off of the coaching market for next year (one less good candidate), so the Bills know they have to start looking now for a replacement NOW that will be hired once the season's over. In the past, the Bills were stuck holding the bag as they waited to make a decision after the season was over, and good coaches were already picked over by the time they got around to firing/hiring. In this case, they can start due diligence now and have 6-7 weeks to come to a conclusion, and make a decision as soon as the season is over, getting a good coach and a good staff as opposed to leftovers and options nobody wants.

Theory #3 - Players finally started complaining about Jauron (Schobel/T.O.).

Theory #4 - The Bills suck, the holidays are coming up, and there is probably no revenue from merchandise for X-mas, etc. Jauron may have been told on the bye "win or else" and he didn't, therefore he got canned. Now at least there is "hope" which may result in merchandise sales, etc. through the holidays.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-17-2009, 02:30 PM
HIRE SHANNIHAN!

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 02:30 PM
HIRE SHANNIHAN!

Or Mike Shanahan!

Oldbillsfan
11-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Has nothing to do with sucking huh? lol

chernobylwraiths
11-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Bill Parcells!

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Has nothing to do with sucking huh? lol

That's a given. However, the question is "why today?" as opposed to over the bye, when the Bills were 1-4, after the season, etc. What broke Ralph's back today?

trapezeus
11-17-2009, 02:33 PM
i get the sense more is happening right now. They also reduced the Edwards jersey price like 20 minutes before the firing. They put fewell in almost like an FU to April. Perhaps more stuff is coming.

The players who talked about like jauron were the crappiest ones. The ones who didn't talk were the better ones and they started showing kinks in their resolve to stay quiet.

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 02:35 PM
i get the sense more is happening right now. They also reduced the Edwards jersey price like 20 minutes before the firing. They put fewell in almost like an FU to April. Perhaps more stuff is coming.

The players who talked about like jauron were the crappiest ones. The ones who didn't talk were the better ones and they started showing kinks in their resolve to stay quiet.

Me too. The timing of all this is strange.

yordad
11-17-2009, 02:38 PM
I theorize that Jauron sucks.

Philagape
11-17-2009, 02:40 PM
5. Ralph just woke up from a three-year coma.

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 02:41 PM
How are ticket sales going for the Toronto game, which is nationally televised on a Thursday night?

I sense this was a move to bring out ticket sales for Toronto, or merchandise for X-mas, or something.

Philagape
11-17-2009, 02:41 PM
6. Ralph thought was he was firing his catheter nurse.

"Dick!" "Fired!"

El Guapo
11-17-2009, 02:42 PM

Have they ever reduced a jersey like that while a player is still on the team? Edwards jerseys are 10% off. None of the others are reduced.

BertSquirtgum
11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
i'm going with phil's theory.

eee1776
11-17-2009, 02:44 PM
What happened? 3rd down..holding call...decline penalty..thats what happened.

BillsWin
11-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Marty Ball here we come. I can feel it.

bosshogg21
11-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Or Ralph does this now and put fewell in and he wins a few games that will be your new head coach guys. Cheap and simple. I hope I am wrong but the fact that he didn't wait until the end of the year makes me think he is looking to go cheapest possibility without completely pissing off the fan base. If fewell or whoever interim is wins some games and the players play hard your ******* right that will be the next head coach. Terrible move today IMHO.

Forward_Lateral
11-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Bill Parcells!

As crazy as this sounds, it would give Parcells a chance to have a hand in turning around every AFC East franchise. I'd soil my pants if they hired Parcells to be the GM.

Bills Juggernaut
11-17-2009, 03:08 PM
7. Dick called Ralph's duaghter a *****.

dannyek71
11-17-2009, 03:11 PM
He-Man finally defeated him in an epic battle.

BuffaloRanger
11-17-2009, 03:29 PM
He-Man finally defeated him in an epic battle.

Pic Please!!

Buddo
11-17-2009, 03:31 PM
EDIT: We all know Jauron and the Bills stink. That is no mystery. The question here is, what spurred the timing of Jauron to get fired today, as opposed to during the bye, after the season, or when the Bills were 1-4 and the billboard was going up?

Theory #2 - Ralph and the Bills saw that someone like Jon Gruden is taken off of the coaching market for next year (one less good candidate), so the Bills know they have to start looking now for a replacement NOW that will be hired once the season's over. In the past, the Bills were stuck holding the bag as they waited to make a decision after the season was over, and good coaches were already picked over by the time they got around to firing/hiring. In this case, they can start due diligence now and have 6-7 weeks to come to a conclusion, and make a decision as soon as the season is over, getting a good coach and a good staff as opposed to leftovers and options nobody wants.

Theory #4 - The Bills suck, the holidays are coming up, and there is probably no revenue from merchandise for X-mas, etc. Jauron may have been told on the bye "win or else" and he didn't, therefore he got canned. Now at least there is "hope" which may result in merchandise sales, etc. through the holidays.

Quite possibly a combination of it all. Yanking Edwards for Fitzgerald may also be in there, coupled with the supposed move to start Fitz next game. You can also add in yet another highly dubious call on the declined penalty.
I also think that the bye week was where things were going to be 'fixed' if they ever were. That didn't happen.
I also think it's fair to say that Jauron has looked increasingly bewildered on game days, with how the team is performing. If he had been prepared to empty the ice bucket on someones head, instead of clapping, he may have got a response.

Historian
11-17-2009, 03:32 PM
OH HAPPY DAY!!!!
(When Jesus walked...)

Michael82
11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
I think that the whole Bud Adams thing really bothered Ralph. Think of it this way...it's a long time friend of his. Adams was celebrating an ugly game by the Buffalo Bills and flipping them off. What a sign of disrespect to Ralph and his team. That and the Edwards benching had to lead to this, IMO.

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Pic Please!!

http://www.thespoof.com/sitepics/misc/resize_570399_he%20man%20and%20skel.jpg
He-Man and Skeletor, pictured moments before the evil skeleton's savage death

BuffaloRanger
11-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Maybe it was Bud saying "I got your HOF ring right here Ralph!!"

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 03:35 PM
I think that the whole Bud Adams thing really bothered Ralph. Think of it this way...it's a long time friend of his. Adams was celebrating an ugly game by the Buffalo Bills and flipping them off. What a sign of disrespect to Ralph and his team. That and the Edwards benching had to lead to this, IMO.

Here's a reverse one... maybe Ralph ordered Edwards to be benched, and Jauron disagreed... but was told he had no choice and then he was fired via a combination of all of the above reasons?

Dozerdog
11-17-2009, 03:36 PM
We can't even fire a coach in mid-season right.

We had a bye week - why not do it 2 weeks ago? At least the new guy would have had 2 weeks to get ready

JD
11-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Ralph woke up from his 10 year coma

BuffaloBlitz83
11-17-2009, 03:37 PM

Didn't you post in favor of the benching?

Historian
11-17-2009, 03:41 PM
8. Mikey82 quit buying jersies.

Michael82
11-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Didn't you post in favor of the benching?

no...I hate Edwards, but I would rather let him finish hanging himself this year. And once we see he isn't even a good backup, we can cut him. :up:

Michael82
11-17-2009, 03:45 PM
8. Mikey82 quit buying jersies.

:rofl: That's true. I didn't buy any this year yet. I bought my Lee Evans white throwback online at that DHGate site. My replica Lynch throwback was bought last year.

PECKERWOOD
11-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Shanahan, that would be pretty sweet, no doubt. Dungy and Cowher are probably unlikely, Shanahan I think is a possibility.

Mr. Pink
11-17-2009, 04:05 PM
The sad part is if the front office guys aren't fired...guess who's picking the next new head coach?

The same guys who don't know how to pick talent.

Stewie
11-17-2009, 04:13 PM

none of the above

#5: the season is now over. it wasn't a week or two ago.

billsburgh
11-17-2009, 04:14 PM
The sad part is if the front office guys aren't fired...guess who's picking the next new head coach?

The same guys who don't know how to pick talent.
:ill:

shelby
11-17-2009, 04:18 PM
:rofl: at # 1. Thanks Mr. Adams.