• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain gameboy
    • Jul 2002

Better Or Worse

So Jauron is gone.

We have the same owner and the same front office.

Blunder after blunder on GM.

Blunder after blunder at the head coach.

Blunder after blunder re the draft.

Have we rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic, or have we made a positive step?

My view is that Ralph is not connected to the talent pool in the NFL at the GM/HC level, and we will suffer from his views until he is no longer among us.

My view is that he is completely dissociated.

We can fire Jauron after Williams after Malarkey,, but until we have someone at the helm who can make personnel decisions at the GM/HC level, we are doomed to repeat.

In short, Ralph needs help, like Snyder in Washington, and it doesn't seem to me that he is looking for it.
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Re: Better Or Worse

Bills have many problems. Jauron wasn't the entire problem. However, he was a big part. Baby steps. They still have a lot of work to do but he was part of the problem.
    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• jamesiscool
      suck it fool.
      • Feb 2007

you cant can the entire front office with 6 games left. start with dick and then knock em off one by one.
      Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

YES BETTER!!!
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I agree, the problems start with the owner, go through the FO to the coach, and trickle down to the players.

But we can't cut 20 guys mid-season. We can't fire the whole FO mid-season and leave no one to run the team. At least this move shows some accountability.

When we hired Jauron, I said it was the wrong move and in 3-4 years we'd be in the same mess, and here we are. And I agree-if Ralph doesn't make a serious step to get some help at the GM level, then this cycle is just going to repeat itself.

But I still think canning Jauron is a good start.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
            shelby's big brother smilie smilie
            • Mar 2007

Nope he wasn't, the whole front office is the problem as well. There needs to be a house cleaning and no meddling owner for anyone good to come to Buffalo.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

it's the first step. I believe if they bring in a new GM mid season, then they are committed to change and we are seeing a real chance to be good.

If they keep fewell next year, Ralph is going to have an empty stadium. The fans are united on this front. we want real changes. and we all know that its not just the coaching. We need real players who know how to win.

Comment

• gameboy
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamesiscool
                you cant can the entire front office with 6 games left. start with dick and then knock em off one by one.
                I agree, but I am just saying that firing Jauronn is not a bromide for our problems.

I think that Ralph is disconnected from the rest of the NFL, and is operating on his decades of experience instead of taking the best, most recent info and guiding his franchise using that.

I would love for him to hire Charley Casserly, or someone of that level, but I fear we may no longer have that option.

Either way, I lay this at the foot of Ralph and his family pride.

This sucker went south the instant Ralph's daughter and Polian had their first harsh words.

Look at the results.

Colts?
                Bills?

Comment

• jamesiscool
                  suck it fool.
                  • Feb 2007

I'm not saying that dick was the ONLY problem but he was one of the major problems. Will we hire a great football mind like we had in Bill Polian, I do not know.

But what I do know is that when I turn on the Bills game I have one less reason to curse at the TV.
                  Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Ralph manages by a 1980s busines model.

He still looks at a handshake as a binding contract.

Hence, all the yes-men will stay...Brandon....Modrak...et al.

There will be a few sacrificial lambs in the FO, but they will be people of little consequence.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gameboy
                      I agree, but I am just saying that firing Jauronn is not a bromide for our problems.
                      Bromide?

I'm surprised with a reference like that we aren't looking for Pat MaGruder and Lou Saban as answers! :old:

Comment

• gameboy
                        • Jul 2002

Nothing wrong with handshakes binding folks to agreements.

Something seriously wrong with being unable to grasp that the world changes, and if you want to compete in this one, you need to get folks who can.

I HATED the Marv Levy hire for just that reason.

We have suffered from that decision more than any other in the last ten years.

Comment

• gameboy
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                          Bromide?

I'm surprised with a reference like that we aren't looking for Pat MaGruder and Lou Saban as answers! :old:
                          Bromide is an accepted phrase, part of the American lexicon.
                          A euphemism for "cure."

Didn't know is dated me.

Good to see you are still reading.

There are areas here that could use your effort.
                          Not that it would be a bromide, but it couldn't get any worse!
                          Last edited by Captain gameboy; 11-17-2009, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X