Dear Ralph, get ready to pay!

I'm happy with any of the following:

Mike Holmgren
Brian Billick
Mike Shanahan
John Gruden
Tony Dungy
Bill Cowher

Anyone else? Not much interest to me. I want significant upgrades only, and guy that own a SB ring as a HC, nothing less.

X-Era
11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
If we are getting a separate GM and HC, I see no reason that the search for a new GM cant start TODAY!!!!!!!!

Hell, I cant see why we wouldn't go get a dual role GM/HC starting today.

Its interesting to think of... why now?

If Vic's comments are true, maybe they in fact are getting smart and want to get their man before the bidding season begins... maybe they already have a guy in mind or even in place.

The flip side is, why now? and why not BEFORE the bye week?

Demon
11-17-2009, 05:06 PM
If we are getting a seperate GM and HC, I see no reason that the search for a new GM cant start TODAY!!!!!!!!

Hell, I cant see why we wouldn't go get a dual role GM/HC starting today.

Agreed. Since we have no heard from anyone from the front office, i really wonder if they are deciding who's staying and who's going to hit the road? If i were Ralph, i'd hire somebody as a advisory role. Marty or Jaws.

Then go spend money on a high caliber GM.

Then hire a head coach.

Michael82
11-17-2009, 05:08 PM
IF we are getting a separate GM, some young, up and coming Player Personnel guy....then I'd be fine with a rookie head coach. Someone like Zimmer or Grimm would be a good choice, IMO.

3rdn1
11-17-2009, 05:11 PM
i would even take Marty S........im just so gitty now

X-Era
IF we are getting a separate GM, some young, up and coming Player Personnel guy....then I'd be fine with a rookie head coach. Someone like Zimmer or Grimm would be a good choice, IMO.

I understand why some think this way, and its worked in the league... but ist hasnt worked here, and in that situation I think the following is true:

If you do what you've always done, you get what you've always got.

Change Mikey, not more of the same, change!

X-Era
i would even take Marty S........im just so gitty now

No interest. Is there any need to get to the playoffs only to lose?

Were trying to win a SB here, remember?

Demon
11-17-2009, 05:17 PM
No interest. Is there any need to get to the playoffs only to lose?

Were trying to win a SB here, remember?

Going with this theory, then why are you posting so much about hiring one of the former SB winning coaches? The top tier coach? No coach has ever led 2 different teams to super bowl wins.... and you somehow think our luck will change so much that the time that streak ends it will be in BUFFALO? come on... lol

We need to get a guy to make us competitive. A guy who we can go and play Brady and the Pats and give them a run for their money. We need a guy who can develop from that and make us into a playoff contender. And once we make the playoffs, then we can start thinking and whispering about the super bowl.

X-Era
11-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Going with this theory, then why are you posting so much about hiring one of the former SB winning coaches? The top tier coach? No coach has ever led 2 different teams to super bowl wins.... and you somehow think our luck will change so much that the time that streak ends it will be in BUFFALO? come on... lol

We need to get a guy to make us competitive. A guy who we can go and play Brady and the Pats and give them a run for their money. We need a guy who can develop from that and make us into a playoff contender. And once we make the playoffs, then we can start thinking and whispering about the super bowl.

No coach? Parcell's hasn't?

The job requirements you prescribe fit for the list I posted, other prior HC's can claim they can be competitive but they cant say they have won the dance, and unproven guys have no proven track record at all of doing it.

Is your requirement NOT what you though you got when we got Mularkey, Williams, or Phillips?

Im done with head coaches with supposed "potential", I want PROOF!

X-Era
12-03-2009, 06:12 AM
Just looked at this again.

Holmgren led the Packers to the SB in 1996 and 1997 with a win in 96. He then took the Seahawks to the SB in 2005.

Cowher led the Steelers to the SB in 1995, 2005, 2008 with wins in 2005 and 2008.

Shanahan led the Broncos to the SB in 1997 and 1998 and won both.

Gruden led the Bucs to a SB win in 2002 over the team he just left (Oak).

All of these guys, except Gruden, have made multiple trips to the SB, and Holmgren has done it with two different teams.

Yasgur's Farm
12-03-2009, 06:22 AM
We'll have to wait until January to get resolution on this.

jdbillsfan
12-03-2009, 07:00 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing how Perry finishes the season out and considering him. So far, I like what I see.