PDA

View Full Version : Jauron Firing Also Means Ralph "Gets It"

billsburgh
11-17-2009, 05:40 PM
But, there are reasons to think Ralph C. Wilson "gets it", and is actually willing to do "what it takes" to turn his sagging Bills franchise around. A source tells me C.O.O. Russ Brandon has already started the search for a respected football man to head up football operations, and that person would be in charge of bringing in the next head coach along with all other changes in the personnel department, and changes there will be.

this is from Ed Kilgor. If true this is even better news.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=72016&catid=4

Nighthawk
11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm liking what I've heard from Ed and Vic...it really sounds like the Bills will pay to get the right people in here to fix this mess. This is an exciting time to be a Bills fan...we have HOPE again!

baalworship
11-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Best news of the year. Our wish for total housecleaning might be granted. I am more excited than I have been in years.

I actually feel like watching some football again this Sunday.

billsburgh
11-17-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm liking what I've heard from Ed and Vic...it really sounds like the Bills will pay to get the right people in here to fix this mess. This is an exciting time to be a Bills fan...we have HOPE again!
:pray:

X-Era
11-17-2009, 05:53 PM
this is from Ed Kilgor. If true this is even better news.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=72016&catid=4

That measn one of two things:

1) We get a guy that's an unemployed GM
2) We get a guy that's going to be both GM and HC

I hope its the later, because if not, we could be looking at the Donahoe scenario part 2.

If its version 1:

We are looking at:

Charlie Casserly
Could still be Mike Holmgren if he doesn't want to coach, only be GM
I guess Cowher might fit for the Holmgren scenario, but it wouldnt seem to fit for Billick (to young), Gruden (not the type), or Shanahan (not the type).
Dungy might fit the MH scenario too, but then we might also see Vick in a Bills uni.
Others?

Ingtar33
11-17-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm praying it's Shanahan or Cowhar. Either would turn us around and make us competitive fast (Shanahan and Cowhar both beat Belichick in January).. I would even be happy with Marty Schottenheimer (dear god not his son, please not his son) as i could easily live with 12 or 13 win seasons over and over again even if we get kicked in the first round of the playoffs.

billsburgh
11-17-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm praying it's Shanahan or Cowhar. Either would turn us around and make us competitive fast (Shanahan and Cowhar both beat Belichick in January).. I would even be happy with Marty Schottenheimer (dear god not his son, please not his son) as i could easily live with 12 or 13 win seasons over and over again even if we get kicked in the first round of the playoffs.
Did Jauron ever beat Belichick? I dont think so.

Ingtar33
11-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Did Jauron ever beat Belichick? I dont think so.

nope. not once. As long as Belichick is in the AFCE we need a coach who can beat him. We can't grab some unknown coordinator who's never coached before... that's like throwing a lamb to the slaughter.

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 06:08 PM

Love it.

Mudflap1
11-17-2009, 06:09 PM
That measn one of two things:

1) We get a guy that's an unemployed GM
2) We get a guy that's going to be both GM and HC

I hope its the later, because if not, we could be looking at the Donahoe scenario part 2.

If its version 1:

We are looking at:

Charlie Casserly
Could still be Mike Holmgren if he doesn't want to coach, only be GM
I guess Cowher might fit for the Holmgren scenario, but it wouldnt seem to fit for Billick (to young), Gruden (not the type), or Shanahan (not the type).
Dungy might fit the MH scenario too, but then we might also see Vick in a Bills uni.
Others?

I disagree. I am hoping that what happened today signals a 6-7 week due diligence search for a top notch pro personnel guy, of which that guy will be hired if he is out of football right now, or be hired at the end of the season, then evaluate Modrak and Guy (and likely fire them), then bring in his head coach. I'm all for it.

billsburgh
11-17-2009, 06:10 PM
nope. not once. As long as Belichick is in the AFCE we need a coach who can beat him. We can't grab some unknown coordinator who's never coached before... that's like throwing a lamb to the slaughter.
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Belichick and his staff were game planning for the Bills. I can only imagine what Belichick says about Jauron and the Bills.

Saratoga Slim
11-17-2009, 06:16 PM
I really hope we take our time with this. I don't see any reason to rush, as there is really nothing a new GM or HC is going to be able to do during this current season anyway. Take the time necessary to pick the right guys, as opposed to rushing someone in now just to keep fans in the seats for the rest of the season.

T-Long
11-17-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm just glad that Brandon has already begun the search. The quicker we get the football op guy in, the quicker we have an answer to a HC.

X-Era
11-17-2009, 06:20 PM
I really hope we take our time with this. I don't see any reason to rush, as there is really nothing a new GM or HC is going to be able to do during this current season anyway. Take the time necessary to pick the right guys, as opposed to rushing someone in now just to keep fans in the seats for the rest of the season.

To me the rush isn't to keep fans in the seats, its to beat the other teams that will be looking for GM's and/or HC's to the punch... why not shop without competition?

Snooze and you may lose.

BILLSROCK1212
11-17-2009, 06:24 PM
We WOULD hire Casserly (that's not a good thing), he's a good talent evaluator, but in terms of being a real GM not so much. If we could get someone to fill John Guy's role I'd be fine with Casserly though. I'm very happy that Brandon is going to stay on board though because I don't want to see him lose his job for being forced into a job that isn't exactly his area of expertise.

unpaid_bills
11-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I heard thru the Grapevine Ralphie and Brandon were spotted at some local high school games recruting potential coaches.

Football is not a game, it's a business. We are not <Insert name of High End Store> we are more like <Insert your local discount store>

imbondz
11-17-2009, 06:26 PM
I want a coach that's never won the SB. Cowher and Shanahan have nothing to prove. Both going to the Hall, what do they care about bringing a SB title to Buffalo.

Marty Schottenheimer has alot to prove. And the team he had in SD was awesome.

unpaid_bills
11-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Mel Kiper for head of football operarations he seems to be a self-proclaimed draft expert.

imbondz
11-17-2009, 06:27 PM
and no coach has ever won the SB w/ two different teams.

unpaid_bills
11-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Plus Marty + Ralph can go out to breakfast early and get the double Sr. discount.

Please hire a young coach with some innovation, energy and attitude

methos4ever
11-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Don't forget, even if the new guy comes in, Modrak and Guy may not leave. And, before the torches and knives come out, let me explain. Guy can still be the capologist/negotiator ala what happened when Tannenbaum replaced the original Jets GM, who has since spent the rest of his contract working in the office assisting scouts.

Modrak really is the collector of information and can still do that for the new guy.

hydro014
11-17-2009, 06:41 PM
What about Parcells?

There have been rumors that he wants to coach again. I have heard that he has an out in his contract that would allow him to leave for a coaching job. He would then have coach and GM responsibilities. He would bring in his 3-4D, he knows talent and has built teams from the ground up before.

Just a thought, what do you guys think?

Nighthawk
11-17-2009, 06:42 PM
What about Parcells?

There have been rumors that he wants to coach again. I have heard that he has an out in his contract that would allow him to leave for a coaching job. He would then have coach and GM responsibilities. He would bring in his 3-4D, he knows talent and has built teams from the ground up before.

Don't think this will happen...

X-Era
11-17-2009, 06:45 PM
What about Parcells?

Hes old, but so what.

Id like a HOF type like him to push this clown FO around, get his way, and change the way that the Bills work from the inside out.