X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Jauron Firing Also Means Ralph "Gets It"

But, there are reasons to think Ralph C. Wilson "gets it", and is actually willing to do "what it takes" to turn his sagging Bills franchise around. A source tells me C.O.O. Russ Brandon has already started the search for a respected football man to head up football operations, and that person would be in charge of bringing in the next head coach along with all other changes in the personnel department, and changes there will be.
    this is from Ed Kilgor. If true this is even better news.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jauron Firing Also Means Ralph "Gets It"

I'm liking what I've heard from Ed and Vic...it really sounds like the Bills will pay to get the right people in here to fix this mess. This is an exciting time to be a Bills fan...we have HOPE again!

Comment

• baalworship
      • May 2003

Best news of the year. Our wish for total housecleaning might be granted. I am more excited than I have been in years.

I actually feel like watching some football again this Sunday.

Comment

• billsburgh
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        I'm liking what I've heard from Ed and Vic...it really sounds like the Bills will pay to get the right people in here to fix this mess. This is an exciting time to be a Bills fan...we have HOPE again!

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by billsburgh
          this is from Ed Kilgor. If true this is even better news.
          http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...=72016&catid=4
          That measn one of two things:

1) We get a guy that's an unemployed GM
          2) We get a guy that's going to be both GM and HC

I hope its the later, because if not, we could be looking at the Donahoe scenario part 2.

If its version 1:

We are looking at:
          • Charlie Casserly
          • Could still be Mike Holmgren if he doesn't want to coach, only be GM
          • I guess Cowher might fit for the Holmgren scenario, but it wouldnt seem to fit for Billick (to young), Gruden (not the type), or Shanahan (not the type).
          • Dungy might fit the MH scenario too, but then we might also see Vick in a Bills uni.
          • Others?

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

I'm praying it's Shanahan or Cowhar. Either would turn us around and make us competitive fast (Shanahan and Cowhar both beat Belichick in January).. I would even be happy with Marty Schottenheimer (dear god not his son, please not his son) as i could easily live with 12 or 13 win seasons over and over again even if we get kicked in the first round of the playoffs.
            Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-17-2009, 07:06 PM.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
              I'm praying it's Shanahan or Cowhar. Either would turn us around and make us competitive fast (Shanahan and Cowhar both beat Belichick in January).. I would even be happy with Marty Schottenheimer (dear god not his son, please not his son) as i could easily live with 12 or 13 win seasons over and over again even if we get kicked in the first round of the playoffs.
              Did Jauron ever beat Belichick? I dont think so.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsburgh
                Did Jauron ever beat Belichick? I dont think so.

nope. not once. As long as Belichick is in the AFCE we need a coach who can beat him. We can't grab some unknown coordinator who's never coached before... that's like throwing a lamb to the slaughter.
                Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-17-2009, 07:08 PM.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  Love it.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                    Next Question!
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by X-Era
                    That measn one of two things:

1) We get a guy that's an unemployed GM
                    2) We get a guy that's going to be both GM and HC

I hope its the later, because if not, we could be looking at the Donahoe scenario part 2.

If its version 1:

We are looking at:
                    • Charlie Casserly
                    • Could still be Mike Holmgren if he doesn't want to coach, only be GM
                    • I guess Cowher might fit for the Holmgren scenario, but it wouldnt seem to fit for Billick (to young), Gruden (not the type), or Shanahan (not the type).
                    • Dungy might fit the MH scenario too, but then we might also see Vick in a Bills uni.
                    • Others?
                    I disagree. I am hoping that what happened today signals a 6-7 week due diligence search for a top notch pro personnel guy, of which that guy will be hired if he is out of football right now, or be hired at the end of the season, then evaluate Modrak and Guy (and likely fire them), then bring in his head coach. I'm all for it.

Comment

• billsburgh
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                      nope. not once. As long as Belichick is in the AFCE we need a coach who can beat him. We can't grab some unknown coordinator who's never coached before... that's like throwing a lamb to the slaughter.
                      I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Belichick and his staff were game planning for the Bills. I can only imagine what Belichick says about Jauron and the Bills.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

I really hope we take our time with this. I don't see any reason to rush, as there is really nothing a new GM or HC is going to be able to do during this current season anyway. Take the time necessary to pick the right guys, as opposed to rushing someone in now just to keep fans in the seats for the rest of the season.
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• T-Long
                          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                          • Sep 2003

I'm just glad that Brandon has already begun the search. The quicker we get the football op guy in, the quicker we have an answer to a HC.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                            I really hope we take our time with this. I don't see any reason to rush, as there is really nothing a new GM or HC is going to be able to do during this current season anyway. Take the time necessary to pick the right guys, as opposed to rushing someone in now just to keep fans in the seats for the rest of the season.
                            To me the rush isn't to keep fans in the seats, its to beat the other teams that will be looking for GM's and/or HC's to the punch... why not shop without competition?

Snooze and you may lose.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                              !?!?!?!?!?
                              • Mar 2006

We WOULD hire Casserly (that's not a good thing), he's a good talent evaluator, but in terms of being a real GM not so much. If we could get someone to fill John Guy's role I'd be fine with Casserly though. I'm very happy that Brandon is going to stay on board though because I don't want to see him lose his job for being forced into a job that isn't exactly his area of expertise.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍