11-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Anybody?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Dick Jauron

BILLSROCK1212
11-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Anybody?
I think Holmgren is VERY likely. He coached in Green Bay and Seattle where the fans are very into it especially Green Bay. He recently stated that if he were to return to coaching he'd prefer the east coast because he's never coached there and the guy isn't one to turn down a team just because of the city. He's very passionate and regardless of whether or not he's a good GM he's got connections all over the league from his days in Green Bay where he can bring guys in who can easily turn this team around.

X-Era
11-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Anybody?
Charlie Casserly (not a huge fan)

Outside of that? No idea.

And then the list of old HC's with success that might become a GM a.l.a. Parcells.

Could we pry Polian away somehow? :pray:

Nighthawk
11-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Accorsi? I really don't know...I'm sure this will be a proven guy...

X-Era
11-17-2009, 06:23 PM
I think Holmgren is VERY likely. He coached in Green Bay and Seattle where the fans are very into it especially Green Bay. He recently stated that if he were to return to coaching he'd prefer the east coast because he's never coached there and the guy isn't one to turn down a team just because of the city. He's very passionate and regardless of whether or not he's a good GM he's got connections all over the league from his days in Green Bay where he can bring guys in who can easily turn this team around.

I might seem close minded, I'm not.

I just want a guy or guys with a pedigree (SB ring).

X-Era
11-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Accorsi? I really don't know...I'm sure this will be a proven guy...
Still the Giants GM?

BILLSROCK1212
11-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Still the Giants GM?
na, he stepped down a few years back and Jerry Reese is their GM, the Browns are supposedly looking into him, but Holmgren is number one on their list

superbills
11-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Could we pry Polian away somehow? :pray:

Sadly I think that bridge burned to the ground :(

Patti120
11-17-2009, 06:35 PM
NFL network is saying that there is no way in hell that any proven HC comes in to this mess. They think that it will be someone that has been on the cusp b/w coordinator and HC the last few years.

With that said, they did say that they believe that this allows the bills to contact those coaches (Cowher, Shanny, etc.) to see if there is any interest or what it would take and it also gives us a chance to do a much more thorough analysis of of ther potential candidates.

All up in the air at this point!

X-Era
11-17-2009, 06:36 PM
NFL network is saying that there is no way in hell that any proven HC comes in to this mess. They think that it will be someone that has been on the cusp b/w coordinator and HC the last few years.

With that said, they did say that they believe that this allows the bills to contact those coaches (Cowher, Shanny, etc.) to see if there is any interest or what it would take and it also gives us a chance to do a much more thorough analysis of of ther potential candidates.

Stick with Vic, not the tools at the desk on NFLN (do love Eisen though).

Nighthawk
11-17-2009, 06:36 PM

You've got to understand that they are looking at it from the outside and Ralph's history. I think Ralph doesn't want an unproven guy in here, he wants somebody who knows how to win and the fans will be happy about...

Nighthawk
11-17-2009, 06:38 PM

Exactly...I've never and I mean NEVER heard Vic state that he thinks Ralph will spend money on a HC. This is a change and in my mind, is a sure sign that this is what will happen. Vic has connections and I believe him over the national media guys.

methos4ever
11-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Marc Ross, our old Blesto Nat'l Scout. Here's a vid of him http://www.giants.com/player/ivideo-08.asp?file_300=rtmp%3A%2F%2Fcp50514.edgefcs.net%2Fondemand%2F50515%2F50515%2Foffseason%2F09_0501_papa_ross.flv
Chris Polian, though he is the heir apparent to the Colts.
Eric DeCosta / Vincent Newsome, Ravens
James "Shack" Harris, Lions. Former Bill and a solid Gm that took the fall for Del Rio.

X-Era
11-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Marc Ross, our old Blesto Nat'l Scout.
Chris Polian, though he is the heir apparent to the Colts.
Eric DeCosta / Vincent Newsome, Ravens
James "Shack" Harris, Lions. Former Bill and a solid Gm that took the fall for Del Rio.

That list doesn't exactly instill a new pedigree of winning in Buff.

methos4ever
11-17-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where you threw some suggestions the Bills won't be reading out...

DeCosta and Newsome have rings. Ross has a ring. Polian has a ring. I don't know what your problem is.

If your criteria was what the Panthers and Colts (or even the Bills first) used, Polian wouldn't be where he is. I picked guys who were either younger, have been a part of successful physical franchises and all four mentioned have rings. What's the disconnect?

X-Era
11-17-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where you threw some suggestions the Bills won't be reading out...

DeCosta and Newsome have rings. Ross has a ring. Polian has a ring. I don't know what your problem is.

If your criteria was what the Panthers and Colts (or even the Bills first) used, Polian wouldn't be where he is. I picked guys who were either younger, have been a part of successful physical franchises and all four mentioned have rings. What's the disconnect?
1) Maybe I spoke too soon, if they know how to build a team and have proven it, Im fine with that. It wasn't clear that that was the case to me. But, I also am not that up on the GM prospects.

2) My problem is with spending another dime, another day, or even another moment trying to hope for some unproven guy to be all we need. If that's not the case with your list, fine.

BILLSROCK1212
11-17-2009, 07:10 PM
eisen reminds me of tom hanks for some reason....there is your random post of the day

X-Era
11-17-2009, 07:19 PM
The Browns are supposedly meeting with Holmgren on their GM spot...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/17/jim-brown-spills-the-beans-on-holmgren/

Act fast or we may lose out!

methos4ever
11-17-2009, 07:19 PM
1) Maybe I spoke too soon, if they know how to build a team and have proven it, Im fine with that. It wasn't clear that that was the case to me. But, I also am not that up on the GM prospects.

2) My problem is with spending another dime, another day, or even another moment trying to hope for some unproven guy to be all we need. If that's not the case with your list, fine.
I see your point and I agree, but we have a problem with that - any big name GM we hire that fits the criteria and isn't on a team already was fired from a team or left for one reason or another. If it's a GM, most likely fired. If it's a Coach/GM, they either are looking for their perfect job or again, were stripped of their GM / Coaching duties.

X-Era
11-17-2009, 07:23 PM
I see your point and I agree, but we have a problem with that - any big name GM we hire that fits the criteria and isn't on a team already was fired from a team or left for one reason or another. If it's a GM, most likely fired. If it's a Coach/GM, they either are looking for their perfect job or again, were stripped of their GM / Coaching duties.

I don't see that as a problem, but an opportunity.

BillsWin
11-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Bill Polian. A group of Bills fans is headed to his house as I am typing this message to kidnap him and bring him back to Buffalo...

Demon
11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Polian is the obvious. Another one i'd like who was linked with our job is Bruce Allen... former Bucs GM who hired Gruden in Tampa.

Personally, i like those two the most.

Mike13
11-17-2009, 08:02 PM
why would Polian leave Indy?

Demon
11-17-2009, 08:06 PM
why would Polian leave Indy?

Despite it being a pipe dream, here is why it makes (some) sense. He still lives in Buffalo and has been trying to "retire" and hand the Colts to son his, Chris. Chris Polian is very respected and is ready to take the team over. Thurman Thomas said on WGR few weeks ago, that Bill would be willing to return to the Bills if he was asked if he does end up leaving Indy.

Bmax
11-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Carl Peterson- if he wants back in....
Charley Casserly-he was right when he drafted Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

David Caldwell of Atlanta college director of scouting.. a Buffalo native very young...not ready for GM job...but a guy worked under Polian in indy could be a vp of pro personel in charge of college draft etc.. if modrak is let go..

Greg Gaberiel-another Buffalo guy who is the senior director of scouting mentioned in the past ready to be GM....

Eric Decosta- young ravens exec...

Bobby Depaul- bears exec...

Bmax

DraftBoy
11-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Eric DeCosta is by far my #1 choice, after that you look for guys who come from successful trees.

Some other names;
Les Snead-Atlanta
David Caldwell-Atlanta (Buffalo Native)
Lionel Vital-Atlanta
Brian Gaine-Miami
Chris Grier-Miami