PDA

View Full Version : Fewell’s Philsophy: “Play Like Hell & Win”

patmoran2006
11-17-2009, 08:30 PM
“Play like hell and win.”

Those are the only five words new interim head coach Perry Fewell needed to muster when asked what his philosophy would be now after taking over for Dick Jauron today.

Fewell was introduced as the new interim head coach tonight at a makeshift press conference. One trait he definitely shares with the now former coach is his dislike for saying too much. Immediately showing his Elusiveness, Fewell refused to provide any details as to what he and owner Ralph Wilson discussed today other than he accepted the position as interim head coach.

READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/11/fewells-philsophy-play-like-hell-win/)

Oldbillsfan
11-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Great idea Perry!

justasportsfan
11-17-2009, 08:40 PM
whats wrong with play not to lose?

:couch:

Nighthawk
11-17-2009, 08:44 PM
So we've gone from a Dick of a HC to a Fool of a HC? Can't wait for this season to be over and get a real HC in here!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-17-2009, 08:52 PM
NO! LOOSE OUT SO WE CAN GET A QB!

serioulsy dont start getting wins or we'll be right smack in the middle of the draft and get no one that will make a diff

Nighthawk
11-17-2009, 08:52 PM
NO! LOOSE OUT SO WE CAN GET A QB!

serioulsy dont start getting wins or we'll be right smack in the middle of the draft and get no one that will make a diff

I think you meant "lose", but I get what you're saying. I want 3-13...no reason to start winning now!

HHURRICANE
11-17-2009, 09:00 PM
I think you meant "lose", but I get what you're saying. I want 3-13...no reason to start winning now!

Nighthawk I have some personal ties to the Buffalo Hockey Club. Any reason why you have that logo? I have the original Jersey's etc.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-17-2009, 09:02 PM

actually what I meant was "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE" and in REALLLLLLLLLY LOOOOOOOOSSSSEEEEEE ALLLLLOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!

Nighthawk
11-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Nighthawk I have some personal ties to the Buffalo Hockey Club. Any reason why you have that logo? I have the original Jersey's etc.

I am a huge fan of the old logo and my grandfather actually gave me some old programs from those teams. I'm just into Buffalo sports history and love the look of it. I'd love to get my hands on one of the old jerseys!

Meathead
11-17-2009, 09:14 PM
welcome to the watermelon and white women era of bills football

good thing the utilities are in russ' name

Turf
11-17-2009, 11:06 PM
That pepsi cola logo was the sweetest Buffalo logo evah.

MassEffect218435
11-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I wonder if Fewell sticks if he wins five or
more games.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2009, 01:17 AM
some people are complaining about fewell, i just don't get it. as bills fans will we ever be happy? i know i am. i'm just glad i don't have to see that stupid ****ing look on jaurons face and him clapping after another botched play or drive.

mybills
11-18-2009, 07:28 AM
"We are who we are," Fewell said, adding he'll wait until Wednesday to announce whether Trent Edwards or Ryan Fitzpatrick will start at quarterback this weekend.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8144712f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
And the musical QB's continue!

NorthCarBills
11-18-2009, 07:31 AM
I wonder if Fewell sticks if he wins five or
more games.

That's my concern, and the one thing that kept me slightly grounded yesterday after my initial jumps for joy.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-18-2009, 07:48 AM
some people are complaining about fewell, i just don't get it. as bills fans will we ever be happy? i know i am. i'm just glad i don't have to see that stupid ****ing look on jaurons face and him clapping after another botched play or drive.

i am sure the issue is that everyone wants ANYTHING to do with this current administration completly gone... no remanant left in any way. no bad apple left in the basket as we start completly fresh

The King
11-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Perry seems to have a chip on his shoulder, and I like it!

Iehoshua
11-18-2009, 08:21 AM
"We are who we are," Fewell said

Reminds me of "They are who we THOUGHT they were!"

madness
11-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Perry has always seemed to be the polar opposite of Jauron. It will be interesting to see how this team responds to a coach who wears his emotions on his sleeve.

trapezeus
11-18-2009, 08:29 AM
fewell not only has to win, but he has to get a whole different team out there. if he goes 5-2, but the wins are as sloppy and as pathetic as the Jets and Panthers "wins", fewell ain't staying. If he comes out and somehow communicates to the offense that they need to score and he has AVP open the playbook to more than 2 formations and they light up teams, perhaps he's worth keeping.

but i'm with the poster who said everyone is getting sacked at the end of the year. Ralph is fed up. He rarely does this. Rarely takes the monetary loss. Rarely gets his organizations feedback. rarely gets outside feedback. This feels different. perhaps i'm drinking the koolaid, but i expect big changes.

mybills
11-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Reminds me of "They are who we THOUGHT they were!"
Why did you change your name, Darth? :scratch:

What about the QB comment? They just said Fitz is starting in the Jax game, now they don't know again. :cynic:

I'm guessing Trent starts.

Mad Bomber
11-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Play like hell and win....

I like that more than DJ's "play like crap and try not to lose".

Michael82
11-18-2009, 09:19 AM
fewell not only has to win, but he has to get a whole different team out there. if he goes 5-2, but the wins are as sloppy and as pathetic as the Jets and Panthers "wins", fewell ain't staying. If he comes out and somehow communicates to the offense that they need to score and he has AVP open the playbook to more than 2 formations and they light up teams, perhaps he's worth keeping.

but i'm with the poster who said everyone is getting sacked at the end of the year. Ralph is fed up. He rarely does this. Rarely takes the monetary loss. Rarely gets his organizations feedback. rarely gets outside feedback. This feels different. perhaps i'm drinking the koolaid, but i expect big changes.

I agree. This feels a lot different. I personally look back to 2001 when the Bills scrapped everything and started over again completely with Tom Donahoe. I think we are going to do it again, but this time Russ will convince Ralph to hire some young up and coming pro personnel director or something. And we'll get a new head coach after that.

jamze132
11-18-2009, 10:04 AM

So you are happy we traded one idiot for another? You ever heard of the 10-yard cushion? Perry Fewell patented it. Been losing by it for almost 4 years now!

Nighthawk
11-18-2009, 12:20 PM
So you are happy we traded one idiot for another? You ever heard of the 10-yard cushion? Perry Fewell patented it. Been losing by it for almost 4 years now!

Sometimes people are blinded by change and just assume because the name is different it doesn't mean the same crap will continue. Let's not forget that Perry Fool is the guy running one of the worst defenses in the league and has been brutal since he's been here. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Dickey is gone, but there is no way in hell I want this loser as our HC next season!

yordad
11-18-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't know about yall, but I like his philosophy, lol.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2009, 12:58 PM
yes i am. my philosophy for the rest of the year is.....as long as it's not jauron i'm stoked. i could barely bring myself to watch games with him on the sidelines.

anybody remember in the patriots game? the defense had a huge stop. you could see fewell on the sidelines doing like 5 fist pumps. we saw it and and rewound the dvr 5 times because it was hilarious and nice to see someone showing emotion. whether he sucks or he doesn't. it will be a nice change of pace to possibly see someone with some balls yell at players.

that being said. no matter how many wins he gets the bills, i do not want him here next year. in any way shape or form.

mybills
11-18-2009, 01:07 PM
What about the QB comment? They just said Fitz is starting in the Jax game, now they don't know again. :cynic:

I'm guessing Trent starts.

guessed wrong, now it's Fitz again.
http://storage1.colony1.net/57/Content/tn_Reese%20and%20Adam%20merry%20go%20round.JPG

unpaid_bills
11-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Perry seems to have a chip on his shoulder, and I like it!

Coaching in the NFL you have to have a chip, edge, attitude whatever you want to call it. There have a been a few exceptions over the years that have been successful, but those are few and far between. The players are so talented they need to a different kind of motivation & coaching. Thats why alot of college coaches just dont pan out in the NFL. We really need someone with NFL HC experience (pref leading a team to playoffs, winning history, etc.) but i think just as importantly with an edge/attitude they need to have both. Remember whoever we bring in will likely be re-building the whole staff and roster (we dont exactely have studs at every key position) so they definetly need to have experience, respenct & pull to bring these guys in (coaches,free-agents and thru the Draft).

I honestly dont have faith that the Bills can get one of the big names available (cowher, billick, gruden, etc.) They unfortunately need alot more than HC but hey its a start in the right direction. Lets just hope and pray whoever they bring in, does the right thing and is given the power and authority to do this thing the right way.